Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't know why the French hate us so much..They'd be speaking German if it weren't for the Americans..

Guest fatman_uk
I don't know why the French hate us so much..They'd be speaking German if it weren't for the Americans..

America provides more money to aid developing nations than any other country in the world. 5 billion dollars a year and that's just the government alone. Businesses, non-profit organizations, funds, private citizens, donate another 11 billion dollars with most of that money being concentrated in Africa.

I just heard that on CNN. I am completely neutral. biggrin.gif

Guest fatman_uk

Who cares, it's only to build those places up so they can put up a good fight when the US decides to blow the shit out've them in a few years for whatever reason, LOL! biggrin.gif

-Gaz

[quote="And yes other countries have problems to but they don’t go around poking their noses into other countries affairs and bossing them around.

Every country with the means to do so has always used its resources and influences to tilt things in its favor, at home or elsewhere, whether or not it seemed friendly at the time. Politics is all about being pragmatic. U.S. foreign policy also is tinged with idealism, occasionally leading to actions like ousting totalitarian regimes (when most countries would prefer minding their own business.)

You could write a list as bad or worse for many other countries.

By most objective standards, this is one of the best places to live.

It's only that the US is so powerful and that many countries envy and try to design their system around ours that such negative things come out against the US. Perhaps some of you never learned that jealousy will lead to hate. Maybe I speak on the level of an arrogant American, but I'm getting at a point here.

You can search and search and find a list of horrible things done by every country in the world. Search up something like North Korea, search up something for Russia, search up something for nearly all middle eastern countries and South American and African countries. Hell, at one point peace-loving Germany was the worst country in the world. And the funny thing is, no one counters this list of bad things with all the good things the US has given the world. Needless to say, you're jealous and you're looking through books to find any sort of bad thing this country has done.

Let's see this list. What are the good things America has done to the advancement of the human race? To the aid of the world?

And then let's see a list of all the other countries in this world.

I think we have a winner.

This doesn't mean that I deny America has done wrong things in its past and its present, but hasn't every country? There is no one country that has power on a global level that has never done anything wrong.

Guest fatman_uk

You just proved how ignorant you can be about your achievements too.

-Gaz

Well the post IS about the USA Gaz, why should I be talking about other countries' achievements? Just because I am not including them, I am not denying them. There are other countries who have done tons for the world, it's just that the USA does tons as well.

But even with that, how am I ignorant? Go on.

Guest fatman_uk

You say that everyone envies you an shit, no1 evnies you... well, maybe we copy your trends... but that's as far as it goes.

If you believe your achievements you should just be sayin 'LOL' ing at everyone who tries putting you down rather than saying how great you are an how everythin you do helps the world. America has done a lot, that's why you get so much shit off everyoe... like hot chicks sometimes get called sluts by JEALOUS chicks for no reason at all.

The only thing that pisses me off is when Americans say they 'won' the war... it's absolute shit, they jumped in near the end an helped finish the job. Not that it isn't appreciated, plus it's the past... i don't give a shit about the past, i only give a shit about ppl talkin shit about how great their country is for 'x' reason.

I mean, who gives a 'serious' fuck? Whatever YOUR COUNTRY achieves... it'll never make you better than you are unless you're part of the achievement.

It's as lame as English football fans fighting over whos football team's the best, it doesn't make any difference... you're not IN the phucking team when it plays, so it's fuck all to do with YOU.

-Gaz

Yeah, but I didn't start the thread. However I read it and read some pretty misinformed comments following in the way of Johnny Depp and his "America is like a dumb puppy" fiasco, or whatever he said. You sort of backed up my comments with the hot chicks being called jealous metaphor. But as for WWII, I made no comment of it.

I don't care what America achieves, but the fact that the country has done so much, that truth shouldn't be denied by people. And yes, it is true that a lot of people can't say much as far as achieving things go if they have had no part in it, but we are all a part of this country.

My favorite reason for loving this country: the landscape. Travel to all four corners of the country, and you've seen such a diverse amount of world. Not the things we've done. Just the fact that I can go somewhere in this country and not have to worry about anything outside our borders.

Guest fatman_uk

Like i said, ppl are jealous of your achievements... an obviously intimidated by the size of the USA... i don't know why personally, but that's just the way it is.

An i guess you're right, the US is prolly the only place you don't have to travel overseas to enjoy a holiday in a places totally different to your home. There's that much TO the US, why travel?

Whereas us here in England, we got Blackpool or Devon to enjoy our holidays in, LOL! How thrilling. biggrin.gif

I went to Devon a couple of months ago, an i swear... unless i'm going to visit family, i'm never going anywhere for more than 2 days in this fuckin country... it's so bland in our resorts.

-Gaz

I've been all over Scandinavia and to Israel and briefly Jordan and my opinion is that financial prosperity is the only monumental achievement of our current America. Americans are poorly educated, in poor health, and alienated compared to other techno-industrial socities.

What makes America great is the diversity of people. People immigrated to this country from all over the world and made it what it is today-a melting pot where anyone who has the necessary work ethic can achieve the American Dream. We are in no means perfect, but we try to improve all the time. My parents came here and were able to give me opportunities that I would otherwise not have. The American Dream is well alive and my parents are proof of that.