Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
corey514

prescriptions?

Hello.. I have chest, back, neck, and face acne.. but face and neck isn't bad.. neck acne shows up every now and then and face acne is far from clear but proactiv seems to be keeping it just maybe a little worse than mild acne, anyways.. chest and back is very gross and ugly.. i was wondering if anyone thinks a doctar would perscribe me pills cause im sick of spending all this money on proactiv, due to the large areas i have to cover.. Thanks

go see a general practioner or derm, (gp prolly cheaper/faster) and they will prescribe antibiotics for you. These are prescribed freely so you will sure find something helpful. (they are cheap too, http://www.drugstore.com/pharmacy/prices/d...&trx=1Z5006

just one possible antibiotic they may put you on... there are plenty. Ask them for generics, not branded which costs hundreds.)

other than antibiotics, then there is accutane which is a whole different animal... go see a doc first and get some professional opinion first.

Hello.. I have chest, back, neck, and face acne.. but face and neck isn't bad.. neck acne shows up every now and then and face acne is far from clear but proactiv seems to be keeping it just maybe a little worse than mild acne, anyways.. chest and back is very gross and ugly.. i was wondering if anyone thinks a doctar would perscribe me pills cause im sick of spending all this money on proactiv, due to the large areas i have to cover.. Thanks

You really shouldn't use proactiv on large area's like that. If i were you i'd use something that spreads on easily and that you don't have to use a lot of & something cheap..like DDF benzol peroxide 5% with tea tree oil. Benzol peroxide is the best i think because it dries out pimples REALLY FAST.

Thanks, the proactiv nearly completely cleared my neck back and chest.. but its coming back and yeah.. dont want to do that agian haha, thanks though i'll try this - hopefully get a good prescription pill.. i want a pill not something i have to apply every night and morning

Proactive SuX! Use some other type of BP (much cheaper of course) for larger areas at least...