Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi there

I've been on the regimen for a while now, and I'm just wondering if there's an ideal time to wait between each step of the regimen? I tend to vary the time (5-15 minutes, like Dan says) each time I do the regimen. Also, how long does it take people to do the entire regimen (wash, bp, moisturize)? It seems to take me a while. I'm more than willing to take the extra time for this, but it does seem to take a lengthy amount of time. And as far as the lactic acid/AHA goes, how much of a difference does it make? I have oily skin, and right now I'm using Neutrogena Oil Free Moisture for combination skin. I'm hesitant to use the Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer for fear of redness and burning. I do have a lot of those little bumps on my forehead that aren't really visible, but it's hard to tell if they're active or not. Just one more question; when is the best time to shave with an electric shaver if one has to do so in the morning (around the time when one is doing the regimen)? Thanks in advance for the help.

I only wait 5 minutes.

In the morning, sometimes I don't even time it. I apply BP right after washing and while I do something else (get dressed, get my stuff ready, etc.) I wait for the BP to dry and then put on the moisturizer. You shouldn't stress too much over the time in between the steps.

It usually takes me about 30 minutes to do the regimen.

AHA is meant for chronically dry/flaky skin.

Shave before you cleanse.

it depends i usually wait 5-10,and for your other question about the aha i am in the same boat, i have some redmarks id like to get rid off but my face is already kinda red from the regimen, but i think you should give it a try, thats what im going to do, maybe try it once a day to get used to it, see how its working, if after awile u notice no improvements switch back to what you were using.

Thanks for the advice. I know that I need to wait a bit of time between each step; otherwise, it takes an incredibly long amount of time for the bp/moisturizer to absorb. I think I'll stick with the sensitive skin version of the Neutrogena moisturizer with AHA. I'm hesitant to try any other moisturizers, due to the oily skin issue. Honestly, though, it's not as bad as it seems, so I don't usually do much about it (other than occasional blotting), but I wouldn't want to use something that would aggravate it.