Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
twred321

please read

Hello i am 15 years old, and have moderate acne. I am skinny, from North, my skin is sensitive (easily gets irritated and changes dry to oily often or vise versa), work out, barely eat any sugars (which might worsen my acne sometimes), my parents never had any acne as bad as this, and I live in Florida/tropics. My acne is mostly on cheecks and sometimes breaks out on the chin. I had acne for a long time, propably 3 years already and nothing that I have done really helped. At first I have done scubs, pads, proactiv, etc but it got worse so I have dropped products that harm and leave alot of redness on my skin. I had a dermatoligist for over a year, 2 gels and 2 different pills did not work, well they always work first then when it gets to 3rd week they stop working, but i continued using untill 12th week. When i found out that my dermatoligist doesnt know much about my type of acne, so I stopped visiting her. My skin has gotten smoother but still contains alot of redness and get often break outs. Now i dont even touch my face, scrub it, or over wash it.

Atm I use: Duac tropical gel at night, Cetaphil facial cleanser at morning and night (not bar), and eat alot of vitamins + fibers

I think my skin is immune to most of acne treatments. Anyone got any suggestions or complains about what I am doing is wrong?

Please reply, sorry that might be a little long. ;)

Hello i am 15 years old, and have moderate acne. I am skinny, from North, my skin is sensitive (easily gets irritated and changes dry to oily often or vise versa), work out, barely eat any sugars (which might worsen my acne sometimes), my parents never had any acne as bad as this, and I live in Florida/tropics. My acne is mostly on cheecks and sometimes breaks out on the chin. I had acne for a long time, propably 3 years already and nothing that I have done really helped. At first I have done scubs, pads, proactiv, etc but it got worse so I have dropped products that harm and leave alot of redness on my skin. I had a dermatoligist for over a year, 2 gels and 2 different pills did not work, well they always work first then when it gets to 3rd week they stop working, but i continued using untill 12th week. When i found out that my dermatoligist doesnt know much about my type of acne, so I stopped visiting her. My skin has gotten smoother but still contains alot of redness and get often break outs. Now i dont even touch my face, scrub it, or over wash it.

Atm I use: Duac tropical gel at night, Cetaphil facial cleanser at morning and night (not bar), and eat alot of vitamins + fibers

I think my skin is immune to most of acne treatments. Anyone got any suggestions or complains about what I am doing is wrong?

Please reply, sorry that might be a little long. ;)

accutane seems to be the answer. i also became resistant to two pills and the gels can't help my cysts so im on accutane. go to a good experienced dermatologist, just find one, don't try to figure it out by yourself.

Ok i might do that, but last couple of days i am experimenting on doing nothing but washing face 2 times a day, it kinda helps get rid of redness atm

My sisters friend that had visited me in europe showed us pictures from the acne he used to have and it sounds like yours. My sisters friend then told us he uses accutane and his skin is CLEAR! I was so suprised. I wanted to go on it myself..but i don't have that bad of acne so yeah.

I am reading about accutane and there is like a page of side effect, including ALOT of mental problems, but I will take into consideration. Btw it is very strange that my brother had mild acne and done absolutely nothing, not even wash his face and it went away.

I am reading about accutane and there is like a page of side effect, including ALOT of mental problems, but I will take into consideration. Btw it is very strange that my brother had mild acne and done absolutely nothing, not even wash his face and it went away.

uhm well i honestly don't believe in half of the metal side-effects. i think that all of them are CAUSED BY ACNE, NOT ACCUTANE, because lets face it: only people who have really bad acne go on accutane and acne is... iuno socially disabilitating (aha i sound so smart :angel: ) and makes you crazy at times. most of the side effects are directed only toward women however. the big ones that are for everybody is the state of your liver while you're on the medication (this is watched over carefully by blood tests you gotta take everymonth), high cholesterol (which shouldn't be too much of a problem since we're both so young LOL) and the chapped lips/sore muscles and joints.

they normally start you off at a very very low dose and bring you up slowly so that they can monitor how you respond to the medication side-effect-wise. the only side effect i got is the chapped lips which im begining to find out EVERYONE suffers from pretty much. make sure you tell your dermatologist that you have already been on antibiotics (the pills) and topicals and haven't helped you.

good luck to you and don't be scared of accutane; like you can die from taking an asprin, you can react negatively to it and it'l cause internal bleeding<--- what my doctor told my mom when he was convincing her to put me on accutane. every medication has its perks, you just gotta weigh the harms and the benefits.

good luck :cool: .

ps. since you live in the states im guessing its going to be a bitch for you to go on it. they're pretty loose with it in canada compared to down there.

I have read SmashPumpkin's post about Apple Cider Vinegar and I think that stuff should help, since I got more redness than acne itself. Thanks for tips thro!