Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, the topic says it all... First, what is/are your PH levels? What does it mean? What should they be at? What helps to make them normal?? Also, any other info I should know about it... Thanks

google "skin ph"

answer in oh 30 seconds instead of the 1 hour and 40+ minutes between your post and mine.

Thanks for the reply... I did as you said... Now, I have hair eczema, so I'm assuming my PH levels are very high from what I read... The only thing I use at night is Jojoba Oil... Besides that, I use nothing else.. How can I get my PH levels back up??? What can I use... I've only been using the jojoba oil for about 3 weeks. It was ok for the first 2 weeks, but now I seem to be breaking out alittle and have little bumps all over my cheeks and especially around my nose and under my eyes. Now, the left side under my eye has been puffy ever since I started getting this dry skin/eczema. I had a biopsy done, so I know it's hair eczema... I know it's wierd, but it is what it is.. Anyhow, anything would help.... Thanks... :wall:

Oh yeah, that biopsy also said that I had yeast spores, which is a yeast infection on my face.. I know it's nasty, but i guess my face was that dry.. I thought I would add that.. I've tried tons of lotions and creams.. None work or they irritated my skin.... I haven't tried Sarna yet, and I've heard alot about it... So, I'm sticking with the jojoba oil. It's wierd, I'm 23 right now, and this just started about 10 months ago... From about 16-20, I've had very oily skin, then from 20-22, it was normal, then from 22-to now, forget about it.. I'm italian if that helps... Any advice is grateful, as I feel I'm going insane... Thanks.. :wall:

Chemistry less, for those interested: pH (written with lowercase p) is an abbreviation... something like "per hydrogen." It refers to the number of H+ (hydrogen) ions (in other words a proton) present in an aqueous solution. The more H+ ions, the lower the pH. The scale goes from 0.0 to 14.0. Lower pH (0.0-6.9) is "acidic" while high pH (7.1-14.0) is "alkaline" or "basic." Alkaline solutions have higher concentrations of OH- (hydroxide) ions... if the numbers of OH- ions and H+ ions are equal, the pH of the solution is 7.0 (pure water). The closer the number to an end of the spectrum, the more dangerous and reactive it is. Quantitatively, pH = log [# of moles H+/volume of solution (L)]

Practically speaking, your skin has a slightly acidic pH. Alkaline cleansers (soaps) are harmful to skin (not dangerous, though... just because they react with the top layer of your skin... Acid + Base = Reaction, because H+ and OH- like to make water together... equimolar quantities of vinegar [acetic acid] and baking soda [sodium bicarbonate] make water, CO2, and salt). If your skin is too acidic then try a soap. If it's too alkaline, use a soap-free cleanser. There are also systemic antifungal drugs, like fluconazole (brand name Diflucan).

Chemistry less, for those interested: pH (written with lowercase p) is an abbreviation... something like "per hydrogen." It refers to the number of H+ (hydrogen) ions (in other words a proton) present in an aqueous solution. The more H+ ions, the lower the pH. The scale goes from 0.0 to 14.0. Lower pH (0.0-6.9) is "acidic" while high pH (7.1-14.0) is "alkaline" or "basic." Alkaline solutions have higher concentrations of OH- (hydroxide) ions... if the numbers of OH- ions and H+ ions are equal, the pH of the solution is 7.0 (pure water). The closer the number to an end of the spectrum, the more dangerous and reactive it is. Quantitatively, pH = log [# of moles H+/volume of solution (L)]

Practically speaking, your skin has a slightly acidic pH. Alkaline cleansers (soaps) are harmful to skin (not dangerous, though... just because they react with the top layer of your skin... Acid + Base = Reaction, because H+ and OH- like to make water together... equimolar quantities of vinegar [acetic acid] and baking soda [sodium bicarbonate] make water, CO2, and salt). If your skin is too acidic then try a soap. If it's too alkaline, use a soap-free cleanser. There are also systemic antifungal drugs, like fluconazole (brand name Diflucan).

Are you a chemist? I jsut wanna ask...are there any skin which are too alkaline? Because if your skin is too alkaline, isn't that it means you are not human? I am sorry. I think I might be limited with what I know. because what I know is normally, our skin is qbot 3.5-5.5 pH level. Just curious :) Enlighten me please.

trying usign ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) it helps to neutralize your skin and even your hair. It helps balance the pH of your face .. i read putting it in your hair will make your hair shiney and bring life to it and putting it no your face helps with redmarks/brown marks and oil.

trying usign ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) it helps to neutralize your skin and even your hair. It helps balance the pH of your face .. i read putting it in your hair will make your hair shiney and bring life to it and putting it no your face helps with redmarks/brown marks and oil.

Where can I get the ACV from? Also, do I drink it or apply it to my face. From what I've read about it, you drink it, not apply it to your face..... thanks...

Guest nec77

you apply it to your face. drinking has many benefits too. you buy the stuff at any grocery store.

I can still use it if I'm usig jojoba oil????? Also, there aren't any side effects right, because I only want to use it because I have hair eczema/dry skin and I really feel my ph levels are low b/c of the dry/rough skin.. And, I don't use any soap, and never really have ever used any before. Thankssss