Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This has nothing to do with whiteheads, blackheads, cystic acne, scars, redmarks, popping pimples, benzoyl peroxide, retin-a, or a nasty zit on the tip of a nose.

I was reading the paper yesterday and saw that a derm in my area was going to court on charges that he fondled a woman's breasts while performing a procedure on her.

Evidently this was during a Saturday appointment when none of the other staff were around.

I know this derm and was a patient of his for two years. I left because he kept pushing accutane when I was currently going through a serious bout of depression (which anyone knows is NOT the right time to put someone on accutane). I also thought the guy was sort of nosy about everything.

He'd be the last guy I suspect of fondling breasts or something, but this is just another reason why derms should not be trusted. Get your meds through your PCP (that's how I get my stuff) and only see a GOOD derm if you need something like dermabrasion.

The doctor could lose his medical licesnse or have it suspended if he is found guilty, and based on a real phone message left in response to this that was played to the cops I have a feeling he will be found guilty (unless some sound-alike made the message up and this was all being set up).

This article was on the back page of the "City and Region" section of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday 8-18.

This has nothing to do with whiteheads, blackheads, cystic acne, scars, redmarks, popping pimples, benzoyl peroxide, retin-a, or a nasty zit on the tip of a nose.

I was reading the paper yesterday and saw that a derm in my area was going to court on charges that he fondled a woman's breasts while performing a procedure on her.

Evidently this was during a Saturday appointment when none of the other staff were around.

I know this derm and was a patient of his for two years. I left because he kept pushing accutane when I was currently going through a serious bout of depression (which anyone knows is NOT the right time to put someone on accutane). I also thought the guy was sort of nosy about everything.

He'd be the last guy I suspect of fondling breasts or something, but this is just another reason why derms should not be trusted. Get your meds through your PCP (that's how I get my stuff) and only see a GOOD derm if you need something like dermabrasion.

The doctor could lose his medical licesnse or have it suspended if he is found guilty, and based on a real phone message left in response to this that was played to the cops I have a feeling he will be found guilty (unless some sound-alike made the message up and this was all being set up).

This article was on the back page of the "City and Region" section of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday 8-18.

Which derm was it? I'm curious because I'm from pittsburgh too. I know it wasn't my derm though because she's female. As far as derms not being trusted i would much rather go to a derm than a PCP for acne just because that is their area of speciality. Plus I don't think my PCP would want to see me every 6 weeks just to look at my skin. If your looking for a better derm in the area PM me and I'll tell you who I go to, i highly recommend her.

No guys seriously. All teenagers are up to no good. They all have acne too. Oh yeah if you see someone with acne its because they never wash their face. Tell them to buy Clean & Clear. And don't even get me started about senior citizens, all with their wheel chairs, knitting crappy things you don't want and telling you stories you've heard a million times. What about those Mexicans? Don't they all work for 50 cents an hour? Asians are all science nerds too. White people can't dance. What else is new in the world today?

Derms that talk to you for 5 minutes and then give you a prescription shouldn't be trusted, but not for the reasons above.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Bloody Volvo drivers.

Aristotle must be glad that he isn't around to witness the awesomeness that is modern message board.

Well, thanks for the information, but that really does not change what I think about dermatologists. Just because one derm committed such an act does not mean that we should not start losing our trust in derms.

uhhh so he's a perv. that doesn't have ANYTHING to do with his medical knowledge or that of others.

unless you have to be a perv to be a derm which isn't true.

My PCP gave me medication that nearly killed me. I still think PCPs are okay just not that one.

Think!!!!! yeesh

You shouldn't say not to trust derms just because of what ONE did. The group as a whole shouldn't have to pay for what one person did..it's not fair. It's like the war going on and everyone thinking that all muslims are terrorists

this is a very narrow minded post. why NOT to trust derms. you mean why NOT to trust pervs.