Notifications
Clear all

Brown Rice

MemberMember
(@pink126)

Posted : 08/15/2006 7:22 pm

Does anyone know if Brown Rice cause breakouts??

MemberMember
(@ell-2)

Posted : 08/15/2006 7:26 pm

Hi pink

I've been eating a lot of rice brown and white and it doesn't break me out. :)

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 08/15/2006 8:28 pm

Who said rice breakouts in the first place? Have you not been to China or other asian countries where rice is like the only meal?

MemberMember
(@remember4)

Posted : 08/15/2006 8:43 pm

Ignoring Necromancer's arrogant and obnoxious comment...

I understand your question because brown rice is reported to have a high glycemic index, higher than white rice. From what I've read, instant rice has the lowest glycemic index. In my personal experience, though, I haven't had any trouble with eating any kind of rice, including rice cakes. Granted, if I eat an entire bag of rice cakes (which, yes, I do) or a lot of carbs in one day, I do notice my face is more red and blemishes are more inflamed. But other than that, rice give me no problems and is a staple of my diet now.

MemberMember
(@ell-2)

Posted : 08/15/2006 8:50 pm

Ignoring Necromancer's arrogant and obnoxious comment...

I understand your question because brown rice is reported to have a high glycemic index, higher than white rice. From what I've read, instant rice has the lowest glycemic index. In my personal experience, though, I haven't had any trouble with eating any kind of rice, including rice cakes. Granted, if I eat an entire bag of rice cakes (which, yes, I do) or a lot of carbs in one day, I do notice my face is more red and blemishes are more inflamed. But other than that, rice give me no problems and is a staple of my diet now.

Wow remember4, I checked out your gallery, great progress with your skin! You're using a more natural approach which takes longer than the drugs and toxic base topicals but the improvement is great. Awesome.

MemberMember
(@apple_blossem)

Posted : 08/15/2006 9:06 pm

Doesnt brown rice mean it needs to be washed??

MemberMember
(@09rules)

Posted : 08/15/2006 9:08 pm

Doesnt brown rice mean it needs to be washed??

No, brown rice is a different kind of rice than white rice... it's not brown exactly, more like a light tan. It has more nutritional value than plain white rice.

MemberMember
(@pink126)

Posted : 08/15/2006 9:12 pm

Who said rice breakouts in the first place? Have you not been to China or other asian countries where rice is like the only meal?

dude, shut up if you don't have any good advice, put a sock in it.

MemberMember
(@idunno)

Posted : 08/15/2006 9:20 pm

i dun think brown rice is an acne aggravant, i just know it's suppose to be healthier than the white rice

MemberMember
(@autonomousone1980)

Posted : 08/15/2006 10:08 pm

try a high amylose white rice.

amylose is a complex carbohydrate which is digested slowly.

this should be your best bet with a GI-41/GL-12

MemberMember
(@minds_i)

Posted : 08/16/2006 4:18 am

Neither brown nor white nor wild rice has ever broken me out. I wouldn't worry about it.

MemberMember
(@case)

Posted : 08/16/2006 4:55 am

Brown (wholegrain?) rice is worse for my skin than white rice. The more protein, the worse the effects.

MemberMember
(@pink126)

Posted : 08/16/2006 11:33 am

thanks for your responses.. :) I ate some brown rice last night ..crossing my fingers.. hehehe

MemberMember
(@r-s)

Posted : 08/16/2006 12:04 pm

Brown (wholegrain?) rice is worse for my skin than white rice. The more protein, the worse the effects.

Okay, let's see the science behind this. Seeing as protein is the devil and even brown rice contains too much.

MemberMember
(@legend)

Posted : 08/16/2006 12:56 pm

Brown rice has about the same GI and II as white rice. Although it does contain more nutrients, in terms of Insulin spiking, if acne related, isn't going to be any different. However, what you eat the rice with makes a big difference.

Check out this article:

http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460051

It has a chart showing a few foods that show that GI and II aren't always correlated exactly. Milk for example is low in GI but high in II, and that along with synthetic hormones may explain why some people are acne sensitive to dairy.

MemberMember
(@case)

Posted : 08/16/2006 1:01 pm

Okay, let's see the science behind this. Seeing as protein is the devil and even brown rice contains too much.

That's NOT what I said. I said it contains MORE protein (assuming brown means wholegrain). Didn't say anything about too much. Wholegrain rice contains more protein than white rice, that's the only science here.

MemberMember
(@bryan)

Posted : 08/16/2006 8:12 pm

Huh?? I think he made a very good point. Chill out.

Bryan

MemberMember
(@remember4)

Posted : 08/16/2006 8:29 pm

Bryan

It's not that one comment, it's that one comment in the context of ALL his comments on this forum. Like, the straw that broke the camel's back...

MemberMember
(@pink126)

Posted : 08/17/2006 5:52 pm

Bryan

It's not that one comment, it's that one comment in the context of ALL his comments on this forum. Like, the straw that broke the camel's back...

EXACTLY!!

Bryan

please don't reply when you clearly don't understand the question.

MemberMember
(@necromancer)

Posted : 08/17/2006 6:07 pm

Bryan

EXACTLY!!

Bryan

please don't reply when you clearly don't understand the question.

If you want "babied" answers with false hope, then look somewhere else. I give the raw facts about any matter that I know about. You don't see me replying to a single Accutane thread because I don't know about it and have never used it. But being that I know about rice and I've been to Asian countries, I CAN SAY what I've seen. What I've seen is that a very large portion of Asian's in those countries (not U.S.A.) have NO ACNE at all. They do not have some "regimen" they follow and they certainly don't eat the greatest of meals. Every meal breakfast, lunch, and dinner is RICE. I don't care what color you want to make it, it's rice and they are clear. Yes, you will see some skin problems. But nowhere near the percentages you see of people that live in the U.S. This has been shown in several studies too where those of Asian decent have less acne problems and those of White decent have the most. Case closed.

MemberMember
(@clark-dan-2020hotmail-com)

Posted : 09/16/2020 8:56 pm

Some people has body acne when eat carbs, sugar caused by leaky gut and fungus. When they eat foods hard to digest like whole grains, brown rice, oat, quinoa, gluten, they starts to has acne in the belly, chest and back. But when they eat white rice, the pimples appear too, but in less quantities because the digestion is more easy. When they eat only non starched vegetables new pimples dont appear.

MemberMember
(@sophiemaria)

Posted : 09/20/2020 5:23 am

brown rice is a different kind of rice than white rice

MemberMember
(@tellurium)

Posted : 09/29/2020 12:13 pm

No, brown rice is rich in magnesium thathelps balance out hormones that cause acne