Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ketchupcraze

Want to make a difference... please help

So here's the deal

I started the CSR about 1 year and a half ago. It's the best thing I could have ever done in my life. I have been acne free since then. But.... Now. When I work, and walk around the street, and live my everyday life, I see people with acne. Like really bad cases and I feel like I want to help them.

I really feel the need to spread the word of this wonderful regimen out there! So I was wondering if there's anything I could do to help spread the word?

There was a customer who's picture's I developed, and his son has really bad acne, and I discretely recommended this site to him and he took it with joy. Hopefully they take advantage of my advice and use it.

Can you guys think of a way to spread the word about dan's product out there? I have thought about going up to people who have acne and suggesting it to them, but I don't want to appear intrusive or rude.

So please, someone help me think of something to advertise locally!

Thanks a bunch

Mich

It's very nice of you Mich to want to help others. It sounds like you have a great heart.

I would definitely not recommend walking up to people and just telling them about the regimen because as you know acne is a very sensitive subject for most individuals. Many would feel offended unfortunately just because of the stigma associated with having acne.

Maybe pm Dan and see what his suggestions are since he probably dealt with a similar situation. I would definitely tell the people you know pretty good though and tell them to tell others they know well. Even telling someone you know pretty well can sometimes be difficult, so just make it polite and definitely start off with your own story so they can see you actually sympathize with them.

"People might not care about their acne until someone comes up and tells them how to get rid of it." - I totally agree that one shouldn’t make others conform to societies 'general' beauty ideals. I mean if you don’t care about having acne, then good for you! However, if one does care recommending a plan could be nice to do.

I have a theory: I think most people taking preventative methods to remove acne such as the CSR are suffering from acne dysmorphic disorder since they dislike the way they look even if it is due to the way other look at them. Not that im saying there is anything 'wrong' in having this disorder but they are vain. I mean caring about one's appearance takes time which could be used for more productive things. I mean nobody dies from having acne, but one may die from the psychological effects of a non accepting society.

So to conclude…What should one do? Like I would know of all people, but I say that one should try to maximize ones life quality with minimum cost. I personally feel that BP has helped me enjoy life more, but I dislike the way I have to look 'good' in order to be happy. So back to the topic. I think one should determine how one is to make a difference based on the impression one gets from the personality of the person in question. Therefore a more individualized approach would be more suitable.

Cheers.

Guest nec77

wear an acne.org t-shirt

make it say

acne.org

[] home of the clear skin regimen

[] forums with helpful people

[] some other important stuff

then if people want to do something they can look it up.

if i got rid of my red marks i would buy one :P

Since i'm from germany i think it would be a first step to translate at least parts of acne.org into other languages. Of course there are german acne-messageboards too, and of course the CSR and acne.org are mentioned there, but many people can't profit by the CSR because their english is not good enough. Sometimes someone plucks up courage and translates some parts of acne.org but those translations are mostly very short and sometimes even misleading. Furthermore those threads drown in the flood of other threads so the CSR doesn't get enough attention by the newbies. I know that this would be a whole lot of work and i don't know whether it is feasible at all. It's just an idea to help more people worldwide with their acne problems.

I wouldn't go up to people with acne and tell them about acne.org. A few years ago a lot of people came up to me to give me advice about what to do with my skin. I hated it. Really.

Guest nec77

Since i'm from germany i think it would be a first step to translate at least parts of acne.org into other languages. Of course there are german acne-messageboards too, and of course the CSR and acne.org are mentioned there, but many people can't profit by the CSR because their english is not good enough. Sometimes someone plucks up courage and translates some parts of acne.org but those translations are mostly very short and sometimes even misleading. Furthermore those threads drown in the flood of other threads so the CSR doesn't get enough attention by the newbies. I know that this would be a whole lot of work and i don't know whether it is feasible at all. It's just an idea to help more people worldwide with their acne problems.

I wouldn't go up to people with acne and tell them about acne.org. A few years ago a lot of people came up to me to give me advice about what to do with my skin. I hated it. Really.

go to http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/

enter : acne.org

english to german

it probably isnt a perfect translation but it should help them

I tried it. LOL. It is ridiculous.

This translation is so bad, you don't understand a word. German is just too difficult. No automatic translation machine offers acceptable results. Really it doesn't make any sense. It's like a new language made of German words. Some of the words don't even exist in the German language.

Maybe i will translate this whole thing as an exercise.

And then i hope some German acne-messageboards will make a pinned thread out if it. But then you need to make those messageboards more popular . . . *sigh*