Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneZapperBGone

Water: The medicine to cure acne. NO JOKE.

You know, I found the most simple cost effective solution and practically free medicine. Water. I battled acne since 16 up to 24. That's 8 freaking years and the most simple solution was that I wasn't drinking enough water. Now I rarely get acne and so do alot of my friends who thanked me for it. I discovered this by just experimenting. I remembered a time when I didn't drink soda but just water to avoid this cavity I had and I remember, I had clear skin temporarily. So now, I drink nothing but water. I'll cheat once in a while and drink soda or alcohol.

Every doctor state that you must drink a MINIMUM 8 glass of water a day. How much do you drink? Coffee (starbucks, a guarantee 2+ zits there), soda, tea, alcohol etc... They all contain caffeine, sugars, or alcohol which dehydrates your body and skin.

Here's my theory. Do you know what causes zits? You dead skin shedding inside the oil glands, and when they don't shed properly, it causes a blockage. A hydrated skin, caused by drinking plenty of water, naturally sheds itself because the hydrated dead skin (with water) do not mix with the oil in your pores and thus is pushed out via the chemical nature of oil and water repelling each other. My face still gets oily but I don't breakout at all. Even if I do, it's a little pinhead whitehead that's barely noticeable.

Guys and girls! Just try it for a month. It's virtually free, no side effects, no nothing. It's just water. It's time to put these useless chemicals and dermatologists out of work. I bet they know water is a cure but it'll put them out of business.

Also, tell me your results after a month of trying this on myspace's blog. Remember, drink at least 3 cups a day. I don't necessarily drink 8 glasses because that just bloats me and causes me to go to the bathroom every half hour. Just drink enough until your urine is clear.

Girls, you owe me a date for this one if you live in San Diego and are clear of zits after a month. www.myspace.com\suavesimon.

Let me know how everything goes. ROCK ON!

yea I already know this problem is I HATE water. Im on a stricly mtdew fluid drinking diet. I totally agree that drinking more water would help, maybe not eliminate, but definately help.

You know, I found the most simple cost effective solution and practically free medicine. Water. I battled acne since 16 up to 24. That's 8 freaking years and the most simple solution was that I wasn't drinking enough water. Now I rarely get acne and so do alot of my friends who thanked me for it. I discovered this by just experimenting. I remembered a time when I didn't drink soda but just water to avoid this cavity I had and I remember, I had clear skin temporarily. So now, I drink nothing but water. I'll cheat once in a while and drink soda or alcohol.

Every doctor state that you must drink a MINIMUM 8 glass of water a day. How much do you drink? Coffee (starbucks, a guarantee 2+ zits there), soda, tea, alcohol etc... They all contain caffeine, sugars, or alcohol which dehydrates your body and skin.

Here's my theory. Do you know what causes zits? You dead skin shedding inside the oil glands, and when they don't shed properly, it causes a blockage. A hydrated skin, caused by drinking plenty of water, naturally sheds itself because the hydrated dead skin (with water) do not mix with the oil in your pores and thus is pushed out via the chemical nature of oil and water repelling each other. My face still gets oily but I don't breakout at all. Even if I do, it's a little pinhead whitehead that's barely noticeable.

Guys and girls! Just try it for a month. It's virtually free, no side effects, no nothing. It's just water. It's time to put these useless chemicals and dermatologists out of work. I bet they know water is a cure but it'll put them out of business.

Also, tell me your results after a month of trying this on myspace's blog. Remember, drink at least 3 cups a day. I don't necessarily drink 8 glasses because that just bloats me and causes me to go to the bathroom every half hour. Just drink enough until your urine is clear.

Girls, you owe me a date for this one if you live in San Diego and are clear of zits after a month. www.myspace.com\suavesimon.

Let me know how everything goes. ROCK ON!

just so you know coffee is a natural anti-oxidant and in fact the dermatological association does not equate it with pimples. furthermore the nodues you are seeing are 2 weeks at least in the making so the coffee you drank yesterday is not likely the cause of your pimple today unless it is an allergy or food sensitivity.

Secondly you are forgetting the different components to acne. it is not mearly "flushing the system" a large number suffer from hormonal acne which can only be combatted by chemical intervention.

just some food for thought. drinking lots of water and tea is still a great idea but don't be surprised if you do it soley and don't see results. it won't work for everyone.

Hahahha, you're cute. But anyways, I've been sober from soda for 2 months and have been trying to drink lots of water but it hasn't really done anything. I will continue to though.

I've made mention of this on a couple of other member's pages too. I'm a huge advocate for drinking water. I don't consider this a cure, although after stopping all fluids except water (milk very occasionally) my acne (mild to moderate) has lessened drastically.

This won't work for everyone but I consider it worth a try. Of course drinking nothing but water has the added benefit of being very healthy for you. If not for your face, then for your health.

Personally, I've found that after having stopped about 7-8 months ago, I don't like drinking anything else!

Hahahha, you're cute. But anyways, I've been sober from soda for 2 months and have been trying to drink lots of water but it hasn't really done anything. I will continue to though.

I have been drinking only water for the past... humm I'd say year or so... I think it improves acne but for sure doesnt clear me. I wish it did!!! because I get free bottled water at my work and I drink it like crazy haha.

when i was hospitalised for a week, all they did was pump me full of fluids and my acne was almost gone after...hmmmm lol

when i was hospitalised for a week, all they did was pump me full of fluids and my acne was almost gone after...hmmmm lol

Hey, that same thing happened to me. I broke my leg in a car accident and spent 5 days in the hospital, 2 of them on morphine, and i noticed after a few days my acne completely cleared up. It didn't start to come back until I had been home for about 5 days. Anyone know? Would this mean that constantly drinking water to flush my system would indeed work to combat my acne?

lopey986, it was only when you returned home you re-started eating proteinaceous and hard-to-digest meals. That is pretty much why.

Water does help acne. BUT BE CAREFUL. It is possible to intoxicate yourself with water. It is unlikely if you are not on a low-sodium diet but all the same still possible. Google water poisoning/intoxication for information.

lopey986, it was only when you returned home you re-started eating proteinaceous and hard-to-digest meals. That is pretty much why.

Water does help acne. BUT BE CAREFUL. It is possible to intoxicate yourself with water. It is unlikely if you are not on a low-sodium diet but all the same still possible. Google water poisoning/intoxication for information.

yea I herd of this guy dying because he drank soo much water (it was a dare I think) that his body went into shock or somthing and he dyed, because it messes up your electrolites

drinking water will not cure your acne, I still broke out while drinking a minimum of 8 glasses a day ( usually more )

Water does not do a shit for my acne. I have been drinking alot of water ever since I was born. And now I drink 1 gallon of water everyday. My skin still breaks out. What I need is some topical retinoid and glycolic acid.

What has worked for you does not necessarily works for other people. I am sorry, but there is no cure for acne that is universally accepted. But I am glad that water has improve your skin condition.

water is overrated, just drink enough so you don't feel dehydrated, don't over do it thinking it's going to make a dramatic effect on pimples

:boohoo:

I just cut out sodas and whatnot. I don't care what anyone says, I aint giving up black coffee and beer. I have also not seen a corolation for those and acne in my diet.

Wierd thing is that Mt. Dew breaks me out horribly. I don't get it. Other sodas have a slighly smaller effect. I am now just used to ordering a tea or something when out to eat.

Anyways, water... I did that once. It actually worked pretty well. Just always keep a bottle nearby, and I did notice improvement in my skins clearness and moisture. It did take a month to show though. I didn't start drinking tons of water constantly to get clear, it was just a most welcome side-effect.

Water: The medicine to cure acne. NO JOKE. <--- yes joke :lol: . i don't wanna be all bashing but the whole thing about hormonal stuff is one reason and personally i drink at least 3 litres of water nearly everyday. i probably only have like 3 cans of pop a month and i don't drink juice because of all that sugar inside it. the only other think i actually drink is milk<-- actually i devour it :angel: and iuno sum booze wen im out wit da boyz lol which doesn't happen as often as it used to!

ALTHOUGH. that just me. but i seriously doubt it will help anyone with severe cystic acne like me.

You know what I think? I've drank only water for the last 5 years (I'm also a vegetarian and never touch junk food)... and I've never noticed a difference with the acne.

When I was 17, I tried drinking a gallon of water a day -- until my stomach would hurt. No change :(

I think your acne has gotten better or gone away because I think you are one of the lucky ones whose acne gets better or goes away at the age of 24. I keep reading on webpages... "if your acne does not go away by the age of 24, which it does for most people, then you will probably be one of the unlucky ones who has it for life :P"

Cure or not you should still drink enough water, which is around 8 glasses / 2 litres, every day.

Cure or not you should still drink enough water, which is around 8 glasses / 2 litres, every day.

true. it is important to maintain a balanced and hydrated diet whenever you can.

You don't have to drink just straight water tho. Tea (green especially or other herbal varieties) is a great infuser of water and helps alot.

The whole purpose of water is to cleanse the system. So you can add crystal lite to your water to make it taste better or my personal favorite, squeeze some fresh lemons (no sugar) for a tasty and refreshing drink!

Also V8 is tasty aaaaaand you get all your veggie servings.

What else...gatorade is good for fluid replenishment and electrolyte balance.

Soup! a great way to get water if you like campbells soup.

There are so many options!

and a little soda or coffee never hurt anyone unless you're diabetic or allergic. Just moderation as with everything! (even water..you CAN actually drink too much and die)

One thing about water is that many people don't drink enough even if they drink a lot and that the need for water increases as your calories increases and as your dehydration increases

A certain amount of water may be needed to be healthy but if you have been underdrinking for a long time you need more water than the normal recommended amount, to hydrate yourself properly

The normal guidelines for water are set by the National Health Council and they are based on calories

You need 1.5 ml for calorie consumed

So if you consume 2000 calories you need 100 oz of water

To put things into perspective this is almost 13 glasses of water

If you consume 2500 calories you need 124 oz of water

This is almost 16 glasses of water

If you consume 3000 calories you need 150 oz of water

We're talking about almost 19 glasses of water

Now keep in mind that these are the guidelines for healthy people, if you're dehydrated or don't drink much water to begin with you need MORE

of course if you attempt to drink all this water in one or two sittings you will hurt you, you need to drink water often every two to three hours

The dead skin is dissolved in the oil, not repelled out. I really like your idea of drinking more water though. With the hot weather nowadays and if you are active you need more water than you may think.

I noticed drinking a lot of water helped my skin.. but most recently I figured it may not actually be drinking the water that helps, but instead the lack of drinking milk because I wasn't thirsty.. a while ago I had a dairy day ha.. I had 2 ice cream sundaes and drank a lot of milk.. and the next two days I broke out badly! with the pimples that are big, red, painful, and never come to a head.. so now I have cut out all dairy.. haven't got a pimple in a few days :pray:...

I LOVE ICE CREAM.. I used to eat it pretty much every day.. but if cutting out the dairy will significantally improve my skin.. I will cut it ALL out.. It's sad the things I do to try to help my acne..

Oh boy.. by the time I have grown out of acne.. I will have the longest list of acne "cures" I have tried.. I already have a ton!