Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KanadaBoy

1st Time Regimener

Week 1 - Day 1

Ok so I biked, yes biked cause i have no liscence or car :cry: to London Drugs (kinda pharmecy/drug store) and got some supplies, I bought them and then went out relizing I had no BP I left bag by my bike outside and went back in to buy the BP, come out and behold...some dirty lil theif stole my bag of supplies :wall::wall: ....not my bike at least so I guess i can take it.

So the supplies I'm using are

Morning

1.Shower using Dove soap on face

2. Dry face by patting, nice and gently

3. Apply Neutrogena On-the-Spot BP

4. Wait 10-15 min (seems to take forever to absorb into my skin)

5. Apply Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion

6. Go out the door hoping for the best.

Night

Pretty much the same, if its late and about to sleep I dont use the moisturizer because I sleep face down :confused: and its really grose on pillow all nite :lol:

So as for Day 1 Results, I dont have camera so I dont have anything to compare except myself hehe

Forehead: has bumps across, mostly small little ones with exception of a larger red one on top left

Nose: has a few blackheads and a red mark thats from my picking (dont worry Ive stopped that completly with new regimen)

Cheeks: have always been my strongpoint, they have few bumps that are hard to see thats about it

Chin: is same as forhead maybe better slightly (no red marks)

Overall: its pretty much same as always

Hey quick question, is BP suppose to make skin sting or I'm not sure how to describe it but it just feels overall a little bit touchy/sensitive right now

Im not using to much, Im using a the amount shown to start with, and Ive used products with BP in it before so I dunno :confused:

Hi KanadaBoy,

That stinks your stuff got stolen!!!

But at least you were able to start the CSR anyway.

Yea, your skin will feel a bit irritated at the beginning of using BP. That is normal and should subside over time.

http://www.acne.org/faq.html#itch

Just go slow using the bp, by starting out with a small amount and take a few weeks to work up to the full generous amount (2 squiggly lines of N on-the-spot).

Good luck with the Regimen, and don't hesitate to holler if you need any help!

Hey, I guess 1 thing I could use help/advice with

Im using the cetaphil moisturizer and can already see that it leaves my skin looking oily/greasy for hours after I use it. (I did first regimen washing well over 4 hours ago and my skin still looks oily) Should I just use alot less? or is there a different moisturizer that doesnt do that

Week 1 - Day 2

Woke up and walked the plank to the mirror :lol: and it was not much results but the overall redness and amount of little ones on my forehead have subsided so things are lookin good

Status : Cautiously Optomistic (ive read what happens around week end of week 1 and thru week 2)

You'll be fine man. My face looked like hell when I stopped using the CSR after a while, so I started it again and after a week or so my face is 95% clear.

Hey, I guess 1 thing I could use help/advice with

Im using the cetaphil moisturizer and can already see that it leaves my skin looking oily/greasy for hours after I use it. (I did first regimen washing well over 4 hours ago and my skin still looks oily) Should I just use alot less? or is there a different moisturizer that doesnt do that

you want to use only as much moisturizer for your face to feel 'normal. No need to slather it on if you don't need that much. For me, I only need to use about a pea-sized dab of Cetaphil moisturizer per each side of my face. So yea, you might need to decrease the amount you are using if you look pretty greasy.

You can also blot off the shine, by gently pressing a clean napkin or blotting sheet onto your shiny areas and lift straight off. The shine will be gone.

dove soap might be too harsh for youskin, maybe you should try one of the recommended cleansers.

I also had trouble with the cetaphil moisturizer. i switched to aveeno ultracalming which is oil free. try it out

hey, the dove soap is perfect, I think its the dove regular, it feels nice and has never left my skin dry or peeling or anything bad before, and I cut the moisturizer down today by like 10 times lol, as for results

Week 1 - Day 3

One new one or maybe an old one just surfaced on the top right of my forehead, pretty red but its not unusual so its ok.

Week 1 - Day 4

Ok just finished morning regimen and I think Ive got the perportions of BP:Moisturizer perfect now, as for results I'll do a little mini update on parts of face

Forehead: Theres about 4 maybe 5 red ones and all those little bumbs are dieing out beautifully, I guess its a trade off, but I like it (less zits overall)

Nose: The red mark complelty gone and didnt leave scar or anything bad, looks pretty good, not perfectly clear tho.

Cheeks: Can't complain, they still look pretty good, not sure theres been a huge difference on them, but I guess no news is good news :D

Chin: My chin must be learning from the cheeks cause its becoming very clear, only few bumbs maybe one whitehead (not very red tho :) )

So overall my forehead is furthest from clear, chin and nose are getting there

Week 1 - Day 5

Ok soo woke up today and the 4 or so on my forehead were not healed or any better :wall:, I did morning application and just looked in mirror 20 min ago and the middle 2 on forehead were way less red, the outside two are stubborn but I just gotta have faith in BP :pray:

Have job interview today at grocery store, as cachier or customer service so Im hoping acne isnt gonna hold me back from the job but if it does then I dont wanna work there anyway :razz::lol:

Status : Not as confident in regimen :doubt: , but Its got at least 3 more weeks before I dump it

Week 1 - Day 6 :) (starting to use smileys to show how day was)

Ok, had work at around 9ish so I skipped the morning regimen because there was no way i wanted to be sweating white all day... :snooty::lol: went well, got home and washed face cleanse, bp, all that stuff, went out for few hours pissed around, got back and just washed up again at 8:30.

Up to 1 finger of BP

My Cheeks are flawless other then one red mark, chin is mediocre as is forhead, nose also is doing well only 1 whitehead thats dieing.

Overall Status : Confidence in regimen restored, skin feels silky and smooth, but musnt touch :naughty:

Week 1 - Day 7 :):)

Hey, so week 1 draws to a close. Job interview went well Brandy :dance:

Thoughts of my first week

• Still had breakouts, but Id say the recovery time is halfed only took 2 days to clear forehead of red marks
  • The Benzoil Peroxide never overdried my face, im up to just past 1 fingers worth of N-On-The-Spot
  • Overall Id say my face is about 50% better, all areas are better, but forehead, and chin still have a moderate amount of bumps. Nose just has a few black heads and a fading red mark
  • If progress continues I'll be damn nere clear by school :thumbsup::dance:

As for todays little mini update, I bought some cetaphil cleanser, was waiting tell I finished off my proactiv cleanser bottle. The cetaphil cleanser is a little weird lol, its kind feels of runny/watery but it worked fine and did its job :D

Week 1 - Day 7 mini update

Did AM and PM wash, but just now at about 9 took shower and am not re-applying, I just feel like my skin has been covered with creams and moisturezers for past week and gonna take a break this nite

But i did have PM wash on since 5 so i think ill be good (famous last words :P)

Week 2 - Day 1 :)

Sry missed it yesterday but nothing changed, maybe a little improvement but no real difference

Week 2 - Day 2 :D:lol::dance:

Went to amusement park today was tons of fun lots of laughs, i missed my morning bp and stuff cause i didnt want the white sweat, still no major breakouts, one new red mark under my nose and above my lips, not that bad yet tho

Week 2 - Day 3 :|

K still no major breakouts, got a little red mark on inside top of nose

But one thing is the bumps on my forehead arnt surfacing yet but are definatly alot more risen up, looks kinda weird hope they go away fast

Week 2 - Day 4 :doubt::confused::doubt::confused:

Ok, so it hasnt made a turn for the worse, but Im not sure any progress is being made AT ALL, i mean theres a little difference but its such an up and down thing Im not sure if this is working or what my skin normally does.... I will stick with it for a while but kinda agrovating :wall: [/endrant]

Week 2 - Day 3 :|

K still no major breakouts, got a little red mark on inside top of nose

But one thing is the bumps on my forehead arnt surfacing yet but are definatly alot more risen up, looks kinda weird hope they go away fast

Week 2 - Day 4 :doubt::confused::doubt::confused:

Ok, so it hasnt made a turn for the worse, but Im not sure any progress is being made AT ALL, i mean theres a little difference but its such an up and down thing Im not sure if this is working or what my skin normally does.... I will stick with it for a while but kinda agrovating :wall: [/endrant]

Keep hanging in there!

One caution though, skipping BP applications will slow down your progress. It is essential to do this religiously to get the clearing you want.

also, one bit of advice.....if you have oily skin, Cetaphil cleanser might not clean your skin very well. I tried it and hated it. I think you would do better with the Dove you were originally using, or else either Purpose bar or Purpose gentle cleanser, or the CSR cleanser. Anything but Cetaphil, unless you typically have dry/sensitive skin.

Week 2 - Day 5 :D:D

Happy Day!! My forehead has fewer bumps and the ones that are there are much much smaller, rubbing my hand across forehead i can feel the bumps arnt even half as raised as they were...Hurray for regimen :clap::clap:

And to Brandy, I use the dove method for morning clean after shower and cetaphil at night, it feels a little weird but it hasnt made really caused excessive oil yet, but if it does the garbage is only 2 feet away :lol:

Status: Getting some good results, confident this regimen is doing something

Week 2 - Day 6 :)

Sooo not much news for this day when I went to bed I used alot of BP almost the 2 fingers full

Week 2 - Day 7 :S

I woke up today and I had ALOT of dry skin so I think I didnt moisturize enough or to much BP, in any case its just dry skin I havnt had breakout in a while.

Week 3 - Day 1

Yesterday at nite I had to wash out the BP, my skin felt like it was on fire and I added more and more moisturizer but it wasnt helping, so I washed it out, which hurt about 10 times more for a minute, anyways on to today

Today I didn't do the morning application, I just did the night one with less, I was using just short of two full fingers, Im now down do 1 and a quarter. I understand completly that skipping is slowing my progress down but I am making progress so overall Im still quite confident this is working :)

Since its new week ill do a face update (gonna go look in mirror right now :lol:)

Ok here we go

Forehead:Is still the worst :wall: its not red (which is use to be) but there are these stupid lil bumps that arent blackheads or whiteheads in alot of places they are just like my skin risen up its so agrovating. Its not THAT noticeable from a lil ways away.

Nose:Second worst. 3 Red marks and some blackheads, Id say visually the worst but in terms of numbers its not that bad

Cheeks:Still doing good, have some blackheads as you get closer in towards the nose :(

Chin:One whitehead thats tucked under lip a lil so very hard to see :) but I have those same bumps my forehead has there, if someone could shed some light on what they are thatd be great :D

Its been a while probably beggining of week 4 or later

Well, I havnt been doing morning application but I keep my face clean and put on BP in the eveneing, i dont put it on in the morning because for last week or more ive been out and about and going to gym and playing soccer and just dont want to deal with the burning white sweat :evil: .

Overall : still making slow progress (i kno its cause i only do once a day application)

My forehead still is behind, those small bumbs are even smaller now, yay! But I have gotten two big red zits above right eye just above eyebrow, one died quickly so theres a fading red mark and a pretty harsh red zit. Theres also one big big red zit in my hairline on the top left side, when the BP is on tho its actually a nice concealer id say because it makes the redness like half of what it usually is :D:D

My cheek has one noticiable zit, left side, no biggie i can deal with it :cool:

Nose, well its got 2 lil itty bitty red zits, they didnt ever swell up and are already shrinking and dieing, and some blackheads overall.

And the chin, im not sure its maid any improvement, looks the same if not worse. but what i did notice was this has been the only area i picked at since i started. Lol i couldnt control myself i had to :shifty: , oh well i think weve all done it

So Im movin along, Id say its not the BEST my skins been ever but its on a high, those lil bumps on my forehead were a big problem so now that there fading im super happy :dance::dance:

Ill continue with the regimen for some time if progress like this continues