Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have tons of noninflamed cysts on my face right now ... and there in my t-zone and in between/on my eyebrows mostly .. it really is starting to get to me they look black and blue and if you ran your finger across them they would feel like little lumps .... Does anyone know what Accutane would do to these .... Make them inflamed or dry them out underneath my skin ? Any comments and or info is helpful

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow
:think: Non-inflamed cyst. All the cysts i've ever had are cysts as a result of being damn inflamed.

:think: Non-inflamed cyst. All the cysts i've ever had are cysts as a result of being damn inflamed.

yeah the thing is they were all inflamed at one point now there either dead "lumps" in my skin or I got an injection and there still there just not inflamed

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

yeah the thing is they were all inflamed at one point now there either dead "lumps" in my skin or I got an injection and there still there just not inflamed

Oh yeah, i know what you mean. I find that my Retinols or AHA's get through stuff like that.

But i have also heard of people getting Cortisone injection in them again to break down the remainder. It always baffled me though, because i assumed Cortisone only took out inflammation, which would make it useless to get another injection into a non-inflamed lesion. :think:

Perhaps you might consider using some AHA's or a Retinol to get rid of them?

Oh yeah, i know what you mean. I find that my Retinols or AHA's get through stuff like that.

But i have also heard of people getting Cortisone injection in them again to break down the remainder. It always baffled me though, because i assumed Cortisone only took out inflammation, which would make it useless to get another injection into a non-inflamed lesion. :think:

Perhaps you might consider using some AHA's or a Retinol to get rid of them?

im not quite sure what are retinols or AHA's ?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Retinols are Vitamin A derivitives. They're what's known as tretinoins.

"Retinol’s effectiveness is due to the fact that skin has receptors for retinoic acid. These receptors are located on the outer membrane of cells and called retinoic acid receptors (RAR). Retinoic acid stimulates cellular replication and differentiation, assisting cells to be healthy and function as they should."

AHA refers to the term Alpha Hydroxy Acids. They are a group of acids which are water soluble, and can be used to help improve skin tone, complexion, acne etc. by helping bind water to the skin and speeding up cell turnover.

Retinols are Vitamin A derivitives. They're what's known as tretinoins.

"Retinol’s effectiveness is due to the fact that skin has receptors for retinoic acid. These receptors are located on the outer membrane of cells and called retinoic acid receptors (RAR). Retinoic acid stimulates cellular replication and differentiation, assisting cells to be healthy and function as they should."

AHA refers to the term Alpha Hydroxy Acids. They are a group of acids which are water soluble, and can be used to help improve skin tone, complexion, acne etc. by helping bind water to the skin and speeding up cell turnover.

so they are creams right ?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Yes, they're topically applied. They come in varying forms in terms of creams, gels, serums etc..