Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightlynx

B-5 works for me, my journal

Ive been taking B-5 at 1.5 grams per day for several days and im getting results. I will probably up my dosage to 2 grams per day soon. Ive heard of some people getting results with only 1 gram per day while others required as much as 10. For me 1.5g/day seems to help but not enough. But i am happy that i found something that actually reduces oil production on my face. I had very oily skin before. Its still oily now, but noticably less now.

Ive been washing my face with 10% BP wash for years, which helps a little, but never gave me a completely clear complexion. Since i started using B-5, my face is more clear with less oil then its been in a long time. I hope this trend keeps up.

Right now i am taking three (3) 500mg B-5 pills per day. Im going to start taking 4 per day in the next 2 or 3 days. I will continue to update results.

Ive been taking three 500mg B-5 pills a day, 1 in morning, afternoon, and night. Today is only my 6th day taking them and my skin is very clear. Not completely, right now i would say about 80%, but its been getting clearer the last 2 days. But the biggest difference today is my skin is less oily then its been in years. Nothing before has made my skin less oily until now.

Since im getting results on 1.5g/day, im going to stay at this dosage for a few more days and sees what happens.

Well today will be one week taking B-5. I had a couple of pimples pop up last night, but they are small and not near as bad as what i used to get. However my face is still less oily than normal. Some areas on my face where i did not have bad acne a very clear now.

I think tomorrow i will up my dosage to four 500mg pill per day. Im getting some results now at 1.5g/day, but i think a little higher dosage my help more and faster. But i must say i am happy with the results after one week. I have never found anything else that works this fast and with good results. If your acne is caused by very oily skin, which is usually hormanal, B-5 should work. I would highly recomend it. Plus i have seen no side-effects. And from research ive done online, there are no side-effect to taking B-5, even at high doses. It a natural vitamin found in many foods. Oh and its usually labled at Pantothenic Acid.

I started on B5 one week ago today. My face is a lot clearer than it was a week ago and a little less oily. Today im increasing from 1.5g/day to 2g/day. I will be taking four 500mg pills, roughly about 1 ever 4 hours. I also take one mulitvitamin a day, which has a lot of the other B viamins, but very little B-5. I will take 2g/day for about a week and see what happens, then increase again if needed.

So far B-5 im getting good results from B-5.

Hey i am a little confused because I am taking Centrum multivitamins but i am also takiing a pill of vitamin b complex-- how do i know if i am takingh too much? I heard you can mess up your nerves and your kidneys by taking too much.

reply to alina:

A centrum vitamin does not come close to having enough vitamins in it to cause any problems. A centrum vitamin has the FDA minimum recomended amounts of vitamins, thats what that 100% means. Most research now shows for vitamins to be very effective you need 10 times the FDA 100%. As for b-vitamins, it would be very hard to over dose. The vitamin is water soluable, which means you will pass anything your body doesnt use out. B-vitamins have been used for years to help with many things, from depression to arthritis. Even at high dosage (2000mg or more) there has been no signs of side effects. I take a multi-vitamin once a day also. Getting a lot of one vitamin can cause deficiency in other vitamins, so if you on any B-vitamins, take a multi-vitamin too.

my update:

I have been of 2g/day for three full days now. Didnt have time to post updates over the weekend. Saturday i woke up with several new pimples, it really annoyed me. However, most were small and most are gone. The Good News!!... Today for the first time i can remember i woke up with no new pimples!!! And the older ones are clearing up as well. There are areas on my face that are now close to 100% clear. I have been on B-5 for just over a week now and the results are amazing. Oh, and oil production on my face has decreased also. Im going to stick with 2g/day for this week and then maybe up the dosage if needed. But the way it is looking now, i may not need too.

Today is my 12th day on B-5, and 5th day on it at 2g/day. So far still good results. I had two pimples come up yesterday. Both fairly small, infact one is already about gone. One on my forehead was a little larger. Other than that my face is looking good. Red marks are claaring pores are starting to look a little smaller. Ive always had a problem with blackheads on my nose, there are fewer of them as well. Today the oil production on my face is down a lot compared to what it normally is.

So B-5 really seems to be working for me.

Still going good. Had one small new pimple today. But over all my face is clear. Still a few red marks from a break out over the weekend, but they are all small adn not very noticable. Oil production is still down. My skin is still a little oily, but i would say its been cut in half at least. I used to have very oily skin, which i hated, so im as happy about this as i am about having less acne. Also i noticed the the pores on my face, especially my nose, are starting to get a little smaller.

Also im probably going to set up a website with pictures showing my progress. I will post it here.

Today is the two week mark! The results have been very good!

This morning at first look, i thought i had no new breakouts, but then at closer look i saw one small pimple on my cheek near my nose. Some areas on my face are 100% clear. There are still a lot of red marks in areas which had more breakouts and larger ones. But the red marks have been continually fading. Over all i would say my face is 80 - 85 percent more clear than it was when i started 2 weeks ago, considering pimples and red marks. As of pimples, i really only have 2 left, and they are healing. Oil production is noticable less now, hard to give a percentage though, but i would guess its about half of what it used to be. But my face is still oily, so i may increase dosage again tomorrow to 2.5g/day.

Day 15... I had a mild break out late yestday. 2 on my left cheek, and one under my nose. All are pretty small though.

The good news.. The left side of my face is for the first time in months, 100% clear of pimples. There are still some red marks, but even they are fading and not very noticable now. Oil production hasnt changed in the last few days. My face is still less oily then originally though. So today i up my dosage to 2.5 grams. I will take 1 pill 5 times a day. About 3 hours apart.

hi Nightlynx,

After reading your posts, I am interested to try the B-5 myself too. I have very oily skin....I am using BP 5% face wash, BP 5% cream, Alpha Hydroxy Toner and taking Doxycycline. The problem with this regime is that it drys my skin very badly, in the morning after I apply my makeup, my skin looks very flaky from the dryness sad.gif . However, couples hours later my skin gets very very oily again.....I go through about 5-7 sheets of those Clean&Clear Oil Absorbing sheets to remove the excess oil. ](*,)

I would love to try the B-5 and see what can it do for me!!! Where can I get this?? in health food stores?? or online??? thanks

Angela

Day 18.. Well over the weekend i increased my dosage to 3 grams per day. Late last week i had a small break out, several pimples, all on the left side of my face, the right side is very clear now. The ones on my left side are now fading red marks. My forehead is very clear too right now. I had no new breakouts this morning, and my face is looking good right now. The complexion of my skin is also starting to look better and smoother.

Since i went to 3 grams per day, oil production on my face has decreased even more.

If not for the breakout last week, my face probably would be 100% clear right now. But its still the best its been in a long time, and seems to be slowly improving every day.

Beginning of Day 20..

I thought i would explain my daily routine.

First thing in the morning, i wash my face with a gentle cleanser, right now im using Purpose. The immediately after i use Clean & Clear Continuous Cleanser (10% BP wash).

Then i take 1 gram of B-5 with breakfast.

With lunch i take 500mg of B-5 and one multi-vitamin.

Later in the afternoon i take another 1 gram of B-5 with a meal.

At night i take 500mg B-5 with food.

So this is 3 grams of B-5 throught the course of the day.

At night i wash my face with Clean & Clear Deep Pore Cleanser, which has small grains (feels like sand) to help open pores. Basically you are sanding your face to open pores. Right after that i wash again with Clean & Clear Continuous BP Cleanser, which can then get down into the pores. These two products work very well, and are similar to how Proactiv works.

Ive used these products for a while, and they always have helped. But with adding the B-5 its finally starting to make my skin very clear. The B-5 helps with my oil production, which washing alone would not do.

As of Day 20, the red marks are finally fading from last weeks break out. Some areas on my face are finally getting that smooth, clear look. biggrin.gif New pimples are definitly less frequent now.

If you want B5 to work at its full potential take 10g a day and stop using so many chemicals on your face! =) it is my belief that acne is an internal problem and will not be solved by simple topical chemicals. After years of struggling with acne I found my cure in taking 10g of b5 a day and washing morn and night with cetaphil gentle cleanser. Also if your taking b5 you should be excercising, I found says I dont excercise i'll get oily. If I take my morning dose of b5 then goto the gym or run i'll be nice and matte for the rest of the day.

cheers and good luck.

ok, its been a while since ive updated, but ive been experimenting with some things lately. I actually quit taking B-5 for a little while, but im back on it now.

A couple of weeks ago i started covering my entire face with 2.5% BP lotion at night, about 1 hour or more before bed. I continued to use the other cleansers also. So pretty much it was Dan's regimen. Within a few days my face really started to clear up. I began to wonder if the B-5 was helping or if it was worth it. So i decided to stop taking B-5. After a week my face was continuing to get clear, however the oil started to come back. I had forgotten how oily my skin was before i started taking B-5. So although my skin stayed clear, it was getting very very oily.

So now im back on B-5 to control the oil, and it does work for me. About 3 grams of B-5 per day really reduces oil production on my face.

But im still using the cleansers and BP lotion to keep clear.

Today i am 100% clear of active pimples!! biggrin.gif I cant even remember the last time i could say that. There are still some red spots that are fading, but over all, its looking good.

If you have oily skin i would highly recommend B-5.

I have the B-5 and I am taking it a little but I'm also using brevoxyl which is drying out my face terribly and I'm thinking maybe I need to go down to 2.5% instead of 4% which is what Brevoxyl has. Does anyone know if this will be a good idea?

I've been using pantothenic acid for over 6 months now and I've only had maybe three insignificant zits at most during this time and they quickly disappeared within 3 days. That's a huge improvement over the mild-moderate acne I had before taking vitamin B5.

The only thing I really regret is NOT HAVING FOUND OUT ABOUT PANTOTHENIC ACID SOONER!. Everyone should try it! It works wonders!

Check out this page: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze3f978/B5.html

...it tells you all about patothenic acid. If you really want to get rid of your acne you should really try vitamin B5.