Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fry

The time issue...

Ok I've been on CSR for the last 5 months, and my skin has improved but I still constantly get breakouts. I do the regimen at about 8 am and at around midnight because I'm usually not able to get home before that and when I do get home early I'm knocked the fuck out as soon as I step in my room..so yeah. Is this the reason why I can't get clear? I have mild acne with the occasional cyst (weird skin type). And uhhh, I kind of miss an application like once every other week...:(

Oh and I use the CSR cleanser and gel, and just switched from the Cetaphil moisturizer to this:

IPB Image

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

well, i've never tried your new moisturizer... but i can tell you that the cetaphil one breaks a lot of people out (including me). i've read the new one you're trying has broken some people out, but others swear by it. so i guess it's really all trial and error. i'd say give this one a month or two, and if you're still breaking out, try another one.

one that seems to help me actually not break out is this:

IPB ImageClick for reviews ... or ... Click for website. This also comes in Unscented, and Peaches'n'Cream.

Oh, and I bought mine at Whole Foods ($10 for this large 16-oz. pump) -- because it's marketed as a "natural" product, you cannot buy it at most mainstream places.

the funny thing was, i was using this for like a month and doing pretty well, and then went back to my old Neutrogena Oil Free Sensitive for a couple of days... and out popped a few pimples! not a lot, but enough to tell me somethin' wasn't right about the switch.

in any case, this Kiss My Face one may not be quite as moisturizing as some of the others out there, but it's also not greasy at all, and not going to be as oily on your face. oh, and it has AHA in it. anyway, it's an option to try. :) good luck!

I doubt very many people are able to feasibly do it every 12 hours. Most days I do the CSR around 7am and then again at 10pm. Just do the best you can, and be sure you are using the full fat finger worth of bp. Sometimes people aren't using enough bp and that is why there isn't adequate clearing.

As for the moisturizer, I tried that one and it would not absorb. It just wanted to sit on my skin and look like white streaks. If you can get it to work, it should be fine, the ingredients are okay. But Dan tried it too and had the same awful results that I did. Unable to get it to 'disappear' and it isn't very moisturizing.

Brandy you're right. It caked up all on my face after using it and I had to rub off all the residue. I think I'll just use this one at night and use my Cetaphil in the morning. And yes I do use the full finger of BP. I'm gonna keep with the regimen anyway because I'm too scared to get off of it...and besides it's working to an extent.

clear dream, I'm gonna give that one a shot after trying my Eucerin-Cetaphil combo. Thanks.

clear dream, I'm gonna give that one a shot after trying my Eucerin-Cetaphil combo. Thanks.

cool... well, i hope your first shot works out, but if not, i hope the 2nd does! (also, remember it comes in unscented, if you'd like that option. and the unscented, unlike the vanilla that i use, is available in the smaller-sized tube.. around $4 or $5, i think.) best of luck. :)