Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
santacruz

Remove the postcount

I think you should remove the text that says how many posts a member has, it leads to unnecessary spamming and people posting just to raise their postcount(some people apperently think it's "cool" to have a high postcount, the counter can lead to useless threads such as this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=111323 , there are however plenty more to choice from in the lounge). This is a well known problem among many forums and I think it's a problem here too. Another way to solve this is to prevent forums posted in off-topic forums to be counted as posts that add to your postcount. This could however lead to people spamming other forums so best would be to remove it all together. In the current state the lounge is there is people posting one word posts etc, imo if your gonna post things like that you can either take it to a chat room or IM/PM.

I think you should remove the text that says how many posts a member has, it leads to unnecessary spamming and people posting just to raise their postcount(some people apperently think it's "cool" to have a high postcount, the counter can lead to useless threads such as this http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=111323 , there are however plenty more to choice from in the lounge). This is a well known problem among many forums and I think it's a problem here too. Another way to solve this is to prevent forums posted in off-topic forums to be counted as posts that add to your postcount. This could however lead to people spamming other forums so best would be to remove it all together. In the current state the lounge is there is people posting one word posts etc, imo if your gonna post things like that you can either take it to a chat room or IM/PM.

I agree its a problem, but i like the post count.

haha if ppl want to waste their time here posting useless shit and reply to thrreads with no helpful input more power to them they need some way to past the day

That post was in The Lounge and nothing is off-topic in the Lounge

If someone wants to make a thread about his/her own high postcount so be it

I don't understand what's the deal with people who are always critizing others and want to live in a dictatorship of boring and humaless order and comparted existence

As someone once said "Off-topic is good, it's harmless, it's mostly non-contentious, and if you

don't like it, just ignore the thread" and I add: "it's the only thing that makes internet more human"

We should all learn to take ourselves less seriously ...

btw: God bless MelbourneBloke !!!

Guest nec77

lol I agree with Chris.. besides.. I'm reaching 4000 posts :(

In a month ill be past u :P

you post too much :|

riight, you said that in May! :lol:

I know :wall::| damn addiction! :P

Guest nec77

run around in circles

run around in circles

I should :lol:

Guest nec77

run around in circles

I should :lol:

im going to quote this again

if there are threads that are offensive etc then we will remove.

if its just crap.

well thats all the lounge is.... lots of threads about absolutely nothing apart from observations and other stuff.

but hey its cool in my eyes, aslong as it doesnt offend people i say knock yourself out.

You complain too much

Guest yoyoma

You complain too much

:lol:

:shock: you use my post as an example?! :shock::hand::snooty:

It's not the forum's fault for the post count. Why take away the post count? It's useful, that's like banning the knife.

It's not the forum's fault for the post count. Why take away the post count? It's useful, that's like banning the knife.

Because we have retards spamming the board with useless crap because they wish to have a higher post count. Having post count displayed here is useless.

That post was in The Lounge and nothing is off-topic in the Lounge

If someone wants to make a thread about his/her own high postcount so be it

I don't understand what's the deal with people who are always critizing others and want to live in a dictatorship of boring and humaless order and comparted existence

As someone once said "Off-topic is good, it's harmless, it's mostly non-contentious, and if you

don't like it, just ignore the thread" and I add: "it's the only thing that makes internet more human"

We should all learn to take ourselves less seriously ...

btw: God bless MelbourneBloke !!!

Well when I go to a forum I don't wanna read 100 posts to find 1 useful. If you wanna post crap why not do it somewhere else, such as in the dump directly or on a IRC-channel. When people post crap it makes the threads which are actually interesting to read and contain some worthwhile information drop down and harder to find. But if you like spam, give me your email adress and I can arrange some for you.

If you don't want to read useless crap, then don't go in the lounge! It exists to shunt the off topic crap out of the on topic forums, so if you don't want to read that stuff, then stay out of there. I've never seen anyone post-padding in the acne forums. If they want to post-pad in the lounge who cares.

Guest buttonit

avoid the lounge and stay in the area that pertains to you.

Guest Michael Jackson

I am the coolest person in this thread

Guest buttonit

i strongly disagree.

Guest Michael Jackson

i strongly disagree.

My post count > yours

I am right

Guest chipmunk_spunk

Post count is like a penis. It can be too big.