Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

we need sub-forums in the diet section

The same questions are being asked over and over again, and good information gets lost.

Let's face it: people don't want to search for the answer, they want to make a post, and have people answer them.

why not make

1) a "table of contents" for the most frequently discussed topics (you click on "insulin resistance" for example, and it automatically searches for all the posts that contain the phrase) and make it clearly visible and convenient for people to click on.

or

2) make sub forums: glycemic index, paleo diet, insulin resistance, iodine and acne, wai's diet, vitamins/supplements, other...

sample list:

Paleo Diet

Glycemic Index

or, use the search function, but use + instead of the " " to get more results.

I proposed that a while ago, but moderators seem to think that all posts are equally important, and what seems important today, will be old news tomorrow, and no one will want to read it.

or how about this:

put the "search" feature in a place where people can easily see it! Make the "search" field right here on the screen, so all people have to do it type in what they're looking for.

the whole acne/diet thing is seriously like 7 topics that occur over and over and over and over and over.... we never get anywhere!

old users leave, new users show up, they don't know anything, they give bad advice, then they learn some more, cure their acne, leave, new ones show up... etc. etc.

Instead of subforums those subjects could just be pinned threads. I think a pinned thread on herbal cleansing might be a great thing.

how does one pin a thread? I alrdy asked and a couple people didnt answer my question they just said add the thread in your signature. But i still think pinning certain threads is crucial so they dont get lost.

only moderators can pin threads. Unfortunately they choose to pin only ones which they - themselves like.

only moderators can pin threads. Unfortunately they choose to pin only ones which they - themselves like.

i dont think thats fair bc there are mnay threads that have a greta deal on info and then get lost.

What Teplo wants, Teplo gets :) Joel added a search function to the top of every page of the boards.

Any time you feel like a thread should be pinned, please bring it to our attention. We do not only choose the threads we like. We pin the ones that are very beneficial, as well as the ones that get a lof of requests to be pinned. It's about working as a team to make this site the best it can be and for that you help is very desired.

What Teplo wants, Teplo gets :) Joel added a search function to the top of every page of the boards.

:dance:

:cool: thanks guys!