Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
droog

UK moisturiser and lip balm for use with accutane?

Hi guys

I'm going on a second course of 80mg a day I was wondering if you which are the best UK products I can get to help with the side effects. If you can send me some links please that would be great.

Before I used medicated lip balm from boots and euracin moisturiser.

CHeers

Hi guys

I'm going on a second course of 80mg a day I was wondering if you which are the best UK products I can get to help with the side effects. If you can send me some links please that would be great.

Before I used medicated lip balm from boots and euracin moisturiser.

CHeers

When my skin really started flaking bad I used E45 cream, I don't really recommend that though for normal use, I just used to use that on the patches that were really badly dry only which other creams didn't seem to have much effect on. I've now started using Clarity oil free Mattifying moisturiser from superdrug on some bits that are a little dry. Works fine for me, but I'd like to be sure it doesn't block pores (doesn't seem as though it does, but I'm not 100%). If you try any, try and get one that says it doesn't block pores if not too sure.

When the skins not too dry I'm trying without any moisturises at all at the mo, just use it as needed. (trying to not overdo adding anything too much)

For the lips I use Nivea repair and protection from superdrug. Tried a few others first, but I find this one amazing for the accutane lips :).

Also interested if anyone has other moisturisers they definitely recommend, so many out there its hard to know.

(I also take omega 3/6/9 tablet a day which seems to help a bit when exercising with aches, and head and shoulders when scalp is dry).

Am currently at about week 6 and first few weeks were pretty bad for side effects, but things seem to be settling down now. Try to be really really gentle with your skin especially at first as its so tender.

Hi Wibble

Thanks I will definately have to try out the lip balm, I know all about accutane this is my second round, acne came back 3 months later :( this time im doing 20 weeks of 80mg a day last time i built up to 80 mg and that wasn't too bad. What dosage are you taking by the way?

Hi

i am on 80 mgs accutane and in the 14th week (lower dose until 10th week). Use E45..works well but think it may be blocking pores as I am still breaking out. Planning to buy Neutrogena Oil free .

Emu oil for skin/lips

Vaseline for lips

Those two were fine for me, I have V.sensitive skin so cannot experiment with diff products.

Hi Wibble

Thanks I will definately have to try out the lip balm, I know all about accutane this is my second round, acne came back 3 months later :( this time im doing 20 weeks of 80mg a day last time i built up to 80 mg and that wasn't too bad. What dosage are you taking by the way?

Hiya, am on 40mg. Originally they said it would be 40 then 80, but strong side effects kicked in after less than a week, so they said it looked pretty effective on me so not worth upping the dose (not sure if its because I make sure I eat something with decent fat content at the time as the tablets or just me). Anyways once past the first 3 weeks haven't had one cyst on the face (just one on the back), so pretty good going for me. Just hoping it won't return after I finish the accutane as that would knock me back. Feeling so much more positive and confident now pretty much all the side effects are under control and skin is ok.

Sorry to hear about the return of the acne after 3 months :(, they do say that often its about incremental treatments of accutane though, so hopefully it will sort you out, don't lose heart :).