Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cheechee

anyone have a mirror thing...

I hate mirrors.

I dont concider myself ugly, but imperfect... and whenever i see a reflection of me and it wasn't a ... "classy cut" ...

( i have a thing for facial structure)

So basically, i wash my face and do all that good stuff to makesure i look alright, and when i know look fine... i avoid mirrors, cause if i see myself at just a slightly bad angle or anything it makes me self consious!

i know i sound crazy...

but i find it amazingly weird when girls pull out mirrors and put makeup on in class infront of everyone...

Im so mirror shy...

i think im the same. i wash my face in the dark. and i never look in the mirror with a light on, anywhere. i avoid all white lights. the only time i look in the mirror is when i need to look if i have to pop something. and even when i do, i go really really close up so i dont see anything else. but i do force myself sometimes cause i tell myself that the only way to solve a problem is to face it head on..pardon the pun. but its a hope to be able to look in the mirror and not get ashamed or angry.

ohhhhhhh mee too.. i dont think i can ever go bak to being one of those girls that checks herself in her reflection.. it only equals bad news. why torture myself like that? instead, i've resolved to avoid looking at all, unless its in a familiar mirror of course.. ya know, the kind that always provides "good angles" haha

and even when i do, i go really really close up.

Same with me. It's peculiar- if I'm 2 feet away from a mirror, my acne looks more noticeable but when I stand like 2 inches away from a mirror, it's not so bad...Something about the shadow and the light.

Can be my best friend or worst enemy, if you look at yourself in a mirror with good lighting and that reflects your better side then your like fuck yeh, but most the time its the contrary and want all mirrors to be destroyed!

nah, I've got a bajillion mirrors in my room so I guess I'm not mirror shy. I just try not to concentrate on the bad things (acne) and more look at the good things (how I'm dressed, hopefully my hair looks nice, etc.)

wow....that sounds exactly like me! im so glad to hear that there are a lot of other people here who also dont like mirrors! god i hate those things. i never look in a mirror without having makeup on, i always put the mirrors face downwards in the bathroom so i cant see my reflection and if on the rare occassion i do look in the mirror its in a dark room! i feel so ugly and depressed once i look in a mirror coz it shows me for what i realy look like. ugh! my worst story when it comes to mirrors is when i went to the opticians the other week and i had to try on a bunch of glasses and the woman told me to look in the mirrior to see what glasses i liked best! i refused to even go near a mirror but then she held one up right in front of my face and i almost cried. all i could see was these ugly red marks. mirrors are actually kinda like my phobia! and i dont understand people who can sit there for hours on end admiring their faces even if they have the most beutiful skin! id be happy to never look in a mirror again!

ugh! my worst story when it comes to mirrors is when i went to the opticians the other week and i had to try on a bunch of glasses and the woman told me to look in the mirrior to see what glasses i liked best! i refused to even go near a mirror but then she held one up right in front of my face and i almost cried. all i could see was these ugly red marks.

I remember a similar occasion once when i had to go to the dentist. He held a mirror up in front of me, and you know those mega bright white lights they have so they can get a good look in your mouth? God, i felt like crap for about a month after that!

Guest ThereIsHope

I wish I was allergic to mirrors.

In fact, I think I am. I go into a panicked freanzy and break out in hives on my face whenever I do happen to look into one.

Oh wait thats just my acne. Darn.

me too, this happened to me at the post office where i was taking my passport photo....post office lights are very dim...I'm thankful that when I had to get glasses 3 yrs ago, it was swimming season and my skin wasn't that bad at the beginning of hs.

I also hate department stores---and SEPHORA!! lol-----Those really really bright lights and CRYSTAL clear mirrors, mirrors everywhere in that store, everywhere you turn. I avoid going in there at all costs. :shifty:

Same with me. It's peculiar- if I'm 2 feet away from a mirror, my acne looks more noticeable but when I stand like 2 inches away from a mirror, it's not so bad...Something about the shadow and the light.

I notice this too. I think it has more to do with how your brain sees things. When you are up close you can see enough details that it's like "oh, that's not that bad" but when you back up you can't make out enough details so it ends up looking like a red spot, pimple, etc etc.

that probably wasn't worded very well but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about

Guest TylerD

Mirrors are bunk!!! I swear to god some days I dont get how my face can change so much. Its like my pores will look HUGE one day, and the next barelly visible...like what the hell??? Frickin mirrors I just dont bother with that crap anymore. I stay away from them.

ohhhhh all i can say is it's an illusion to your eyes

I'm ashamed to be a man that can't look in the mirror anymore. I think it started one day when I woke up and saw how red and nasty my skin was and it scared the shit out of me. Now I just wash my face and brush my teeth in the dark, with some dim hallway light coming in. I don't look too bad in the dark. ;)

Same with me I try to avoid looking in the mirror, and I hate taking pics especially with those cameras with bright flashes ughhhhhhhhhhhh.............

I look at myself when i'm at home but when I'm at school I stay away from mirrors because im scared that my face might look bad .

thats how i am too

I try to avoid mirrors at all costs and use my cell phone to light up the bathroom or otherwise I would be in complete darkness. I even went to a psychologist and she was doing recognitive behavioural therapy. She essentially forced me to look at myself in a mirror and to change my mind set. After a few months of that I have noticed that my face is truly fucked up :wall: