Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sverd

I just had mentos.. I feel so guilty

I know I shouldnt have done it. But I had a pack of fruit mentos lying on my desk and I couldnt take my eyes off it, I told myself I would just suck on one of them to get the sweet taste of candy that I've missed for so long but then I started chewing and I reached for another. Pretty soon the whole package was empty and I feel so guilty and I'm dreading what my skin will have to go through after a week of being clear.. right before I'm going on vacation to spain too :(:(:(

Next time eat 1 mentos, don't feel guilty, and forget about it instead of indulging on the whole package.

Next time eat 1 mentos, don't feel guilty, and forget about it instead of indulging on the whole package.

i dont have much self control

Next time eat the whole pack and relish in the fact that they tasted so good. I swear it's equal parts stress here for most people as it is food.I also think this board is fostering eating disorders.

This is something that you will have to overcome if you are to be successful with my upcoming Extreme Acne-Free Regimen by Necromancer. A lot of people don't have what it takes. When I was younger and used to drink Coke breakfast, lunch, and dinner and was pre-acne, I felt great. Nothing could make coke taste bad. But then one day I heard what it does to your teeth. The VERY NEXT DAY I quit. I haven't drank it since. I have been able to control my body and not let my body control me. I have suppressed all urges at past meals and snacks. I never eat candy, and never liked it all that much (the kids at school thought I was weird to turn down candy and chocolate all the time). You must be able to destroy these urges! Case closed.

:ninja:

Dolph - falling off the wagon is normal when trying to follow an acne diet because it generally is so restrictive. Try not to feel too bad about it - unhealthy guilt associated with food will only add to your problems.

Yeah man, here's the trick: try to include something in your diet every once in awhile that's halfway healthy or atleast neutral that counts as a reward. Something like a sorbet instead of icecream could be an example, since it's dairy free but still a frozen treat... if you really like pancakes and had to cut them out, maybe once or twice a month make up some nice pancakes (gluten free if gluten breaks you out), put some real maple syrup over them and enjoy every bite... this will make other things less tempting.

One other piece of advice. Try to find as many foods as possible which you believe do not break you out but which also fill you up. It is much easier to resist less healthy foods if you are not hungry. When I am hungry I reach for the nearest thing possible, which is usually fat and sugar laden :)

You may want to have a free day ... it may be once per week or once every 10 day or once a month but having a free day is the best way to avoid cravings

Maybe you're not interested in old ford cars collection cards but if you told to yourself that you "can never have those cards in your whole life" than you will crave them and will think of anything but them

It's human nature we crave what we tell ourselves we can't have, to believe we will never have in our life something makes us feel powerless and feeds obsession

And the funny thing is that when you tell yourself you can have that thing whanever you want then it is not such a deal anymore and you ignore it

When you have a free day you don't feel guilty because that's a compromise and you know you can have unhealthy foods if you want to. And when you have cravings but it's not your free day you don't feed then by saying "i can't have this, anymore ... as long as I'm alive" ... you say "it's not my free day, I will wait till my free day ... but I know in 5 days I can have it" ... and all the obsession and cravings about unhealthy food disappear because you're in control again

LOL. That's okay I'm a sucker for fruit mentos as well. Mmmmm.

I threw away all the stuff I had in my fridge and cupboards that I knew I would fail to avoid. I had this huge Christmas package of Ferro Roche chocolates which I gave to my neighbor etc etc etc.

So next time you see a lovely roll of fruit flavoured mentos run an throw them in the toilet bowl and hopefully you won't want to eat them anymore.

Next time eat the whole pack and relish in the fact that they tasted so good. I swear it's equal parts stress here for most people as it is food.

Agreed. If I'm contantly worried about breaking out, then I break out. It's a psychological thing. The stress and guilt you feel after eating something is more unhealthy than the food itself.

Definately don't stress. What's done is done. If you ....over the next few days or week or so.... notice extra acne appearing, note what kind it is and where it's located at. Then next time you can decide whether this is the route you want to go whether it's 1 or the whole pack. If you don't notice anything than you are highly active enough individual that the sugar content played no role, you are getting tons of great nutrients and fiber already, or....it doesn't affect you! :cool:

Of course, if you REALLY want something sweet just as JBHK said, find what sweet stuff you can eat that causes you no grief. In my case, I don't really crave sweet much, do notice it more if I haven't eaten all day (makes sense), but I go for:

* Xylitol sugar, gum, mints (Xlear, Ricochet, Xylichew)

* Sorbitol mints (Oral Fixation)

* Vegetable Glycerin (1 spoonful is disgustingly sweet alone but mixed in oatmeal, you need about 2 or so)

* Unsweetened dried fruit, frozen fruit, fresh frut

* Unsweetened, but Flavored Applesauce

* Dried fruit mixed with Cacoa Nibs (my purest form of chocolate pleasure)

(You may like http://www.lowcarbspecialities.com Drk chocolate wasn't very sweet, but that's how I like it now. Not certain about it's full ingredients though. )

I rarely, drink anything other than plain water (it's something that instantly changed in me when I changed my diet), but when I do its:

* Flavored, unsweetend water such as Le Natures, Hint, or Glaceau's

* Various teas sweetened with Vegetable Glycerin or Xylitol

* Sometimes flavored coffee, sweetened with one of the above

* Water mixed with Flavor packets (Kool Aid) or glycerin based flavorings sweetened with the above for more flavor variety.

Yeah I tend to feel guilty after doing things like that too. I admit that i need to get myself some more self control. The thing i struggle with is just having that 1 mento... I figure, if im going to have it, i have to have the whole thing (like what you did) and while im indulging in the entire pint of ice cream, a little voice is scolding me in the back of my head, but i feel like i cannot stop until its gone.

So this is what i do... I dont keep any bad foods in the house. If my little sister gets ice cream or junk food, i tell her to hide it somewhere where i will not find it (wow lol) but if i do want a treat like ice cream (sweets are my weakness) i will go out and get it at a ice cream shop or something and the smallest cup they have. And sometimes i am too lazy to go out and plus money wise that adds up, so it keeps me from getting it too much.

Also i try to eat the things i love REALLY slowly. I can savor the taste and that means get more satisfaction from it :D

lol. the stressing about it fucks you even more up, then the mentos package itself