Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~TEPL0~

Dr. Loren Cordain talks about Paleo acne diet on major radio show

I'm glad he's getting it mainstream, though her diets mainly a no-grains low GI diet. But nothing wrong with that :)

I'm glad she's getting it mainstream, though her diets mainly a no-grains low GI diet. But nothing wrong with that :)

it's a dude

Teplo, if you have to bump something more then once, you can probably assume most people already saw it and didn't have much to say, or hell, didn't even care... no offense buddy just don't be so naive.

the most important thing cordain said was that igf binding protein 3 influences retinoic acid production.

More specifically, he says constant insulin spikes cause our bodys to be deficient in igf-bp3, this alters retinoic acid in some way, which in turn affects the ways our skin cells grow.

Accutane IS retinoic acid and can resume retinoic acid production in epthelial cells, which proves retinoic acids role in the role of acne.

his book says nothing about this.

Thank you so much for posting this.

This information has furthered my personal research into acne and supported my theory that acne is caused by a retinoic acid deficiency.

Check my older posts.

Which also inspires me to continue with my diet for AT LEAST six months.considering accutane treatments are usually 4-6 months that gives me an idea of how long it takes to correct this imbalance.

I've made some interesting observations with my acne diet studys on myself. When i follow my diet for a while my acne will improve, and when i start slipping up, it usually takes a while for me to break out real bad, but once i start to break out real bad , my acne becomes real sensitive to what i eat. Its like the longer i stay on the diet, the harder it is for the acne to return. so that coincides with the theory of some sort of slow forming deficiency is being corrected and can be brought back again with the triggering diet.

My humble thoughts and opinions.

Teplo, if you have to bump something more then once, you can probably assume most people already saw it and didn't have much to say, or hell, didn't even care... no offense buddy just don't be so naive.

I'm gonna keep bumping it forever, until it becomes a sticky. I think it's extremely important, and I don't really care if people answer or not. I want everyone to listen to it.

This isn't entertainment - it's education. Some kids in school are not interested in math or science education, but they're forced to learn it nevertheless.

the most important thing cordain said was that igf binding protein 3 influences retinoic acid production.

More specifically, he says constant insulin spikes cause our bodys to be deficient in igf-bp3, this alters retinoic acid in some way, which in turn affects the ways our skin cells grow.

Accutane IS retinoic acid and can resume retinoic acid production in epthelial cells, which proves retinoic acids role in the role of acne.

his book says nothing about this.

Thank you so much for posting this.

This information has furthered my personal research into acne and supported my theory that acne is caused by a retinoic acid deficiency.

Check my older posts.

Which also inspires me to continue with my diet for AT LEAST six months.considering accutane treatments are usually 4-6 months that gives me an idea of how long it takes to correct this imbalance.

I've made some interesting observations with my acne diet studys on myself. When i follow my diet for a while my acne will improve, and when i start slipping up, it usually takes a while for me to break out real bad, but once i start to break out real bad , my acne becomes real sensitive to what i eat. Its like the longer i stay on the diet, the harder it is for the acne to return. so that coincides with the theory of some sort of slow forming deficiency is being corrected and can be brought back again with the triggering diet.

My humble thoughts and opinions.

Yes, this is one of several ways through diet manipulation we can mimic certain abilities of Retinoids.

so... how about making this a sticky? Seems kind of an important break-through in the acne-diet connection

I burned it out and had my family listen to it!

It's important because this is "real" mainstream doctors talking about it in a scientific way.

A few people around here do; I did a search and came up with some results. I'd be interested in getting the book myself, but unfortunately their file unlocking thing doesn't work with Apple computers yet.

well, I don't know about that.. just buy it, it's cheap. I can't buy it because I use a Mac computer, but I'm guessing that it's just raw food, no grain, no potatoes, that sort of thing..

can someone on this forum be so kind as to buy the ebook and outline the main points?

p.s this should be pinned.

Doc doesn't really talk about the specifics of the diet on the radio show.

He keeps referring to the book for sale at http://www.dietaryacnecure.com/ for $19.95 That's a ton for a book that has no printing or distributing costs. If it works I'd be interested.

I guess he's saying that suger and a high glycemic diet is the culpret.