Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i'm starting out vilantae with mild/moderate acne. what i have now is like 20 small non inflamed bumps on each side of my face (whiteheads?) and like 4 inflamed red bumps (pauples?). i've been dealing with this forever so i'm hoping this is gonna work. my skin is pretty oily. the regimine that i use now is: wash with cetaphil in the morning, apply sunscrean after drying, wait 30min, apply bp, then wash again at night with cetaphil again, apply moisture to dry, non acne areas, spot treat retin a to help with healing and redmarks. i've been taking vilantae since yesterday morning and have already noticed some changes. when i woke up today my face was extremely oily. it was disgusting. there were quite a few blackheads i hadn't noticed before begging to be extruded so i was able to get out like 7 of them today. some new whitehead bumps are comming up, not inflamed. i'll continue taking the vilantae and keep this log updated.

this is the morning of the 3rd day taking vilantae. i took 5g yesterday and 3g the day before that. my skin is completely f##ed at the moment. its producing more oil not less, or it looks like it. the 20 non inflamed bumps on each side. like 4 of those on each side got red and inflamed. supposedly you get an initial breakout from vitamin b5 because your pores shrink trapping the bacteria inside but thats definitely not what's happening to me. more oil, bigger pores, bigger pimples. is this normal?

today is mid day of the third day. piss is yellow. my face is extremely oily. i washed it in the morning and its disgusting now. spots are comming up everywhere on my face. i'd say now there's at least twice as many spots as there were. a storm is coming.

ok well the thing u were doing wrong from before is ur supposed to put bp on ur face after cleansing. y would u put sunscreen on before the bp? that doesnt do anything. anway after the bp u should chuck the sunscreen and buy a moisturizer with spf15.

Guest ThereIsHope

I don't take vilantae but I do take normal B5. I started out with 10g (I was desperate) and my face got much worse before it got better. Its been a little over 2 weeks now and my face is less oily, pores are smaller, and been having less and less breakouts. I have noticed though, that all the blackheads I had before are bigger. B5 tightens the pores so i'm assuming its pushing all the gunk to the surface. I pushed alot of blackheads out near the sides of my nose yesterday. I woke up today, some had healed just fine and were normal pores now, other got kinda inflammed. (must not have been ready to come out yet, grrr) Don't worry, your face WILL get better though. It just takes time.

i think i'm gonna switch to regular b5. its my 4th day and my face is oilier with more pimples

I don't take vilantae but I do take normal B5. I started out with 10g (I was desperate) and my face got much worse before it got better. Its been a little over 2 weeks now and my face is less oily, pores are smaller, and been having less and less breakouts. I have noticed though, that all the blackheads I had before are bigger. B5 tightens the pores so i'm assuming its pushing all the gunk to the surface. I pushed alot of blackheads out near the sides of my nose yesterday. I woke up today, some had healed just fine and were normal pores now, other got kinda inflammed. (must not have been ready to come out yet, grrr) Don't worry, your face WILL get better though. It just takes time.

Guest ThereIsHope

I don't use a b-complex, and I use the GNC brand of B5.

i think i'm gonna switch to regular b5. its my 4th day and my face is oilier with more pimples

do you use a b complex, what brand is your b5?

ok well the thing u were doing wrong from before is ur supposed to put bp on ur face after cleansing. y would u put sunscreen on before the bp? that doesnt do anything. anway after the bp u should chuck the sunscreen and buy a moisturizer with spf15.

its olay noncomedogenic moisturizer with spf 15. i don't use sunscreen

Trust me you will need more time then 4 days before it gets better. More like 2 weeks, and within those 2 weeks it will get worse before it gets better.