Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have no idea if this is where a newbie would introduce oneself, but hello. My name's Rob and I'm 20. I've had acne since probably about 5th grade or so (occasional pimple). It got really bad (little clusters of pimples on every area of the face/neck) once I hit junior high. At the end of 8th grade I was prescribed benzamycin and retin-A gel. Nothing really happened. In my freshman year of high school I had constant breakouts on the sides of my head (next to the ears). I got scars from there that took till about now to fade.

In my junior year of high school I visited an actual dermatologist (my first prescription came from my general care physician) and he changed my prescriptions. I then began in on using TRIAZ bp cleanser, benzaclin, and differen. This did nothing till probably about the end of my senior year of high school, in which I miraculously had a near complete clear up for about a summer. Then in late August, it returned. I have gone through a year off and a first year of college with it, having a short fling with Proactiv. Bad idea. It did nothing for me and then I broke out worse when I stopped using it.

I'm now currently using Clean&Clear continuous control acne cleanser, Neutrogena on the spot (almost out!), and Clean & Clear Dual-Action Moisturizer (the one with salycidic acid in it). I am better than when I was on Proactiv, but not quite to the point of that one golden summer. Basically, I have a minimal amount of actual pimples and a good deal of red marks and a few divits. To be honest, the little "scars" wouldn't bother me if they weren't pigmented (I have seen close ups of stars on the big screen and everyone has them). I am hoping to replace this currently running out tube of Neutrogena on the spot with Dan's BP gel. I'm also hoping for some way to get those red spots to settle down a bit.

To wrap up my novella (I realize I am very wordy), I'm very thankful that a site like this exists because I can come on here and vent. My family shrugs me off and I wish not to talk about my friends about this because in some sort of ridiculous way I think that if I don't point it out to them then maybe they won't see it. I've had a lot of self-esteem issues throughout the years (I'll probably post that in the psychological forum or something). Anyway, here's some recent photos of me. The red marks aren't really visible because the pictures were sort of far away and I just tried to blow them up to focus on my face. Cheers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hey there! :wavey:

Welcome to Acne.org and hope you'll finf whatever info you'll need around here.

And by the way, your face looks really good. Seems the regimen you're on has some results. Your acne type is not so bad so I'm sure it will clear up in no time. ;)

-->Ana<--

Hey there! :wavey:

Welcome to Acne.org and hope you'll finf whatever info you'll need around here.

And by the way, your face looks really good. Seems the regimen you're on has some results. Your acne type is not so bad so I'm sure it will clear up in no time. ;)

-->Ana<--

Haha, those photos were actually very kind to me. The red marks have actually gotten worse around the side/bottom of my lips/chin, and I've had a few pimples there since.

Also, does anyone know if it is typical procedure for a pimple to start as a red bump, then turn into a red bump with a little white head on it, then dry up, then turn into a red mark, stay for a few weeks/months, then go? I don't know if the whitehead phase is normal or not.

edit: also, I've only been on that regimen for like a week and a half, hopefully the true results are coming

Haha, those photos were actually very kind to me. The red marks have actually gotten worse around the side/bottom of my lips/chin, and I've had a few pimples there since.

Also, does anyone know if it is typical procedure for a pimple to start as a red bump, then turn into a red bump with a little white head on it, then dry up, then turn into a red mark, stay for a few weeks/months, then go? I don't know if the whitehead phase is normal or not.

edit: also, I've only been on that regimen for like a week and a half, hopefully the true results are coming

Yep i get those kind of pimples from time to time so I guess it's pretty normal. I've just "exterminated" one of them and now it's healing up pretty nice thank God.

Just keep up with the regimen and you will most likely see the results.

Yep i get those kind of pimples from time to time so I guess it's pretty normal. I've just "exterminated" one of them and now it's healing up pretty nice thank God.

Just keep up with the regimen and you will most likely see the results.

Oh, should I 'exterminate' them or just let them run their course? I thought the red marks had more of a chance of becoming permanent if you popped the suckers?

Oh, should I 'exterminate' them or just let them run their course? I thought the red marks had more of a chance of becoming permanent if you popped the suckers?

I think it's best if you let them as they are. Less chace of scarring and red marks afterwards. I pop them cause I can't help it. I just can't let thme sit there with the whitehead and all. If I didn't have to get out of the house I would probably let them be but since I do get out, I can't stand seeing them there (no makeup can hide them).

I think it's best if you let them as they are. Less chace of scarring and red marks afterwards. I pop them cause I can't help it. I just can't let thme sit there with the whitehead and all. If I didn't have to get out of the house I would probably let them be but since I do get out, I can't stand seeing them there (no makeup can hide them).

Yeah, I get out to. I just end up putting enough Neutrogena on the spot that they end up drying up over the whiteheads and look like my skintone (if done correctly)

edit: sorry if that sounded pompous, I just wanted to make sure everyone knew I wasn't a hermit