Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InLoveandOnTane

Lauryn's Accutane log :]

The sandpaper feeling, that's all too familiar for me. I remember being so damn annoyed with that. I just wanted to exfoliate!!! Ahhh!!

Well, even though you go back to school, you go back clear. That's very exciting.

Thanks, you're both very sweet! I didn't mean it was my first day of school though, lol. it was just my first day back after a long weekend.

Day 22:

I'm feeling good about my face today. It seems as though a lot of the blackheads on my nose are coming out, finally. Only one very small active pimple, then the same redmarks. the redmarks on my cheeks seem to be fading very quickly. and my skin tone is looking wonderful, besides the redmarks.

I think my log is kinda boring, lol. Maybe I'll post some pics soon.

Day 24:

well there's officially no oil on my face anymore. and it's dry everywhere now, instead of just my chin & around my nose. guess I'll have to start moisturizing more. NO ACTIVE PIMPLES! :D

the redmarks on my cheeks are going away quickly. the ones on my chin are taking a little longer but...I'm sure it'll be fine soon.

that's all for now. have a great weekend everyone!

Hey Lauryn, just so I know what to expect, is your face dry as in "flaking" or just dry as in no oil whatsoever? So glad to hear you're improving so quickly :dance:

Hooray - no more oil! :dance: Isn't great to put your make-up on and actually have it stay ing place? Hope things just keep getting better and better for you!

Tanya

Redsox: my skin is flaking just a tad...but moisturizer takes care of that. but even when I put that on my face doesn't feel oily. it's awesome :)

Tanya: I actually haven't been wearing make up while on accutane, I don't feel the need to really. but yeah I LOVE having no oil. :D

Day 25:

well I looked in the mirror this morning, and there are literally about 3-4 blackheads left on my nose. amazing! I remember, just a week ago my nose was covered in them and felt like sandpaper. I haven't had any nose bleeds, but some dried blood in my nose. grosss!

I saw Styx & Foreigner live last night...it was an amazing concert. I need to go to more concerts I've decided.

Day 26:

does anyone know if severe paranoia is a side effect? lately I've been SO paranoid about every little thing. I hate it. ugh. but anyway, I have a pimple on my chin. hopefully it'll go away quickly. otherwise just redmarks (as usual). I really can't wait for my face to be COMPLETELY clear. cuz that's one less thing I have to be paranoid about.

edit: I just looked up the pyschiatric side effects of accutane and paranoia is one of them. oh well. not like that's gonna make me want to go off accutane. I guess I'll just try relaxing a little bit more.

inloveontane,

i have been experiencing paranoi also. read my log. my b/f came over last night while i was sleeping to surprise me...and well i was totally freaked. I also have been waking up in the middle of night paranoid. what is your paranoia about? mine has mostly been tane related, but also just feeling on edge. exercise has been helping this though. good luck!

I haven't been paranoid but I've been having some awful dreams. I had the worst "my boyfriend cheated on me" dream during my nap on Saturday afternoon. So basically you could say I am paranoid when I am sleeping!

I just try and forget during the day that I am on this stuff. I know that applying aquafor every 10 minutes is sort of a reminder, but I just try and forget anyways ;)

Hey Lauryn,

It sounds like you are coming along! I remember back when my nose felt like sandpaper - so that's a good sign!!!

But I was just reading about your paranoia and I wanted to tell you that I have been SUPER paranoid about everything since starting this drug...to the point where I freak myself out. It's weird because a lot of the time I barely feel like myself...tane does WEIRD things to us!! But I keep hearing people say that they feel a million times better (and back to themselves) once they are off the drug...so just keep in mind it's only a temporary thing!

Keep your chin up - and keep us all updated on your progress :)

Kristen

selfesteem : I have been paranoid about pretty much everything. it's developing into OCD I think. lol. like, at school I HAVE to step on the purple parts of the floor (purple is one of our school colors) or else I think something bad is going to happen to me...and just stuff like that. I've always been a little paranoid, but not that much.

redsox: my dreams have been a lot more vivid and just straight up weird! I can definitely relate to you.

sundance: yeah, I can't wait for this to be over! I get a break this weekend from my pills cuz I'm done with my 3rd blister pack. so that'll be nice. but then Monday I go back to the derm and get my next prescription.

Day 29:

Well, it's been exactly one month (4 weeks) since I started my treatment. wow...time really flies. anywho, my skin doesn't look too bad. I have one big red zit with no head...another zit scabbing up, and about 2-3 noticeable redmarks. I still don't like my skin though. since I'm on accutane, if I have one zit it upsets me. but then again, I know it takes a long time for this stuff to work. I just wanna be done, ya know? but oh well...it'll be over before I know it.

As for side effects, nose has been bleeding a little but I haven't gotten an actual nosebleed, if that makes sense. what I mean is, whenever I blow my nose it's pretty much all blood that comes out. my skin is dry but not unbearable. my lips can NOT live without aquaphor. I forgot to bring it to school today but luckily I had some burt's bees in my purse. I would have gone crazy without anything on my lips...

my hair is a little dry too. I haven't washed it since last weekend and probably won't for a few more days...I don't really need to. I REALLY don't want my hair to fall out. my hair is everything to me...

anyway. yep. that's all for now. have a great weekend everyone, it's my 18th birthday on Sunday! :dance:

HI there, i pretty much have the exact same side effects except for the nose. And i am thge same way, I get bummed when one zit comes out now! Patience is so hard on accutane. Sorry to hear about your nose. Put some vasline in there. that's what my doc said to do if it happens.

As far as the ocd, hmmmm...well, if it gets really bad, let me know through a pM. i use something that has been working well for me for this.

Day 30:

Well, I took my last pill from my last blister pack today. I go get my bloodwork done tommorow, and my derm appointment is Monday. I hope my chelesterol has lowered since last time...even though I haven't been dieting all that much (oops). guess if it's still elevated I will have to. oh well, it will be good for me. I can't fill out my Ipledge shit on the website yet cuz my derm hasn't confirmed anything. guess I'll wait until Monday. and then I'll probably get my prescription Monday or Tuesday. the big red zit I talked about yesterday has come to a head. gross. and then I still have the other scabbed up zit. otherwise, just redmarks (mainly on my chin), but other than that my skin tone looks very nice.

tommorow I am going to this event called The Pirate Festival...haha. it should be fun!

Day 33:

I had my 18th birthday on Sunday. It was fun :D

Anywho, on Monday my dosage was upped to 60mg. Sweeeeet.

I got about 4 pimples in the past few days. 3 of them came to a head, and are now scabbing up. The other one just became a red bump on the side of my nose (I HATE getting pimples there). I can feel another pimple on it's way. Is this the initial breakout I wonder?

My overall skintone is kinda ick...it's red and blotchy, and my redmarks don't help.

Hope everyone's course is going well, have a good one!

Day 36:

Things are looking a lot better. My skin tone looks more even and I have no pimples. Just redmarks...yay! :D

My redmarks don't even look that bad either. I'm hoping things just start getting better from now on :)

My only side effects are dry skin & lips.

well that's pretty much all I have to update for now...

Day 45:

heyyy guys! sorry I haven't updated in a while. I've been soo busy in the last week. but anyway. my skin is doing great, I haven't really had a bad breakout in the past 2 weeks (knock on wood). it's so nice! still have redmarks but they are definitely fading.

as for the side effects, since going on 60mg the dryness is a lot worse. I have to moisturize a lot.

my face isn't pale like it was pre-tane. it's just fair and I have rosy/red cheeks & chin. it's kinda nice to actually have some blush to my face.

hair is soft. body skin is soft as long as I use jergens ultra healing lotion on it. otherwise, it's super dry.

I'm really tired though, so I'm gonna take a nap. hope everyone's treatment is going well :)

You're doing so well. I hope that in 2 weeks, I can be doing as well as u are! I start my increased dosage tomorrow, 80 mg during the week, 40 on the weekends, I'm sure my side effects will be increasing as well. But as long as my skin starts clearing up soon, i'll be happy! See ya!

Day 51:

Things are going wonderfully, skinwise. I had a MASSIVE pimple on the side of my face yesterday...and today it's already scabbed over. Accutane is incredible. I have some more blackheads in my nose again...but I guess they're just being purged.

Side effects aren't bad. Just dry skin & lips. My hair doesn't feel as thick...but it looks the same. My mom says it still feels thick, so I guess I'm just being paranoid.

Day 62:

Hey everyone...I'm bad at updating. I apologize. My skin is behaving...haven't had a breakout in weeks (except one extremely small pimple). My skin tone is even, besides the redmarks (which are fading). It's really soft, and the only places that get super dry are the areas on my jawline and around my mouth. My lips are the dryest out of anything. Body skin is always itchy so I have to have lotion on it. Tuesday I go back to the derm and will be going into my 3rd month. :D

Day 69:

I haven't had a breakout for about a month I think. maybe even longer. it's so nice. My redmarks are fading...I'm looking super clear. My sister told me the other day that my skin looks so good. Skin isn't too dry. I only put moisturizer on the dry patches. My lips are the dryest, as I've mentioned before. Can't leave the house without aquaphor...

Unfortunately, I have been suffering some mental side effects. I've been feeling depressed, paranoid, and guilty. I don't know whether it's the accutane or my personal life...but I'm lowering my dosage back to 40mg, just in case. I am way more concerned about my mental health than my appearance. I want to major in pyschology and I figure that if I can't help myself than I can't help others. and I definitely don't want it to turn out that way.

how is everyone else doing? I feel like I don't update enough.