Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shocky

Retin A 0.01& Gel Out - BP Gel In?

Hey everyone,

I'll try an be brief. I had a derm appointment July 17th where the Derm told me I had mild acne and he didnt know what I was doing at his office. He pescribed me Retin A 0.01% Gel for my mild acne and told me to apply it for 2-4 hours anight for 3 weeks and after that overnight. I am on my 5th week now and I have flared up on one side of my cheek and neck. Its still not bad bad, but worse than before.

I am wondering whether I should continue using Retin A 0.01% gel or attempt the CSR again, which I tried once for 6 weeks or so just using once a day. I have been told thast Retin A generally improve your skin tone etc, but the CSR has more good reviews and reputation.

Thanks for reading.

generally, topical retonoid break you out like BP does originally, but then clears you up.

i owuld stick with it for 3-4 weeks and if no imprvemnt is seen, go back or retry the CSR.

good luck :)

The Retin-A package insert says that improvements won't be seen until around week 6, so you should consider hanging in there since you are already this far along with it.

After a few months of use, if it isn't working for you, then you can consider the CSR.

The CSR is great for mild acne!