Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jpb123

clear face.... Cysts and nodules on neck?

So I started getting normal not to horrible acne when I was about 16. It started on my forehead and seemed to work its way down. I tried all the antibiotic prescriptions and they only seemed to help but not cure my problem.

I’m 21 now and my face is pretty much clear. I am on no prescriptions.. But my neck, chest, and back always have horrible cysts and nodules all over it.... My neck bothers me the worse because they are huge, red, and hurt like hell

I really don’t want to use accutaine or any prescription drugs if at all possible.... I sometimes wonder if I am allergic to something. I smoke cigarettes and all though I know allot of people who smoke and have clear skin I sometime wonder if this is causing my problem... I’m going to quit smoking to see if it helps.

Does anyone else have this problem? Clear face but cystic acne on neck, chest, and back. Any advice would be great.

So I started getting normal not to horrible acne when I was about 16. It started on my forehead and seemed to work its way down. I tried all the antibiotic prescriptions and they only seemed to help but not cure my problem.

I’m 21 now and my face is pretty much clear. I am on no prescriptions.. But my neck, chest, and back always have horrible cysts and nodules all over it.... My neck bothers me the worse because they are huge, red, and hurt like hell

I really don’t want to use accutaine or any prescription drugs if at all possible.... I sometimes wonder if I am allergic to something. I smoke cigarettes and all though I know allot of people who smoke and have clear skin I sometime wonder if this is causing my problem... I’m going to quit smoking to see if it helps.

Does anyone else have this problem? Clear face but cystic acne on neck, chest, and back. Any advice would be great.

this is exactly what i have man, aside from all the redmarks on my face, i dont have any more acne

but i have cystts and nodules all over my neck, 3 on my left side and 1 on my right

oh yea and i got chest and back acne problems

I know what you mean, I'm also 21 and my neck is killing me right now, since a couple of months. Never had that before. My face is pretty clear, an occasional blemish, but my neck is terrible, and so is part of my back. I don't know what's suddenly causing it, I don't smoke or anything. I'm doing the CSR on my neck now, but can only get 5%, so my neck isn't only full of nodules, but is also red and itchy. With me, I think it's a hormonal thing, the only thing I can think of is that I stopped using bc pills that I had specifically for the acne on my face, and the neck thing started. So I'm still figuring out the cause, and the solution.

Hey man,

well back when I was 18 I can remember having clear skin on my face but nodules on my back. Thats when I started smoking and for the next full year my acne basically burned itself out, I figure it must have been the smokes that were de-stressing me. When I decided to quit smoking, I was off them for 6 weeks and they where the worst 6 weeks of my life of which I might have scars to show for the rest of my life.

I'd obviously had occasional facial acne in the past but when I quit smoking it was bad. At first I wasnt too worried, but then another cyst and then another, I didnt know when it was going to stop. It went on for months and they where getting bigger and appearing in worse places. Then when sitting wondering what the hell had caused this all of a sudden I realised the only thing I'd changed in my lifestyle was quitting smoking. So I started again and tried not to stress about things and i've not had a serious cyst again in over 8 months, and I dont care that smoking is very harmful ... I figure, I'll keep smoking until the acne stops maybe in a year or 2 and quit again. I'm addicted to smoking but If I didnt have acne, I wouldnt be smoking, its the only thing I know thats stopped my cystic acne so i'll not be stopping agian for a while.

So there you have it, I can only assume that quitting the smokes caused my problem but if you try to give up, the very best of luck.

Hey man,

well back when I was 18 I can remember having clear skin on my face but nodules on my back. Thats when I started smoking and for the next full year my acne basically burned itself out, I figure it must have been the smokes that were de-stressing me. When I decided to quit smoking, I was off them for 6 weeks and they where the worst 6 weeks of my life of which I might have scars to show for the rest of my life.

I'd obviously had occasional facial acne in the past but when I quit smoking it was bad. At first I wasnt too worried, but then another cyst and then another, I didnt know when it was going to stop. It went on for months and they where getting bigger and appearing in worse places. Then when sitting wondering what the hell had caused this all of a sudden I realised the only thing I'd changed in my lifestyle was quitting smoking. So I started again and tried not to stress about things and i've not had a serious cyst again in over 8 months, and I dont care that smoking is very harmful ... I figure, I'll keep smoking until the acne stops maybe in a year or 2 and quit again. I'm addicted to smoking but If I didnt have acne, I wouldnt be smoking, its the only thing I know thats stopped my cystic acne so i'll not be stopping agian for a while.

So there you have it, I can only assume that quitting the smokes caused my problem but if you try to give up, the very best of luck.

Well I used to smoke like a pack a day and it isn’t helping my acne... Smoking really doesn’t relieve stress for me. If I am feeling stressed and have a smoke all it does is raise my heart rate even more.... I will see what happens in the next 2 weeks without smoking...

But this isn’t really about smoking..... How do I get rid of these bastards on my neck!! Without prescription drugs. Has anyone done it?