Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cade711

What do I have?

I've had a red mark on my face for 4 or 5 months now. I saw a dermatologist who said, "It's probably just acne that burst under the skin. There's a small chance it might be skin cancer... but the odds are small." She measured the mark, gave me cream for it, and told me to see him again in two months.

Since then I've been worried. Is it normal to have a red mark for 4 or 5 months? It's not changing or getting better. Should I be worried about skin cancer?

Any thoughts?

I'm in my mid-20s and I still suffer from regular acne... so I do have a tendency for it.

I wish there were dermatologists who knew what they were talking about!

Anyway, I have had marks like that for a year before. Actually one is still pink from 2 years ago and it was originally some sort of pimple that didn't fit any kind of regular pimple description---very frustrating. So it might just be something like that.On the other hand, any derm that is taking a chance by saying "it might be cancer...see me in 2 months" cannot be trusted. Go to another doctor. GOOD LUCK!