Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello and thanks for taking a look at this topic. I won't try and write too much of a first entry but I hope a lot more people will write on here at least with whatever they believe. I am very happy to see that there is a site like this out there and unfortunately I did not know about it till about a yr ago so the past 5 yrs have been rough ones especially just breaking out badly right before college so you can imagine college really sucked for me but I graduated haha. For this forum I was hoping to get people's thoughts of why they had acne or reasons they think they go through acne. I for one might be like a lot of other people who think that it just punishment b/c we have been bad so it is something we deserve. It is so easy to see it as a negative experience and rightfully so but to everything there is always a positive.

You know for years I always made the same New Years resolution of being nicer to people. A few years in a row I did that and every year I could not keep it. I mean of course I might be mean here and there but overall just to a be a nice person to everyone and sympathetic as well as empathetic to peoples emotions. I would always make fun of people for any stupid reason and for that I am sorry. To go through acne and still going through it even though it is better I realized what people might go through when others constantly put them down. You eventually lose the confidence to go anywhere or see anyone b/c you wonder what they might think or say about you and of course what they say to others behind your back.

I do not want to make this that long and plus I don't want to type that much haha but my point is people that having acne is what made me/is making me grow up. I treat people so much better now a days and its great to always here other people tell me "man I wish a lot of people thought like you" or "I wish more guys were like you" and thats great to hear b/c you realize how truly individualistic you are and thats in a good way. I am glad to note also that my religious life picked up tremendously b/c of acne and I am very fortunate for that experience. I am christian and it does not matter what religion you are b/c most of them all have the same principles. But my faith taught me to tolerate other people and always care for others less fortunate and not judge myself based on what I see and what people say b/c we are who we are meant to be and we all have a positive role in the world if we choose to as well. I hope that you all may look at what is different in your life and hopefully you can see more positives then negatives when you look in the mirror and your true friends and people that matter to you are not going to care at all about the way you look and I am so glad that I have a few friends that are like that. I have lost touch with some close friends b/c of the way they have treated me the past few yrs but I am glad my eyes were opened to how they truly were and I am grateful for that. Avoid negative people and situations b/c they are not worth your time. I know this post was a bit random but I do have a lot of thoughts that its just hard to write em all down but I really do hope that we can all find positives in our situation and always put those above the hardships we all go through. Thanks for taking the time if you actually read this and hope to hear from yall soon, Take care

I read that whole paragraph and seriously all i can say is, Welcome :D

That wasn't a paragraph. And I couldn't even read it, simply because it WAS NOT IN PARAGRAPHS AND JUST CONFUSED ME UGH. So let me do it for him/her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and thanks for taking a look at this topic. I won't try and write too much of a first entry but I hope a lot more people will write on here at least with whatever they believe. I am very happy to see that there is a site like this out there and unfortunately I did not know about it till about a yr ago so the past 5 yrs have been rough ones especially just breaking out badly right before college so you can imagine college really sucked for me but I graduated haha. For this forum I was hoping to get people's thoughts of why they had acne or reasons they think they go through acne. I for one might be like a lot of other people who think that it just punishment b/c we have been bad so it is something we deserve. It is so easy to see it as a negative experience and rightfully so but to everything there is always a positive.

You know for years I always made the same New Years resolution of being nicer to people. A few years in a row I did that and every year I could not keep it. I mean of course I might be mean here and there but overall just to a be a nice person to everyone and sympathetic as well as empathetic to peoples emotions. I would always make fun of people for any stupid reason and for that I am sorry. To go through acne and still going through it even though it is better I realized what people might go through when others constantly put them down. You eventually lose the confidence to go anywhere or see anyone b/c you wonder what they might think or say about you and of course what they say to others behind your back.

I do not want to make this that long and plus I don't want to type that much haha but my point is people that having acne is what made me/is making me grow up. I treat people so much better now a days and its great to always here other people tell me "man I wish a lot of people thought like you" or "I wish more guys were like you" and thats great to hear b/c you realize how truly individualistic you are and thats in a good way. I am glad to note also that my religious life picked up tremendously b/c of acne and I am very fortunate for that experience. I am christian and it does not matter what religion you are b/c most of them all have the same principles. But my faith taught me to tolerate other people and always care for others less fortunate and not judge myself based on what I see and what people say b/c we are who we are meant to be and we all have a positive role in the world if we choose to as well.

I hope that you all may look at what is different in your life and hopefully you can see more positives then negatives when you look in the mirror and your true friends and people that matter to you are not going to care at all about the way you look and I am so glad that I have a few friends that are like that. I have lost touch with some close friends b/c of the way they have treated me the past few yrs but I am glad my eyes were opened to how they truly were and I am grateful for that. Avoid negative people and situations b/c they are not worth your time. I know this post was a bit random but I do have a lot of thoughts that its just hard to write em all down but I really do hope that we can all find positives in our situation and always put those above the hardships we all go through. Thanks for taking the time if you actually read this and hope to hear from yall soon, Take care

--------------------------------------------------------

Good fucking god that was still really long.

Well i've got $1,000. But that isn't enough to fix my god damn nasty face.

how much is enough to do whatever u want to ur face?

Well, I'm glad acne hasn't messed you up to the point of bringing about physical and mental scars which cannot be erased and that you can find the good out of this. Acne rarely leaves behind anyone with a shallow outlook.

10 grand.

10 grand.

well good luck to you, I hope you get the cash.

Shitty. The lights are so bright in there. And there are windows everywhere. And my job requires me to lift really heavy boxes up to 70 lbs. But ever since i've been on accutane my back has been killing me. So I can't really do my work well. Oh and I have to push a heavy cart around that giant building twice a day. I walk at least four miles a day doing that.

But yeah, I have a sinus infection. So i've been away from work for a while now.

Shitty. The lights are so bright in there. And there are windows everywhere. And my job requires me to lift really heavy boxes up to 70 lbs. But ever since i've been on accutane my back has been killing me. So I can't really do my work well. Oh and I have to push a heavy cart around that giant building twice a day. I walk at least four miles a day doing that.

But yeah, I have a sinus infection. So i've been away from work for a while now.

I just got over a sinus infection too...

Sad thing was, I was most excited about the antibiotic for potentially clearing a cyst I had....

I just got over a sinus infection too...

Sad thing was, I was most excited about the antibiotic for potentially clearing a cyst I had....

HAHA I'M THINKING THE SAME THING. I was like yesss i'm sick. I don't have to show my face in public. Omg stop being like me.