Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

You said earlier, "At least 2 of those things are ridiculous". Which Ones are they? Is it the Yoga & Meditation? Yes stress definitely has nothing to do with acne [/sarcasm] How about being specific?

American diets suck and if so many americans are eating healthy why are there so many health problems in the USA? A majority is overweight. Don't lecture me on how healthy average americans are. If they do know what is healthy, then they wouldn't be eating so much garbage and ending up with so many health problems.

Sure a minority of people know what is healthy, but they aren't in the majority

YOU CURED YOUR ACNE IN ONE DAY! --What was that yesterday lol?

YOU MUST BE TEN YEARS OLD. -YESTERDAY you joined acne.org, TODAY you have THE CURE FOR ACNE.

please dont make gay posts anymore, please shun this message board and report back in three months after following this strict regimen and report how you're doing, Thanks.

Go megadose B-5 loser :D

LMFAO, like i said though..

"YOU CURED YOUR ACNE IN ONE DAY! --What was that yesterday lol?

YOU MUST BE TEN YEARS OLD. -YESTERDAY you joined acne.org, TODAY you have THE CURE FOR ACNE.

please dont make gay posts anymore, please shun this message board and report back in three months after following this strict regimen and report how you're doing, Thanks."

Someone who is taking toxic levels of B-5 and giving themselves permanent health problems is criticizing a lifestyle change.

It's funny because you've probably been mega-dosing B-5 a while now and got little to no results. Why? Because you aren't determined enough to follow a decent diet / lifestyle. When you are bald & have mental problems(already setting in it seems) etc. then we will see what works better. A diet change or overdosing on pills which isn't even as good as accutane.

If B-5 is so great, why do you rummage through the forums and flame posts that work better than what you're doing? Is it jealousy i'm detecting?

Way to make friend around here running_bear. Do you act this way at school?

You have no right to be judging people who take B5 in any amount. Also nobody had to "rummage" to find this post, it's new and still at the top.

We only flame stupid posts made by people so that others are't sucked into the vortex of stupidity that comes from NOOBS like you.

I figured I would share with everyone the diet I have followed and IS working. Immediate results(same day even).

Multivitamin & zinc gluconate supplement when you wake up, don't take anything else(including vitamin supplements)

Keep your fiber intake at around 25 grams, no less. This means eating flaxseed etc. as snacks. Once you wake up, have a tablespoon, and before you go to sleep. This helps control the insulin response(hormones that produce acne).

So you need about 6 table spoons a day or more of this.

During big meals, drink down some metamucil that contains psyllium husk. 2 glasses per day.

Eat in small portions, if you eat 2 pieces of toast in the morning, eat one.

Drink 6 cups minimum of green tea(the kind you brew) per day evenly spaced.

Eat 20% less calories than you are now in a day.

Also, stay away from food high on the glycemic index, stay away from dairy and highly processed foods. Cookies etc. are no good, at least until your acne is under control. Stay away from animal products that contain hormones(all meat products). Seafood is ok

Do yoga and meditation, yoga when you wake up, meditation before you sleep. This helps control stress which can trigger acne.

When you go to sleep, don't use covers.

Good advice.

Yoga is certainly a beneficial stress relief mechanism :)

I find the claim that all dermatologists are keeping people medicated for the money ridiculous. I am from the UK where medical treatment is free for the most part. I do not know how doctors and dermatologists are remunerated but it isn't from patients paying charges directly to them unless they see one privately. You can't even see a dermatologist unless you get a referral. If you use the NHS, prescription charges are also standardised and paid to the government. Yet acne treatment still remains broadly the same. When diet has been proven to be related to conditions e.g. heart disease, diabetes, strokes, cirrosis (I know I spelt it wrong) this has been recognised and the appropriate dietary advice given by doctors. The problems associated with obesity is well recognised and appropriate dietary advice given. There is no reason for the medical community to only lie to acne sufferers. The reason that they don't recommend dietary change is because the link hasn't been proven in the eyes of the general medical community. You may disagree with their conclusion and try your own solution, but that doesn't make them scam artists.

THAT MAKES THEM DOUCHEWADS.

I'm going to have to take a guess and say only douchewads would even use that word. You are nothing but a cynical troll on this forum and take pleasure in constantly criticizing those who post here.

You need to find a new hobby...

I'm going to have to take a guess and say only douchewads would even use that word. You are nothing but a cynical troll on this forum and take pleasure in constantly criticizing those who post here.

You got me pegged. I'm going to get cynical when people come here and start posts that have been posted already hundreds of times. Douchewads is awesome FTW. I hope you don't belong to the group that thinks it's real cool to re-hash stuff all day on here. Douchewad FTW.....

You got me pegged. I'm going to get cynical when people come here and start posts that have been posted already hundreds of times. Douchewads is awesome FTW. I hope you don't belong to the group that thinks it's real cool to re-hash stuff all day on here. Douchewad FTW.....

Wow since when do people argue about stupid things like acne, I could understand politics but this is just wierd. I always thought the people here had more courtesy than this, I guess not. You know what's funny though is how you're complaining about people posting the same crap over and over again but you're the ones keeping this thread alive. If you would have just said nothing it probably would have disappeared in a few days.

p.s. I haven't seen a thread like this yet so a lot of it was new to me :)

wouldn't have been new had you searched FTW

I wouldn't have even known what to search for I was just browsing through the posts because I was looking for natural cures for acne. Now that I've read this one I can search other topics about green tea and acne and fun stuff like that. So this thread helped me out a lot.

Guest Stu :-)

Just thinking case, do you think that these repeat questions will ever stop? You have to kinda wonder... Don't get me wrong im not having a go at you. Think how many more noobs are going to yet come to this board and ask that SAME question.. worrying isn't it :lol: and of course these "noobs" or who ever ask these questions in search for help and get a cynical/pessismistic or cocky response waiting for them. As if Acne isn't enough to deal with as well. :doubt:

There are other alternatives that completely bypass this whole issue and makes life easier for everyone else, and more importantly for you!

Im not going to take the piss explaing them, but try and use them like everyone else does...

take it easy mate

Stu

Casenickels, you are such an idiot it's unbelievable.

If the same thing never got posted twice, this forum would not exist. It would be dead.

Besides, no one wants to read through 50 pages of the same thread to see the same question answered over and over.

Until you have tried this method, don't bash it. People come here and write up posts so you can see how they helped their acne, and try to help other people (like your dumb ass) and all you do is bash about it being the same thing over and over? You're making yourself look dumb. End of story. I know that I for one, dont want to read through 50 different threads to get all the information I can find on this single thread.

Looks like a good way to stop acne, but I'll be the first to admit I don't have the patience to try something like this. I wish you the best of luck with your new lifestyle. Thanks for sharing it.

EDIT:: By the way, if you want to bash someone, bash them for asking a question that can be answered through search. Not making a thread that can be found through search. Idiot.

Casenickels, you are such an idiot it's unbelievable.

If the same thing never got posted twice, this forum would not exist. It would be dead.

Besides, no one wants to read through 50 pages of the same thread to see the same question answered over and over.

Until you have tried this method, don't bash it. People come here and write up posts so you can see how they helped their acne, and try to help other people (like your dumb ass) and all you do is bash about it being the same thing over and over? You're making yourself look dumb. End of story. I know that I for one, dont want to read through 50 different threads to get all the information I can find on this single thread.

Looks like a good way to stop acne, but I'll be the first to admit I don't have the patience to try something like this. I wish you the best of luck with your new lifestyle. Thanks for sharing it.

EDIT:: By the way, if you want to bash someone, bash them for asking a question that can be answered through search. Not making a thread that can be found through search. Idiot.

1- Were not talking about something being posted twice here, were talking about some things being posted hundreds of times. No updates on progress, or simple "here's my method", just fluff. The forum would not be dead, but instead be full of poeple offering new ideas (and other content) based on research, common sense, and provable methods.

2- You right that people don't want to read though 50 pages to see the same question answered over and over, this is a point I'm a trying to make. They would'nt have to if there were fewer of them that contained good information, it's already hard enough for a noob to find the answers to questions they have. That's why they come and make new threads re-hashing old stuff, which makes it harder to find what they need.

3- You say you personally don't want to read through 50 different threads to get all the information you can find on "This" single thread. That's ridiculous because this thread will join all the old threads soon enough and the only way to find it so that it may continue to help someone WOULD BE TO SEARCH FOR IT. So using common sense here and knowing that noobs and others like you don't want to search through the old posts to find what you need, then what's the point of it?????

Just so we are clear I don't have anything against the person who started this post or with most of it's content. I'm simply pointing out that once it becomes old it will no longer be of use to anyone because it will join hundreds of threads just like it in content and purpose. This nullifies much of the argument some have made against me in speaking out against re-hashed threads. All that people need to do most of the time is to read the stickies, browse a few old posts (NOT 50) on the topic they are coming here for, and maybe read a wiki or two. This does not consume much time at all and they would be greatly benefitted from it.

I figured I would share with everyone the diet I have followed and IS working. Immediate results(same day even).

Multivitamin & zinc gluconate supplement when you wake up, don't take anything else(including vitamin supplements)

Keep your fiber intake at around 25 grams, no less. This means eating flaxseed etc. as snacks. Once you wake up, have a tablespoon, and before you go to sleep. This helps control the insulin response(hormones that produce acne).

During big meals, drink down some metamucil that contains psyllium husk. 2 glasses per day.

Also, stay away from food high on the glycemic index, stay away from dairy and highly processed foods. Cookies etc. are no good, at least until your acne is under control. Stay away from animal products that contain hormones(all meat products). Seafood is ok

Do yoga and meditation, yoga when you wake up, meditation before you sleep. This helps control stress which can trigger acne.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR ACNE.

What u have discoverd there, be it a very questionable diet at best, is a method of control that is it.

THERE IS NO CURE FOR ACNE.

What u have discoverd there, be it a very questionable diet at best, is a method of control that is it.

I don't think it's that restrictive or questionable. Most of the stuff I listed not only improves acne, it improves your physical and mental well being. There are so many health benefits from getting a high supply of omega-3 EFA's and lignans. Fiber is another thing that most americans don't get enough of. If people stay away from highly processed foods which upset the hormonal balance for a majority of people, they will get rid of their acne.

I suggest googling the studies of flaxseed & derm's giving patients flaxseed rather than pushing pills that really don't work too good. Flaxseed will not only help your skin, it improves mental function. It is used for patients with dementia to improve their mind & sharpness. If there is one thing americans dont eat enough of, it is omega 3 EFA. Yes I know its common knowledge, but saying it's questionable is ridiculous.

The fact is, most of what I posted is the healthiest way to get rid of acne. I truly believe acne is linked to diet and physical/mental well being. It is clear that highly industrialized societies such as the USA are good at producing food that ruins your body, acne is just one of the many problems caused by poor dieting. It isn't anyones fault either, people don't know this stuff until they research all the studies that have been done and look at the health of other countries who don't eat processed garbage.

Really, the options are this. Eat processed junk food for years which cause hormonal imbalances and acne, and get pills to mask acne(which don't always do a good job at masking it). Or, follow a healthy lifestyle and diet and not be plagued by any medical conditions caused by the typical American Diet.

Diet and lifestyle change isn't difficult. You don't even need to do yoga and meditation or change how you sleep but it can't make it any worse. It will definitely improve your mental and physical well being though, which is helpful for people who have acne(who are already under stress due to their condition).

Anyway, before you bash it, try it out. Yes it does work immediately after you start so it's not like those lousy antiobiotic treatments dermatologists push onto you. I only posted this because I am confident it will help most if not all of the people who try it. Otherwise I wouldn't have bothered posting and replying to angry forum trolls.

Sorry, do you mean the cure for acne or red marks?

Generally diets are intended as 'cures' for active acne rather than for red marks. These should fade themselves over time, and perhaps a little more quickly with topical help.

"Keep your fiber intake at around 25 grams, no less. This means eating flaxseed etc. as snacks. Once you wake up, have a tablespoon, and before you go to sleep. This helps control the insulin response(hormones that produce acne)."

How true is this? Because of high fiber intake will lower acne, I'll buy some flaxseeds or whatever today son!

most of the threads pl read are new threads man ...i dont search through old threads that are 30 pages long for what i need...most go off topic like this one....whining on every post you find not up to your standards and commenting on people's spelling is damn odd...stop being a little bitch