Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dawniedawn

will going to a tanning bed help my acne

sure. i do it. and as long as im consistent with regimen i notice hardly ne changes if ne. now that im tan i cant imagine what i would like right now if i had not started tanning. I would be a pale kid, with a shiny face and abou20 smallllll bumps/pimples scattered all over my face. going tanning made 15 of 20 be invisible. rest less bad and clearing fine. sorry.. typing with 1 hand is orta hard so my grammar or etc might not b good.

Tanning doesn't clear your acne as far as I know because if that's the case, everyone could have just go and have some tan and have clearer skin! I used to tan but I don't do that now. Eh well, tanning even though it does not cause acne, is bad for your skin overall, you don't wanna have to face more skin problems. Tanning just makes pimples less visible because of the color of your skin but it won't help clear them.

Ahhh i was considering this also after my sister said going on a sun bed will clear it up - she sed it helped her.

But im a bit concerned about skin cancer, so i was wondering, if 4 mintues every week JUST on my face can do any harm?

Im a bit apprehensive about going on it but i wanna giv it a try because when i go on holiday it does clear a bit more...

It will make the skin around your acne look darker...which in turn make your red marks look less prominent.

but....It also increase the risk of you having skin cancer later on in life.

temporary camouflage vs skin cancer....ewwwww....

use fake tanning booth or nice tanning spray is much better and smarter option.

If tanning bed works, we would all have clear skin by now. don't you think?

nope, not everyone has been on a tanning bed to try this, and those that have, have had good results, the tanning bed drys your skin and might fade the acne.

Its VERY unlikely that u will get skin cancer if u r only going on it for a few minutes a week just on the face...

nope, not everyone has been on a tanning bed to try this, and those that have, have had good results, the tanning bed drys your skin and might fade the acne.

Its VERY unlikely that u will get skin cancer if u r only going on it for a few minutes a week just on the face...

Sparty, the answers are no, no and no.

Ok im wrong, but i just thought that so little time can cause it, i was told that if u spend hours a week in it only then it becomes a risk.

Do you know anything about those tanning machines that you can buy from argos that tan your face? Well can they be harmful as its just directed on the face?

heres the link : http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/s...categoryId=8544

Tanning beds are just not good for you. Wouldt you rather have acne (which a tanning bed isn't going to help THAT much) or permanent horrible wrinkles that will take a crap load of money to get rid of?

Another thing to consider is sun sensitivity caused by all of the treatments and meds we are using. Tanning beds are super-concentrated UV rays. This combination opens you up for all sorts of sun damage (brown spots, freckles, cancer, etc.). Now that I am a little older, I see the sun damage caused by the sun and tanning beds. Tanning does not make red marks go away faster. In fact, it's the opposite. Tanning causes brown spots to occur in the first place. Tanning is a quick fix, feel-good type of thing. The long term effects do not look so good. Scientists do not know how much radiation exposure it takes to actually cause cancer. We are exposed to radiation every single day. Some scientists even argue that some radiation exposure could be beneficial. By tanning, you are really gambling, and the odds are not in your favor.

gemgems89....

The answer is still no.

As I said, I don't mind localized treatment...(UV beam that focus directly on acne)....it is not good for your skin. But I also understand the frustration of people with acne too. However, those tanning tool for face is still bad for you.

Why do you want to give yourself permanent skin damage?