Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Artos

Just started Roaccutane - Post-Tane Pic

Hi everyone,

My name is Ciarán. Im 16 years old and from Ireland, Limerick. I just started 60mg/day Roaccutane over a period of 4 months. Already my lips are as dry as anything!

IPB Image

I've had acne since I was 12yrs old. And its been putting down my self esteem ever since. I actually cant wait for this to be finally all gone! I was looking through the forum and I saw all the before / after pics. Im amazed what this drug can do.

But.. This is also the first time on this forum that i've ever heard of IB (initial breakout). Hope it doesnt happen to me. Also the major side affect, depression, since im 16yrs id do pretty stupid things.. But im smart and sensible. I got a girlfriend that ive been with over a year to help me through.

I'll keep you updated weekly.

Thanks for listening

Ur acne looks a lot much like mine and is at the same location on my face, good luck with tane and remember to keep the aquaphor handy

and the ib is bad but its not the end of the world just temperorary

Thanks for your reply man. Made me feel a whole lot better. I'm more excited about the 8th december (End Date) than I am excited about christmas haha.

I am on 60mg a day also! You are really gonna need aquaphor for your lips! Mine got super dry just a couple days after I started.

Good Luck!

Thanks :D Girls are lucky that they can cover most of it with make-up. Guys have nothing lol. In the proper lighting my face doesnt look that bad :)

On the leaflet that came with my many boxes of tane I read ALL the side affects. Also I noticed it said that if i miss a dose, take it as soon as possible afterwards unless its nearly time for my next dose. in that case DO NOT TAKE A DOUBLE DOSE. Thats what it said.

My derm told me that I can take a double dose. He even said I can take a triple if im unable to take the other doses in the day.

Anyone else's derm say they can do this? btw, im on 20mg tablets, 60 mg/day.

Thanks :D Girls are lucky that they can cover most of it with make-up. Guys have nothing lol. In the proper lighting my face doesnt look that bad :)

On the leaflet that came with my many boxes of tane I read ALL the side affects. Also I noticed it said that if i miss a dose, take it as soon as possible afterwards unless its nearly time for my next dose. in that case DO NOT TAKE A DOUBLE DOSE. Thats what it said.

My derm told me that I can take a double dose. He even said I can take a triple if im unable to take the other doses in the day.

Anyone else's derm say they can do this? btw, im on 20mg tablets, 60 mg/day.

nope thats a first...

dont worry ur gonna look great for the holidays..

good luck with the tane :D

You really do have the most georgeous eye color! You're skin looks like mine when I started. I also have the same scarring on the cheeks. You're welcome to check out the pics in my gallery and the last post in my journal if you would like to see the improvement. Good Luck on your tane journey! :D

I know it's two years later but I would like to show everyone that accutane works miracles!

This picture was taken a few months ago. I am delighted with the results of it. Sorry about the bad quality of the photo.

post-45482-1210706951_thumb.jpg

post-45482-1210706951_thumb.jpg