Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

okay, i was thinking last night about my skin! I was thinking that the only thing that truly bothers me is the friggin red marks and scars that are left behind. its so disheartening coz i never pick my skin or anything, yet im left with ugly marks on my skin (see gallery for proof)! It wouldnt be so baad if i had a few spots here and there but without the redness and everything. A few spots i could live with although id prefer a face without them lol! But i guess, i just gotta be positive and accept my skin for how it is! Sorry...maybe pointless post but i just had to say it to let out my anger!

okay, i was thinking last night about my skin! I was thinking that the only thing that truly bothers me is the friggin red marks and scars that are left behind. its so disheartening coz i never pick my skin or anything, yet im left with ugly marks on my skin (see gallery for proof)! It wouldnt be so baad if i had a few spots here and there but without the redness and everything. A few spots i could live with although id prefer a face without them lol! But i guess, i just gotta be positive and accept my skin for how it is! Sorry...maybe pointless post but i just had to say it to let out my anger!

I comepletely understand what you're saying. Thats exactly how i feel, i couldnt have said it better myself! I dont pick at mine either but they leave these dark spots and they dotn seem to go away =( I wouldnt mind just getting a few pimples now and then, but i hate having clear skin and still having to cover up the remarks. Wouldnt it be nice to not wear makeup?

thnx for your reply!!!! OMG-yes that would be great not to have to wear makeup! I hate wearing foundation and concealer coz im not brave enough to go out without it. i respect all those people who do have acne and feel that they can go out without convering it up with makeup lol! But, totally, it would be great to just leave the house with no makeup on excelt mascara and a bit of blusher. id be a happy girl!

ugh-these dark spots are soo annoying arent they? do u know why we get left with the marks? its sooo anooying. i have 2 prominent marks on my cheek, althought they r kinda fading, i just dont know whay i have them! acne sucks!

btw, in your pictures, you look like u have a lovely complexion!

Guest TylerD

Ye just be posotive. I have fuckin pores, and red marks and all that crap and ya it pisses me off. But just look at the things you do have. In my case a good family, friends, girlfriend, good life, Im awesome :) . Now look at you, judging from your pics, your pretty, bet you got a good family, you look like you have nice friends etc... :) Its hard sometimes to think about all the good stuff in life when you think about the negative. Such as acne GRRRRR.... but none the less your pretty :wub: so dont stress.

Thanxx TylerD! your right, theres more things to life to be thankful for. and yeah i have a great family and the best bunch of friends i could ever ask for. dont know what id do without those people. i just gota stay positive. i think im having a bit of a better day 2day-my mum just told me that my skin is looking calmer! thats always good to hear lol! If i had powers, id wipe out all acne! its sucks! lol

Guest TylerD

Thanxx TylerD! your right, theres more things to life to be thankful for. and yeah i have a great family and the best bunch of friends i could ever ask for. dont know what id do without those people. i just gota stay positive. i think im having a bit of a better day 2day-my mum just told me that my skin is looking calmer! thats always good to hear lol! If i had powers, id wipe out all acne! its sucks! lol

Aaaaaamen sister.... By the way what time is it where you live lol wow. Here its 3:00 am and Im going to bed now haha.

OOOOh BTW: Nothing wrong with wearing makeup. I wear it every day YEEEEEEEEEEEEA for makeup. Ok good night

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Red marks and scars can be drastically improved, especially the types you have. Don't get yourself down about something that with a bit of effort will be healed very nicely.

If we put this into perspective, there is so much more to look forward to in our futures. You're still an attractive girl, and personality counts for alot!

Feel the same way about the marks. I wish they'd just go away and leave me along. I mean we've all suffered enough with the ACTUAL pimples... but after they're gone we still have to deal with the mess they leave behind.

I don't put makeup on though. Even if I did cover them up, they'd still be there underneath and that thought alone is enough to bug me all day. Like then I'd have to be careful about not putting my face in my hands or lie it on my arms so that the makeup won't rub off.

I'd rather just pretend they aren't there. It's a little hard at times, but when you're around friends and distracted it's alright. That and avoiding public bathroom mirrors...

Feel the same way about the marks. I wish they'd just go away and leave me along. I mean we've all suffered enough with the ACTUAL pimples... but after they're gone we still have to deal with the mess they leave behind.

I don't put makeup on though. Even if I did cover them up, they'd still be there underneath and that thought alone is enough to bug me all day. Like then I'd have to be careful about not putting my face in my hands or lie it on my arms so that the makeup won't rub off.

I'd rather just pretend they aren't there. It's a little hard at times, but when you're around friends and distracted it's alright. That and avoiding public bathroom mirrors...

I've always tried doing that, distracting myself but then i only have to look at my friends lovely clear skin and remember how bad mine must be! I have more hyperpigmentation marks than actual spots which pees me off because the marks take ages to fade! Looking back on how my face used to be i'm kicking myself for not doing more with my life because now that i want to do things i always judge it on how well my face is and whether i could show my face. I wear makeup everyday, otherwise i can't bring myelf to go out. Even if the makeup doesn't cover the marks properly i still put it on because it makes me feel a little less paranoid that people are staring at my acne.

I've always tried doing that, distracting myself but then i only have to look at my friends lovely clear skin and remember how bad mine must be! I have more hyperpigmentation marks than actual spots which pees me off because the marks take ages to fade! Looking back on how my face used to be i'm kicking myself for not doing more with my life because now that i want to do things i always judge it on how well my face is and whether i could show my face. I wear makeup everyday, otherwise i can't bring myelf to go out. Even if the makeup doesn't cover the marks properly i still put it on because it makes me feel a little less paranoid that people are staring at my acne.

Hey Laura! How ya doing? Judging from your pics your acne really doesn't look that bad, although i know how hard it is to believe how good your skin is when someone compliments on it when you've gotten used to having bad skin for so long!

Hey Laura! How ya doing? Judging from your pics your acne really doesn't look that bad, although i know how hard it is to believe how good your skin is when someone compliments on it when you've gotten used to having bad skin for so long!

im ok thanks, what about you?

yeah thats me exactly---sometimes when people compliment me, i wonder if they do mean it, but i guess thats paranoia and insecurities lol! thanx for your nice comment by the way!

I agree with one of the previous posters, you are indeed very pretty, so the harshness of acne is seriously diluted because you're general attractiveness overshines it.

I agree with your post though. The other main thing that bothers me the most is the PAIN of acne. The actual physical pain. I have inflamatory acne and it always hurts SO MUCH! Grr. hehe. :razz:

thanks lucinda! i also hate the pain of acne-mine hurts most in the morning when i wake up. i probably irritate my skin during the night! yesterday my skiin was quite sore, but today ive left the make up off and its not sore! lol

I've never had really sore inflamatory acne but i can always feel when another spot is about to pop up. Its kinda disheartening knowing that in a few hours there will be another spot to get rid of! And i'm doing okay ta laura! :dance:

thanks lucinda! i also hate the pain of acne-mine hurts most in the morning when i wake up. i probably irritate my skin during the night! yesterday my skiin was quite sore, but today ive left the make up off and its not sore! lol

Yeah, my skin hurts all the time which is the thing that really gets me down.

I put my makeup on really quickly today and didnt realise how dry my skin is - it looks AWFUL!

When I get home from work i'm going to wash my face, apply moisturizer and put my make-up back on - I'm going to a house party tonight... eeek. I really don't want to, not with my skin looking so bad... but i'm going to go anyway. Not letting acne win! hehe.

Yeah, my skin hurts all the time which is the thing that really gets me down.

I put my makeup on really quickly today and didnt realise how dry my skin is - it looks AWFUL!

When I get home from work i'm going to wash my face, apply moisturizer and put my make-up back on - I'm going to a house party tonight... eeek. I really don't want to, not with my skin looking so bad... but i'm going to go anyway. Not letting acne win! hehe.

good for you lucinda, not letting acne get in the way of you having fun! Just forget about your skin and have a god time. i sometimes avoid leaving the house coz of my skin, but by reading posts on here, its made me realise im not alone!

Yeah, a lot of the time I put off going to the supermarket cause on my bad days. I mean it really shouldn't matter cause it's JUST a supermarket and not like people will be paying attention but I just feel so self conscious.

And I hate the painful ones too. Does anyone else's pimples sometimes throb? LIke it has it's own pulse or something? I hate it when it does that cause it's like a constant reminder that it's there. And the ones near your lips cause whenever I eat or speak I can feel it.

Do people avoid cameras? I hate getting my photo taken... I mean I was always camera shy but I swear the acne has made it worse. It's like I don't want evidence of my crappy skin to be all over an album.