Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok some of you guys are right, having a good diet, will not only "help" your acne and health. I wouldnt exactly soley rely on this to get rid of your acne cmon I bet 80-90% of you, no matter how good you eat, your still gonna have acne.

No, for most I would assume it doesn't completely clear a person up. But for a good deal of people who use holistic approaches, I bet the results help so much that it makes dealing with the acne that is left alot easier.

Ok some of you guys are right, having a good diet, will not only "help" your acne and health. I wouldnt exactly soley rely on this to get rid of your acne cmon I bet 80-90% of you, no matter how good you eat, your still gonna have acne.

Just because a bad diet and lifestyle disturb all those body processes making the development of acne possible, it doesn't mean that diet, being the cause, can also be the cure

We all know that it's far easier to keep something clean daily than to clean it after years of dirt and that's is far easier to prevent daily than to cure an years-long chronic conditioning

But even if topical treatment maybe be needed to get rid of the chronic process, the correct diet will make sure that once defeated it won't come back and the unhealthy conditions necessary for acne development would be there anymore.

Correct diet though doesn't mean a specific strange-name best-selling diet but whatever keep all your physiological and hormonal processes undisturbed

Blood works is the best way to know what the diet is doing for you and I wouldn't rely on anecdotal evidences typical of best-selling nutrition books

no matter how good you eat,

the correct sentence would be "no matter how good you think you're eating"

... that's the gist of it

That's why you need to take a holistic approach. Good diet, daily exercise, and proper rest are all measures that will help, as well as a bit of sunlight exposure if you aren't on any harsh topical. This reverses insulin resistance, assuming the diet is relatively low GI and healthy. Somehow, someway, insomnia can lead to obesity and diabetes... don't ask me the exact science behind this but it remains true. One of the nice things about a good diet is if you eat proper (lots of gren veggies among other things) you're getting a good amount of magnesium in your diet, which can help anxiety/insomnia.

Oh yeah, and http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...=109298&hl=

If I don't use an AHA toner, my skin will get 'congested' (a few bumps that go away on their own) during PMS week, and a few blackheads, but I haven't had any acne since I stopped eating wheat.

In my case, however, there was a definite wheat allergy. My diet change had nothing to do with acne - that was a very pleasant side effect. Eating wheat causes me horrible bloating and extreme fatigue. It is also the likely cause of stunted growth (mom and I are both 4'10") and osteoporosis on my mother's side of the family.

Eating wheat causes me horrible bloating and extreme fatigue. It is also the likely cause of stunted growth (mom and I are both 4'10") ...........

Wow....someone on this board shorter then me!!!!! (I'm 4'11").........

My growth wasn't stunted. Some people are just not meant to be tall. My mom was 5"2" my sister is 5"3" but my grandmother, and great aunts were 4'10", 4'9" and 4'7"........Shortness for me is genetic......

Wow....someone on this board shorter then me!!!!! (I'm 4'11").........

My growth wasn't stunted. Some people are just not meant to be tall. My mom was 5"2" my sister is 5"3" but my grandmother, and great aunts were 4'10", 4'9" and 4'7"........Shortness for me is genetic......

Yes, you're genetically doomed to be the cutest little hing ever, LabGirl :wub:

I think alot of it depends on the persons body and how their body gets rid of toxins because there are many obese people without acne.

4'11 and 4'10 that is so tiny! I knew a girl who was that tiny actually she may have been 4'8 she was so incredibly small.

People with primordial dwarf syndrome are so so small. I was watching a show about it and this child who had it at the age of 2 was still only the size of her infant brother! She was to petite and actually weighed more than her lol. -- As if any of this relates to the subject lol

I think alot of it depends on the persons body and how their body gets rid of toxins because there are many obese people without acne.

4'11 and 4'10 that is so tiny! I knew a girl who was that tiny actually she may have been 4'8 she was so incredibly small.

People with primordial dwarf syndrome are so so small. I was watching a show about it and this child who had it at the age of 2 was still only the size of her infant brother! She was to petite and actually weighed more than her lol. -- As if any of this relates to the subject lol

I know it doesn't at all relate to the subject. I watched the same show a couple of months back. It was pretty sad though.