Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As all of you are probably aware the taste of green tea is vile. However I know lots of people like the Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino so I thought I would share copy-cat recipes I found.

Below is recipe that I found posted by on another website who worked at Starbucks. She says that the recipe which actually comes from a Starbucks-type summer drink book

2 filterbags green tea

1/2 cup boiling water

1/2 cold filtered water

juice of 1/4 medium grapefruit

1/2 teaspoon grated ginger

1/16 serrano chili,diced

1/4 medium ripe avocado

1/2 cup simple syrup (water and suger disolved)

juice of 1/2 medium lemon

1 cup ice

Pour boiling water over filterbags in 8 oz. mug; steep tea for 3 mins. Remove bags and add cold water. Combine all remaining ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Makes two servings.

If you would like to buy the official green tea matcha powder that starbucks uses it is sold at bobateadirect.com but its costs around $40.

You can also find a similar recipe at http://www.scrollinondubs.com/?p=113 and there is some interesting nutrional data at http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c22V9.html

Green tea contains potent antioxidant compounds that have demonstrated greater antioxidant protection than vitamins C and E. Green tea may also increase the activity of antioxidant enzymes. Green tea polyphenols may inhibit cancer by blocking the formation of cancer-causing compounds and suppressing the activation of carcinogens. The major polyphenols in green tea are flavonoids (catechin, epicatechin, epicatechin gallate, epigallocatechin gallate,apigenin, and proanthocyanidins).

Recently, it was shown that apigenin, a natural flavone, has potent progestational activity and can therefore help reduce sebum production.

Enjoy!!

As all of you are probably aware the taste of green tea is vile. However I know lots of people like the Starbucks Green Tea Frappuccino so I thought I would share copy-cat recipes I found.

Below is recipe that I found posted by on another website who worked at Starbucks. She says that the recipe which actually comes from a Starbucks-type summer drink book

2 filterbags green tea

1/2 cup boiling water

1/2 cold filtered water

juice of 1/4 medium grapefruit

1/2 teaspoon grated ginger

1/16 serrano chili,diced

1/4 medium ripe avocado

1/2 cup simple syrup (water and suger disolved)

juice of 1/2 medium lemon

1 cup ice

Pour boiling water over filterbags in 8 oz. mug; steep tea for 3 mins. Remove bags and add cold water. Combine all remaining ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Makes two servings.

If you would like to buy the official green tea matcha powder that starbucks uses it is sold at bobateadirect.com but its costs around $40.

You can also find a similar recipe at http://www.scrollinondubs.com/?p=113 and there is some interesting nutrional data at http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-B00001-01c22V9.html

Green tea contains potent antioxidant compounds that have demonstrated greater antioxidant protection than vitamins C and E. Green tea may also increase the activity of antioxidant enzymes. Green tea polyphenols may inhibit cancer by blocking the formation of cancer-causing compounds and suppressing the activation of carcinogens. The major polyphenols in green tea are flavonoids (catechin, epicatechin, epicatechin gallate, epigallocatechin gallate,apigenin, and proanthocyanidins).

Recently, it was shown that apigenin, a natural flavone, has potent progestational activity and can therefore help reduce sebum production.

Enjoy!!

The combinations in that drink sounds strange. I've never tried it before.

green tea by itself tastes yummy! i havent tried the green tea at starbucks but i buy their black tea (spice tea) version that comes in a carton and you mix it with milk. yummoooo!!