Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charlotte_88

AHH they are everywhere!!!

I have tons of blackheads everywhere... not just on my nose. I mean they are just everwhere, big ones and small ones... on my cheeks, chin, nose, forhead, sides of my face, ears, chest, back, in my nose. It sounds really gross I know, but i can't control them!! I have very oily skin so I quess that explains it. I am on dianette which is meant to be for oily skin and I am using toners and mousterisers so I don't get it.

Anyone else suffer really badly from them... or is it just me? :confused:

I thought I was the only one who suffered from blackheads this bad. Looks like I have to suffer alone on this one. Damn you blackheads! Damn you. :confused:

hi charlotte... here is a real natural and cheap skincare regime. apple-cider vinegar and water for cleanser (very dilluted), baking soda and water for exfoliant. i have been using this for over a year i guess, and its great! that might help your problems and your bank account.

see ya

it doesnt help a TOn, but try using Ponds Pore Strips. You can really see blackheads the you pulled out of your nose on the strip! Its cool. A lot of acne medications will help you with blackheads, ask your derm, maybe Differin Gel or Tazorac.

Eziekel-

What kind of baking soda mask...a paste to leave on your face, or a scrub? Just use fingers or a brush? How long to leave on?

I am realizing I am probably being too harsh on my skin...need some natural ideas. Thanks.

maincajm,

i use it as a scrub on nose and cheeks. i make a paste from baking soda and water only and lightly scrub with fingers -- rinse off in shower. make sure u wash your face first, preferably with the acv solution.

go well.

glycolic acid toner daily does way more to prevent acne blackheads than anything else I've ever tried. I use the stuff in the Klear Action kit (it's a Pro-Activ knockoff available in most drugstores for ~$16-18). The ProActiv knockoffs are the only alcohol-free decent percentage glycolic acid toners I've been able to find, at least at a non-ridiculous price. The cleanser in the kit is really nice too - a very gentle, but very effective mechanical exfoliant. (I found baking soda to be too harsh for my skin, no matter what I mixed it into). A cheaper alternative to glycolic acid toners is vinegar (dilute 50/50 with water, otherwise too irritating for most people), but I get a better effect with less irritation from glycolic acid.

I have tons of blackheads everywhere... not just on my nose. I mean they are just everwhere, big ones and small ones... on my cheeks, chin, nose, forhead, sides of my face, ears, chest, back, in my nose. It sounds really gross I know, but i can't control them!! I have very oily skin so I quess that explains it. I am on dianette which is meant to be for oily skin and I am using toners and mousterisers so I don't get it.

Anyone else suffer really badly from them... or is it just me? :confused:

How old are you? Have you never squeezed them out?

Have you considered Roaccutane?

I had them too as you describe, not nice, I still have a lot now and I'm nearly 41.