Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kawaiisan

Red & raw!

Hello,

I just started CSR 5 days ago and since yesterday the skin on my face is on fire! It's bright red and really raw. I used the cleanser and then a small amount of BP (like shown on the picture on the website) and some Eucerin face cream to moisturize about 15 minutes later, twice a day. Am I using too much? Is this reaction normal? If so, how are we supposed to have a social life (the redness is actually worse than the acne, I look like an alien!!)? It's like I have the worst sunburn!

Can s.o. tell me what's going on?

Thanks!!

Kawaiisan

Hello,

I just started CSR 5 days ago and since yesterday the skin on my face is on fire! It's bright red and really raw. I used the cleanser and then a small amount of BP (like shown on the picture on the website) and some Eucerin face cream to moisturize about 15 minutes later, twice a day. Am I using too much? Is this reaction normal? If so, how are we supposed to have a social life (the redness is actually worse than the acne, I look like an alien!!)? It's like I have the worst sunburn!

Thanks!!

Kawaiisan

A lot of people experiencing some kind of redness on the offset of the regimen...but try using a smaller amout BP than on the picture and also only do the regimen once a day in the beginning - you can clease and moisturize twice but only use BP once a day.

But hang in m8!

Edit: Some moisturizers makes some people red, so if the above wont help then try using another moisturizer.

just because dan has recommended that amount to use in the beginning, doesnt mean its going to be good for EVERYONE. You might just be one of those people who needs to start slower. So just start slow, and build up.

just because dan has recommended that amount to use in the beginning, doesnt mean its going to be good for EVERYONE. You might just be one of those people who needs to start slower. So just start slow, and build up.

Yes I guess you're right. I probably used too much.

Thanks for the reply.

K.

Hello,

Thanks!!

Kawaiisan

A lot of people experiencing some kind of redness on the offset of the regimen...but try using a smaller amout BP than on the picture and also only do the regimen once a day in the beginning - you can clease and moisturize twice but only use BP once a day.

But hang in m8!

Edit: Some moisturizers makes some people red, so if the above wont help then try using another moisturizer.

Hello,

Thanks!!

Kawaiisan

But hang in m8!

Yes, that's seems to be what everyone thinks, that I probably used too much. I'll stick to once a day at the beginning.

Thx for the support.

K.

Hello,

Thanks!!

Kawaiisan

i started csr about 1 1/2 weeks ago and i experienced the same thing. i used full dosage, moisturize a lot with eucerin renewal (i still have 2 new bottles) and my face was bright red, swollen (maybe), and peely. but now i am not that red or itchy. i broke out badly within the first 6 days, but now i'm pretty much clear. i have scars from the breakout, but overall my face looks better. i use about 1/2 of the bp dosage from before and i use glycolic wash every 2-3 days and tape exfoliation when needed i'm too flaky (this causes irritation, but i haven't broke out from this yet) hope this helps.

Yes, I guess i was using too much, too. What is tape exfolation, though?

Yup, it's normal. Lots of people are very sensitive to benzoyl peroxide which is why I recommend a tiny amount only once a day for the first week or so. You started at twice a day which was probably too fast. Regardless, you will likely experience some of this annoying redness even if you do once a day if you are someone who is sensitive. It is the well known "hardening effect" of benzoyl peroxide and fades in 2 weeks or so.