Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
applepie07

clogged pores and yasmin

Hi, I'm at my whits end about what to do about my skin. I have non inflammatory acne, characterized by oilyness, a shiny forhead with very tiny bumps only visible up close, a nose full of blackheads, and a chin full of blackheads that always looks inflamed. I've just started using a very mild retinoid for my chin, but I'm wondering if Yasmin could help. I know it's an anti-androgen, but I've heard of people getting less inflammatory acne and more clogged pores and tiny bumps from it. I've also heard from others that it really reduces oil. I've also heard of people getting a really bad initial breakout from it and I'm scared to try it cause I'm just starting college. Has Yasmin worked well for people with clogged pores and blackheads, or is it mainly good inflammatory acne?

Yasmin didn't do that much for my acne.

I think it's not so much if it works on clogged pores, but it depends on whether or not your acne is primarily hormonal. If it's mainly due to bacteria, Yasmin won't do much of anything. If your acne is solely due to hormone issues, Yasmin may be the answer.

Yasmin didn't do that much for my acne.

I think it's not so much if it works on clogged pores, but it depends on whether or not your acne is primarily hormonal. If it's mainly due to bacteria, Yasmin won't do much of anything. If your acne is solely due to hormone issues, Yasmin may be the answer.

Did you get any initial breakouts from using it?