Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StephanieinHouston

Cyst on Upper Cheek..Eye Swollen Shut

Good Morning Everyone!

I am pretty new to this website so I just wanted to take the time to say "Hello"!

I have a little bit of a problem that has been going on for a couple of days.

About two days ago I began to develop a cyst about an inch under my right eye. As of today the cyst has not gotten any bigger (or smaller) but now my whole right eye is almost swollen shut, it almost fills like it is full of water. I have tried a warm and cold compress but still nothing. Has anyone ever experienced this before? My husband says it is because the cyst is so close to my eye but I don't know.

It is Saturday morning so going to a Derm. is out of the question until Monday. Help?!?! :wall:

Thanks!!

Stephanie

P.S.

A little background about me..I have dealed with acne for 10 years now. I get the occasional cystic acne app. 4-5 times a year. My current skin-care regimen is the following..

Face Wash: Dial Soap

Toner: Witch Hazel

Benzaclin Occasionally

Skin Type: Very oily, blackhead and white head prone.

i got no idea, but i do know that you shouldn't try to pop it or be a hero and do something about it. i say the cold compress was a pretty good idea so try that until you see the derm.

maybe post a picture?

I've never heard of anything like that. Um, maybe try taking ibuprofin to try and reduce the swelling. Other than that, you might just have to wait until monday :think:

At least you have your husband for support

I'm sure I've had cysts develope near my eyes like that at one time in my life and maybe made my eye look a little puffy but never closed shut. Don't squeeze it, or put pressure on it ,do what KC said and take ibuprofin. Let us know what happened. good luck.

You might want to see a DR. for an antibiotic. I got ne like that when I wa son accutane and I had to go to the Dr. He gave me a prescription for an antiobiotic (after belittling me because I was 25 on accutane and still getting cysts-what a prick), but I called my derm before I took and she said go ahead. Went down in 2 days!

It sounds really deep-I think you should go this route...get it gone. Mine never came back.

Definitely just leave it for the moment. The Derm may lance the cyst for you as it is near you eye and causing eye problems - although they may not if it's too close to your eye.

Good Evening Everyone.

I finally took some Advil and placed another cold compress on the area. The swelling has gone down a little bit but not very much. I have attached a picture for everyone to view. The area is not very flattering right now so please excuse it. :wub:

[attachmentid=5655]

post-45458-1156049817_thumb.jpg

post-45458-1156049817_thumb.jpg

You poor dear! That looks like it smarts! The fact that it's affecting your eye is VERY concerning to me. If it is a cyst, it is probably filling the entire upper quadrant of your face with fluid, if you feel it in your eye. But I'm almost inclined to think it's something other than a cyst if it's affecting you in that way. I think you're VERY wise to see a derm first thingMonday! Keep an "eye" on it this weekend :clap: har har...and if it worsens, you might even consider seeing a regular doctor before Monday. I don't mean to sound like an alarmist, but it is your eye after all.

GOOD LUCK!

I agree with royal. Your cyst doesn't look "bad" enough to be causing that much swelling in your eye. Have you been messing with it? My cysts usually drained DOWN and fluid rarely went that far away from the center (byt my lymph nodes would swell in my neck). It probably is just a plain old cyst, but I agree that you should request an emergency Derm appt on Monday and mention the eye a LOT (so they'll schedule you).

The ibuprofen, ice packs, and HANDS OFF is the only thing you can do right now. I know it's tough.

I got a huge nodule (hope it's not gonna be a cyst) on the tip of my nose yesterday. I'm so Rudolph right now, and I know that if I touch it, it gets worse. It's so hard!

Good luck and keep us posted. I bet you get antibiotics...

I HAD ONE OF THOSE 2 WEEKS AGO...ITS NOT A CYST RATHER A FLUID FILLED LESION.

GENERAL ANTIBIOTICS GET RID OF THEM!!!!

i would say that something like this, where your eye is almost swollen shut, would warrant an emergency visit to your doc/derm. good luck.

Is it possible you got something in your eye? I have had problems with a swollen eye, and finally figured out that I was getting BP ointment in it.