Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pixxiechixxie

Need advice from the liver/intestine experts

So this isn't acne related, but I know a few of you on here and very knowledgable when it comes to the liver/gastrointestinal system.

A week ago now, I changed my diet and everything has been going really well! My stomach has felt a lot better, my skin has cleared up really well, and everything's been great! Well, this evening, no so great. I'm sorry if this is totally gross, but I have really bad diarrhea and it seems that from what I can tell, I'm finally getting rid of food from days ago. For a long time before I changed my diet, I was not at all "regular." In fact, I would go days without having a movement. Could my new diet be cleansing my system out and finally releasing everything, or am I lacking an essential nutrient in my diet? Perhaps I just have a bug?

Any input would be greatly appreciated as this is not very pleasant!

Thanks! :sick:

same thing happened to me when I changed my diet. It went on like that for 4 days straight. 3rd day was the toughest. In the end I had a movement of pure BLACK (crayola black) sludge come out of me. My severe cystic acne is now almost totally gone now.

Wow that's intense. Do you know what the sludge was? Did you do anything to help alleviate the side effects of it, other than drink more water?

The fact that you never used to be "regular" on a SBD/SAD etc. is likely because your diet contained too much toxic substances that inhibit bowel movement e.g. wheat and dairy.

Now, I see you have eliminated both of those so it is perfectly normal to be more regular now.

Regards diarrhea, either this will pass or if not lower fibre intake. Worst scenario is that you may be intolerant to something else in your diet.

I didn't have the same experience when I changed my diet, but I've suffered from constipation for 11 years (I'm 20 years old!). The thing that has worked great for me is psyllium and betonite shakes (PB shakes). I've used a lot of laxatives both traditional and "natural" and I've seen the best results with the PB shakes, combined with my diet change. I definitely suggest trying it if you haven't already- there are a ton of topics on this forum about PB shakes. Good luck!!!

I didn't have the same experience when I changed my diet, but I've suffered from constipation for 11 years (I'm 20 years old!). The thing that has worked great for me is psyllium and betonite shakes (PB shakes). I've used a lot of laxatives both traditional and "natural" and I've seen the best results with the PB shakes, combined with my diet change. I definitely suggest trying it if you haven't already- there are a ton of topics on this forum about PB shakes. Good luck!!!

Think you read the post wrong. Diarrhea and constipation are opposite :doh:

Anyway in the case of constipation, as with all things medical, it is best to TREAT THE CAUSE AND NOT THE SYMPTOMS. Flushing out with fibre is not the answer. Simply cut down on crap/proteinaceous/binding food. Too much fibre over-works your digestive system.

I damaged my insides by using fibre supplements/"flushing" techniques, which have made me sensitive to fibre. It's only after months of low-fibre dieting that now I am starting to improve.

High-fibre MAY seem to give temporary relief of constipation and acne but long-term it will not help and can cause serious damage.

Prevention is better than "cure". Always. Especially if the cure is temporary.

By the way remember4, I just "read about your regimen" and you must spend a fortune on supplements most of which WILL NOT help your acne. You have been mislead somewhere along the line.

So this isn't acne related, but I know a few of you on here and very knowledgable when it comes to the liver/gastrointestinal system.

A week ago now, I changed my diet and everything has been going really well! My stomach has felt a lot better, my skin has cleared up really well, and everything's been great! Well, this evening, no so great. I'm sorry if this is totally gross, but I have really bad diarrhea and it seems that from what I can tell, I'm finally getting rid of food from days ago. For a long time before I changed my diet, I was not at all "regular." In fact, I would go days without having a movement. Could my new diet be cleansing my system out and finally releasing everything, or am I lacking an essential nutrient in my diet? Perhaps I just have a bug?

Hey Pixxiechixxie.

If you weren't a "regular" and you now changed your diet you may find that you get what you have happening now. My mother's friend would get constipated for days, she lived on soda and processed foods. When she started to drink regular fruit and veggie smoothies she was on the toilet none stop. Diet has been my acne clearing, more energy saver. That's great your skin is starting to clear up :)

What does your diet contain?

What does your diet contain?

This is kind of a typical day:

Breakfast:

Non-wheat cereal with soy milk and either blueberries or a banana on top

OR

Eggs and non-wheat toast with apple butter and fresh fruit

Lunch:

Some sort of vegetables or fruit

Try to incorporate some protein in there somewhere

Dinner:

Thai food with tofu

OR

Sauteed vegetables with tofu

OR

Fish with vegetables

Snacks:

Non wheat/gluten/dairy/egg chocolate chip cookies

Fruits

Nuts

Veggies

Then all of the supplements I take you can see in my signature :)

omg sounds ultra health try to include some chicken maybe?

But yeah you should be ok with that diet i see nothing wrong... if you still got the same problem in a few days see a doctor.

I had the same problem with B5 i was only taking 3g a day and a broccomax pill of 500mg with my normal diet + added fruit and just drinking water... once i went like 4 times in an hour and then after that outburst i was smooth from then on and my face cleared up big time!

Now all i have is two scabs on my cheek which will go away in time.

Hope it works for you!

I damaged my insides by using fibre supplements/"flushing" techniques, which have made me sensitive to fibre. It's only after months of low-fibre dieting that now I am starting to improve.

High-fibre MAY seem to give temporary relief of constipation and acne but long-term it will not help and can cause serious damage.

Prevention is better than "cure". Always. Especially if the cure is temporary.

By the way remember4, I just "read about your regimen" and you must spend a fortune on supplements most of which WILL NOT help your acne. You have been mislead somewhere along the line.

If you went ahead and upped your fiber from 10g a day to 30 overnight, I could see how your intestines could be damaged. You have to slowly let them adjust or you run into problems. But honestly man, a high fiber diet is not bad. Serious damage? What about the damage you get from food fermenting and rotting in the pockets of your colon from low fiber/high animal product diet?

Glad your diet is working! I am gonna try a liver flush to but scared of breaking out from it...alot of acne is caused by poor digestion. i took for a while a supplement called betaine hcl (it is hydrochloric acid). This is what we have in our stomach that helps digest food. When I took one of these with every meal I pooped after very meal. The more we let go in that way, the clearer our skin. You can get these supplements from a company called superior health on the internet. Also, psyllium husk powder a spoon in a cup of water a day will keep you regular (from the health food store). It sounds like you are really regular now! but just to make sure you stay regular and then you wont suddenly have a huge response of letting go when stimulated differently like what happened. Hopefuly your tummy will calm down soon. Peppermint tea helps. :)

This is kind of a typical day:

Breakfast:

Non-wheat cereal with soy milk and either blueberries or a banana on top

OR

Eggs and non-wheat toast with apple butter and fresh fruit

Lunch:

Some sort of vegetables or fruit

Try to incorporate some protein in there somewhere

Dinner:

Thai food with tofu

OR

Sauteed vegetables with tofu

OR

Fish with vegetables

Snacks:

Non wheat/gluten/dairy/egg chocolate chip cookies

Fruits

Nuts

Veggies

Then all of the supplements I take you can see in my signature :)

I'd suggest it's gonna be difficult to stick to something like that over a long period of time. I tried the ultra healthy route and just ended up driving myself nuts. If i were you i'd just eat normally, but making sure you get a decent amount of fruit/veg and avoiding too much junk. Everyone goes on about wheat/gluten/dairy/food-combining etc, but none of it made the slightest bit of difference for me. I thought it did, for ages i thought it did, but when you get caught up in the whole diet thing it's difficult to see the woods for the trees.

So yeah, i'd just suggest sensible, normal, healthy eating. But then i'm no expert ;)