Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
User24582

What would you like to see in a health website?

I'm looking for suggestions on what people would like to see on a health website. I'm redoing my site (Healthoid.com) and thinking about turning it into a community health site. The tagline would be:

"A health enthusiast community"

It would be a place where all of us who are obsessed with healthy eating could obsess together :). I would probably upgrade the forum software and even have a feature so any user can start their own health journal on the site.

I already removed the advertisements because they were selling products of questionable value...

If anyone is interested in a website like this and you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,

HealthDude / Jesse

I'm looking for suggestions on what people would like to see on a health website. I'm redoing my site (Healthoid.com) and thinking about turning it into a community health site. The tagline would be:

"A health enthusiast community"

It would be a place where all of us who are obsessed with healthy eating could obsess together :). I would probably upgrade the forum software and even have a feature so any user can start their own health journal on the site.

I already removed the advertisements because they were selling products of questionable value...

If anyone is interested in a website like this and you have any ideas, let me know.

Thanks,

HealthDude / Jesse

I'd like to see a health website which has an holistic approach

It's true that there are lot of sites about health there but they're all compartmented so you have the forum for headache, the forum for skin, the forum for stomach and digestion, the forum for teeth, the forum for children nutrition and they often implies that lifestyles changes and conscious dietary choices can't do much for your health and especially they can do nothing for all those ailments we consider a normal part of life like drowsiness, heartburn, headache, decays, fatigue and that eventually what "really" works is drugs

So I'd like to see a website that stands by its description "A health enthusiast community"

An health enthusiast is to me someone who sees health as an holistic condition with often a single root for everything related to it and who acknowledge that whatever we experience or consider a normal part of life is caused by our choices and habits and that changing those habits and choices can make a HUGE different in your life, deep wellness and longevity

I want a place where I can say that dietary and lifestyle choices make the difference between spending 10 hours studying chapters of a book to prepare for a school exam while gulping down ton of coffee to stay awake enduring terrible headaches and having to read the same things over and over because you can't remember what you read, and being able to spend just 1 to 2 hours having not need to poison your body with opioid substances and remembering (and understanding) everything you read just once ...

... I'm sure you get the point Jesse

I think a recipe section that is sorted into different categories based on different diets.

For example, vegetarian, vegan, non-gluten diets, etc. The hardest thing for me right now is finding really yummy recipes that are like normal foods, but incorporate things like rice flour instead of wheat flour.

I'd like to see a health website which has an holistic approach

It's true that there are lot of sites about health there but they're all compartmented so you have the forum for headache, the forum for skin, the forum for stomach and digestion, the forum for teeth, the forum for children nutrition and they often implies that lifestyles changes and conscious dietary choices can't do much for your health and especially they can do nothing for all those ailments we consider a normal part of life like drowsiness, heartburn, headache, decays, fatigue and that eventually what "really" works is drugs

So I'd like to see a website that stands by its description "A health enthusiast community"

An health enthusiast is to me someone who sees health as an holistic condition with often a single root for everything related to it and who acknowledge that whatever we experience or consider a normal part of life is caused by our choices and habits and that changing those habits and choices can make a HUGE different in your life, deep wellness and longevity

I want a place where I can say that dietary and lifestyle choices make the difference between spending 10 hours studying chapters of a book to prepare for a school exam while gulping down ton of coffee to stay awake enduring terrible headaches and having to read the same things over and over because you can't remember what you read, and being able to spend just 1 to 2 hours having not need to poison your body with opioid substances and remembering (and understanding) everything you read just once ...

... I'm sure you get the point Jesse

Thanks Danny. This website will definitely be about REAL HEALING and not symptom removal. It will be about improving your overall health so that your body has the ability to combat any disease condition on its own.

I think a recipe section that is sorted into different categories based on different diets.

For example, vegetarian, vegan, non-gluten diets, etc. The hardest thing for me right now is finding really yummy recipes that are like normal foods, but incorporate things like rice flour instead of wheat flour.

A recipe section would be something to consider. If I went that route, I would definitely have the recipes labeled by the specific metabolic types they are best for.

I'd like to see a health website that covers absolutely everything, no matter how fringe, mainstream, out-there or popular, and presents it without slant on any one side. A bit of an impossibility, but it'd be nice to see. Oh yeah, a huge recipe database would be great too.

I'd like to see a health website that covers absolutely everything, no matter how fringe, mainstream, out-there or popular, and presents it without slant on any one side. A bit of an impossibility, but it'd be nice to see. Oh yeah, a huge recipe database would be great too.

That would be nice :). I would have to hire every single doctor in the world to help me make it :lol:

Guest Stu :-)

Yeh what Pixchix said. Im slowly finding new recipes to make, but essentially i need to find a bread replacement!!!

Diet ideas/recipes would go down well...