Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MrMe

Regimen working less and less each day?

I've been using the BP gel for at least a year now and after a lot of irritation and redness whilst getting used to it, it's been working pretty well.

But lately it seems like its not doing anything - I still have pretty clear times, but then suddenly I'll get another break-out, and there have been quite a few this month. Before with the BP gel I would maybe get one spot here and there every few weeks, not much to worry about - but today, for example, I have about 5 all concentrated around my chin and cheeks. I dont get it!

I came to stock up on more BP gel, and noticed it's in a new tube and there is now a cleanser available..... I ordered 2 of each (waiting for the moisturiser, too!) but I'm just wondering if there is anything different about the BP gel?

Also, the BP gel really seems to have dried my skin out completely. Unless I moisturise a LOT each morning, the minute I wet my face (even before I use BP), it literally dries out 100% all around the area that I usually use it. And I mean DRY. I can't move my mouth without feeling the skin pull tightly, and it's visible dry, like some freakin' desert :think: Once I use the gel and moisturise, its fine for the rest of day - but its just a bit worrying.

I've been using the BP gel for at least a year now and after a lot of irritation and redness whilst getting used to it, it's been working pretty well.

But lately it seems like its not doing anything - I still have pretty clear times, but then suddenly I'll get another break-out, and there have been quite a few this month. Before with the BP gel I would maybe get one spot here and there every few weeks, not much to worry about - but today, for example, I have about 5 all concentrated around my chin and cheeks. I dont get it!

I came to stock up on more BP gel, and noticed it's in a new tube and there is now a cleanser available..... I ordered 2 of each (waiting for the moisturiser, too!) but I'm just wondering if there is anything different about the BP gel?

Also, the BP gel really seems to have dried my skin out completely. Unless I moisturise a LOT each morning, the minute I wet my face (even before I use BP), it literally dries out 100% all around the area that I usually use it. And I mean DRY. I can't move my mouth without feeling the skin pull tightly, and it's visible dry, like some freakin' desert :think: Once I use the gel and moisturise, its fine for the rest of day - but its just a bit worrying.

Are you a 100% sure, that you're being gentle enough when you do your regimen? Alot of people, including myself, have been getting red skin, irritation and so on, from not being gentle enough during the application of the regimen products.... I've noticed a BIG difference between the "quick" regimen application and the slow and gentle application. Perhaps, this is the reason why you are experiencing some irritation etc.... I know it's something everybody knows, but it seems like people forget to be gentle and therefore has to pay the price for this... It always seems to be the "small" things you forget...

And it's a very good idea to use CSR's products... In my opinion it's the best one's out there! :D

What kind of moisturiser are you using?

Best of luck, T.

MrMe, please respond to what you read at http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Also, I didn't find that moisturizer on drugstore.com. Is it made specifically for the face and oil-free? As far as dryness goes, there are few moisturizers that are good enough to deal with dryness. I highly recommend you use cetaphil moisturizing lotion at night and neutrogena healthy skin with AHA during the day.

MrMe, please respond to what you read at http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html

Also, I didn't find that moisturizer on drugstore.com. Is it made specifically for the face and oil-free? As far as dryness goes, there are few moisturizers that are good enough to deal with dryness.

The one I use is oil-free and made specifically for the face, yes - the reason I use it is I can't find any that you mention in shops here in the UK, and the places I find them online are rather pricey. I'm waiting for yours to go with the Cleanser and BP :shifty:

Like I said, the dryness isnt a problem once I use the moisturiser (of course!), it was just something I noticed before using it. My skin wasnt just dry, it got a sort of white film over it, a grainy texture. Very light but very visible and it goes away with a quick splash of water and some moisturiser.

I highly recommend you use cetaphil moisturizing lotion at night and neutrogena healthy skin with AHA during the day.

Why two different moisturisers?