Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK hey, i wash my face 3 times a day. In the morning at then end of which i use BP, after school i use Basis soap and then at night after a shower using BP once again. My skin has become very very dry, like hurts to open my mouth dry. So say one day I decide to just was in the morning, using BP after and then after school with the Basis soap and don't wash at all that night will anything happen the next day at all?

Also, Im am starting Accutane very soon, if i use the Accutane and wash my face with purpose soap in the morning and at night will i be ok then? How long does it take before I notice the results from the Accutane?

Thank You for your help.

Sounds like you're over doing it to me. There's a better way - see the post "Look what I found".

Roaccutane did the trick for me, eventually (several years ago now).

I can't recommend vitamin (etc) supplements enough, but do some investigation first to find out how your body works.

I believe you are washing your face too much and perhaps need just a gentle uncolored glycerin soap or something very mild, even like Cetaphil liquid soap.

If you go to the posts under Regimen Results and look at newcastlegirl's long search for acne results, it may help you.

I have found the 4% Niacinimide Cream (is a vitamin B compound and can only be prescribed) to be very helpful - does not dry out your skin, does not make it red, and best of all works like Clindymycin topical antibiotic without wearing off eventually as antibiotics will and has been the only topical I have used.

Hope that helps. I truly hope you can avoid using Accutane and only go to it after searching for the more natural way. By the way. BP did not work for me in the long run, tried the regimen with it last spring.

Karen aka Newcastlegirl