Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mochajavamama

Increased Triglyceride Levels on Accutane

Hello,

I had my 30 day checkup yesterday, and was told my HDL & LDL levels were fine, but my triglycerides were too high...402 to be exact! The doctor didn't tell me to fast before my blood test, so I didn't. He said he'd keep me on the Accutane and monitor my triglycerides. I have started taking Omega 3. Any other recs for helping to lower my levels?

Thanks for listening.

1. FAST 12 hours before the test.

2. Eat healthy food. (don't drink or drink just a little alcohol)

3. continue to take omega3 2g/day (good to take with accutane anyway as tane binds on lipid for absorbtion)

4. milk thistle, some say it work... some tests suggest that it doesn't.

5. if it continues to be high, ask for trigliceride lowering drug like zocor (generic: simvastatin)

http://www.liverfoundation.org/db/articles/1021

regarding 6/7/8, a lot of ppl also don't use anti-perspirant as it contain aluminum chlorohydrate.

Hello,

I had my 30 day checkup yesterday, and was told my HDL & LDL levels were fine, but my triglycerides were too high...402 to be exact! The doctor didn't tell me to fast before my blood test, so I didn't. He said he'd keep me on the Accutane and monitor my triglycerides. I have started taking Omega 3. Any other recs for helping to lower my levels?

Thanks for listening.

Um......if you didn't fast, your triglyceride results are high most likely because you ate something.......Try to eat healthy and go for monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats.......and stay away from saturated fats.......Omega-3's help.....take them because they are good for you in general, and next time you get your bloodwork done, don't eat for 12 hours before the test (that includes the Omega-3's).........it will make a huge difference.....