Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jrod16

Red Marks/Pigmentation 100% will go away??

Posted

Im asking because i have a lot of red/brown marks and im asking because Ive never seen any older ppl with scars that have color in them basically indented marks with no color??? thanks

Posted

Do you have indented marks with discolouration or just red/brown marks on the surface? I believe that once all active acne has cleared up then red marks too can be attacked.

To answer your question, all dermatologist's tend to agree (my experience) that red marks fade with time. And with the research i have done brown marks also fade with time.

Hope this helps.

Guest papillon
Posted

Hi Jrod16. Yeah, I agree with the above reply. My derm says it fade with time as well. LOL But it sure does take long to fade!!!

Posted

1) Try using a toner with glycolic acid after you shower such as Aquaglycolic 2X a day...will diminish the red marks within like 2 weeks or so

2) If you use Klaron Lotion for Acne 2X a day it will prevent the red marks in the first place since it totally KICKS the asses of acne-causing bacteria. I literally see a red zit go away overnight with this miraculous medicine. Try it!

3) Stay out of the sun or wear hat/good sunscreen(that blocks UVA/UVB rays)...Please note that UVA and UVB rays will make the red marks redder.. That will explain why they don't go away in some people. (I think bright lights can make them redder too since a lot of lights have UV bulbs I think)

Hope this helps.

Posted

yea guys thanks for the replies but I dont think i have red marks because the doctor said it will take 1 year

for it to go away ( pigmentation) but my comment was that I never see adults with scars that have color in them

Posted

Hypertrophic scars in adults can be red in color actually. The sun usually makes them more red. It's possible they may even stay red for longer periods of time in adults since their skin remodels much slower unless they're on a really good skin treatment program.

Posted

I have a surgical scar on my back that was pink for about 8 years, and slowly progressed to the white color it is now. Most scars fade eventually, as do red marks... even if you don't do anything about them.

Posted

ive had a scar on my shoulder from chicken pox for ......i'd say 13 years and still very red.

Posted

yea i have a scar on my hand from a surgery i had, the scar was literally purple/black for about 6 months...now the top half of the scar is white and the lower half is white.

Guest nec77
Posted

all the people i've seen with bad skin had even skin tone but acne scars. i've had red marks for 4 years (still got). the 1-2 year time period is wrong.

Posted

I was at a job interview today and the person interviewing me was maybe around 28 or 30 and he had acne scars and up close there was still a little red in his pits. Maybe they don't completely go away....it got me thinking and scared mine wont.

Posted

PICS PLEASE.

Guest nec77
Posted

i've seen older people with pigmentation- brown marks on a dark complexion lady. she looked late 20s. i've never seen any old people with them though.