Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ProStealth

my face is burning

i started the regimen about a week or so ago, and it seems to be working. the only problem is that my face started to burn last night when i tried putting the bp on, so i had to wash it off. this morning also, after cleansing with the purpose bar, it burned and my face turned all red. i don't know what to do, because the regimen was working, and i don't want to stop at all. what should i do?

what i would do is quit the regimen for a few days for your face to reset and then start slowly back up. It usually isnt supposed to BURN (a little stinging occurs, from experience) but just be glad you have the possibility of doing the regimen without a red face all the time. im stuck with using benzoyl peroxide since i cant afford anything else sad.gif

PS: ive been on the regimen for nearly 3 months, and it doesnt work very good for me. but, with other people it works fantastic. ill never find something that works for my sensitive skin, and ive gotten so care-free of having acne i dont care what people think about me anymore. I just gave up on caring.

everyone else who has acne should do the same. (of course you should still try and treat it with the right treatment, like i am biggrin.gif)

dont worry the burning should sieze after a week or two, the first few days on the regiment my face burned so bad omg sad.gif it burned so bad my eyes watered sad.gif and my nose dripped like crazy and i got a stuffy nose but now 2 weeks later only mild stinging and things are all good biggrin.gif although it still burns and i hate it

When this happens to me I use lotion twice a day instead of once and be sure to wait the full 5 to 15 minutes before putting on the lotion.

shock.gif hehe I like that face.

Oh dear. I feel like I am the only one who hasnt experienced any redness. I feel the light burning when I put it on that goes away in an hour or two. I have been on the regimen for about 3 days now. Does the redness come in from day 1 or later on? God I hope I dont get the redness..