Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MyMoni

Proactiv

Hey everyone, Im new here and i wanted to know if anyone uses Proactiv?, If so how well has it worked for you?

Hey everyone, Im new here and i wanted to know if anyone uses Proactiv?, If so how well has it worked for you?

some people: amazing results

some people: worsening results (me) <--- usually people with sensitive skin.

either way try it out for a month, BUT you definatly will get dry... very.. very.. dry.

Well it never really worked for me. Just made my skin sooo dry. I would recomend not doing it twice a day when you first start out. And also use tooons of face lotion.

I used the whole Proactive system for awhile and it worked well when I was using it properly. I used to just put the cleanser on my face for a little while and wash it off.. but once I started massaging the cleanser for 1 minute like it says.. it cleared up my skin completely. The mask works very well for killing acne pimples overnight if you apply it directly to the pimple, because of the sulfur in it. I have oily skin, and didn't experience any drying from Proactiv, I just couldnt keep up with paying that much every month.. so I stopped using it, and I just use a drug store scrub cleanser and mostrizer.. with the proactiv sulfur mask for any breakouts.

I used Proactiv for about 8 months and it only worsened my skin. Recently I ordered the CSR 2.5% BP gel, and the only 2.5% BP solution I had at home to use to tide me over until I got the CSR stuff was the Proactiv stuff (Dan mentioned on this website that you should probably just keep that stuff and use it since it is also a 2.5% BP solution). Well, although my skin seems okay, I was EXTREMEMLY scared to use it because of the horrible results I got with Proactiv. I was so disappointed with that stuff. Now, on the CSR, my skin has never looked better and I feel great! Most reviews I've read on this message board about Proactiv have talked about how the products dried out their skin. I actually found that they made mine too oily. I think it was actually drying out my skin to such an extreme extent that my face was overcompensating by producing mass amounts of oil. I don't know if that actually happens, but I'll tell you, my face was like an oil slick. I know that the product has worked for some people though, so it's worth a 60 trial run (considering that have a money back guarentee if you don't like it). Good luck!

Proactiv works because it is made up of benzoyl peroxide but in my case, it wasn't enough to clear me completely. Also, there isn't enough moisturizer since the moisturizer and bp is combined as one. In the end, I got not so clear red and dry skin. Not to mention it's also expensive.

My advice, use Dan's BP gel and get a decent moisturizer.