Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dragon10

Is Everyday Mineral Makeup really worth it?

Is Everyday Mineral Makeup really worth it?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Is Everyday Mineral Makeup really worth it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Never tried it

im sure its worth it its soooooooooooo cheap. like i have tons of liquid foundations that i bought for 30$ each...this stuff is good for your skin, free samples its most definately worth it.

Guest ThereIsHope

I just got mine in yesterday! I LOVE it! I got the intensive. It really does cover, its matte, and the bronzer and blush go on beautifully. Its definetely worth it.

Shipping was a bit long for me but im in Canada! about 2 week wait.

Got samples of the Intensive line. I pretty much like it and the coverage.

I do need a new Color Medium Beige is okay for me but too darkish and I need something more Yellow.

Light was too light for me hoping to get the Winged light one soon....

Also their Brushes are soooo AFORDABLE and looks good will be ordering the white kabuki one with a lifetime guarantee?? Which company offers that? No one but EDM I'm really impressed with this line!!

is anyone in here talking about Bare Essentials, Bare minerals? If not, does anyone know how they work??? Im thinking about tyring it but im a little hesitant to trust a powder foundation to cover my red marks.

is anyone in here talking about Bare Essentials, Bare minerals? If not, does anyone know how they work??? Im thinking about tyring it but im a little hesitant to trust a powder foundation to cover my red marks.

BE isnt a good make up , i've tried it and it wasnt anything good besides making my face look orangy and it didnt control my oil at all , my face was so shiny after applying the make up in an hour or so , also there isnt much of shades to choose from , all i had to choose from was the medium because the others were either too dark and too light , and the one i chose was a bad choice after all.

i kinda like it and dislike it. their products are really good, sooo cheap! Their customer service is really good too.

But i dislike their website, and i dont quite trust the company because of the way they advertise their product in their faq section of the website... but that's just me, it sounds like they would say false statements in order to sell. :D

i quote this from the faq section on their website: "did you know that Propylene Glycol and anti-freeze are the same thing?" --not true.

I would like them to be a bit more honest advertizing.

Apart for that, their products are quite good.

EDIT: when I say "not true" up there, i mean, in the context they put it in their website, they sound that they're saying we are putting anti-freeze on our faces whenever we use liquid foundation... Technically speaking, propylene glycol is industrial anti-freeze, but only if it is at 100% concentration. In cosmetics, they use the smallest amounts. So, since they are not using 100% prop. glycol in cosmetics, for me, they took it out of context. When I read, I read in context, so what does industrial anti-freeze have anything to do with cosmetics?

well in all fairness, for the everyday person who may not know what the heck p. glycol is, referring to it as antifreeze (something people will know) is legit. They are similar, just not identical.

Ethylene glycol and propylene glycol are clear liquids used in antifreeze and deicing solutions. The main difference is that p. glycol converts to lactic acid (naturally found in our bodies) and e. glycol converts to oaxactic (or whatever, can't recall spelling) acid, which is toxic.

for the question, I like it a lot, I just wish it controlled my oil a little better.

well in all fairness, for the everyday person who may not know what the heck p. glycol is, referring to it as antifreeze (something people will know) is legit. They are similar, just not identical.

Ethylene glycol and propylene glycol are clear liquids used in antifreeze and deicing solutions. The main difference is that p. glycol converts to lactic acid (naturally found in our bodies) and e. glycol converts to oaxactic (or whatever, can't recall spelling) acid, which is toxic.

for the question, I like it a lot, I just wish it controlled my oil a little better.

You could always use a mattifying lotion.

http://www.bigelowchemists.com/product_inf...roducts_id/2978

My friend used that one and had really good results with it. You can buy it at Bath and Body works. Origins also has one as well.

http://www.origins.com/templates/products/...ODUCT_ID=PROD93

So does the Body shop

http://thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/browse/pro...goryId=cat30016