Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ahh for me unfortuneatley Im still not the same even though my acne went away a good amount after I finished accutane. Im just frustrated all the time.

were you this way before acne?

alil bit, but I used to go out and had my own group of friends, now im a social mess. I honestly am confused and dont know if I should blame acne for it, I had a bunch of insecurities in life, but they never got to me at 1st, when I had acne everything just all caught up to me and im just not in a positive mood anymore about it all.. I have a confused feeling of weakness and defeated.

Mine got a lot better for awhile...until I started focusing in my my horrific scarring on my back. But, honestly, it's just so much nicer knowing that I can show my face and not worry SO much about a huge cyst staring at the world. Just can't wear a tank top...or let anyone touch my shoulders!

Well I can't wait for the day when I can show my face in public again and not think about it. The red marks will fade in time. I also can't wait until I can rest my head down again without striking a goddamn nerve. Sometimes it hurts to sleep on one side or the other.

As soon as I get rid of mine (and I'm very confident I will) I'm going to go hang around with my friends more and get a job next summer. Acne has really been holding me down and I'd just like to be able to live my life again. No more being depressed all the time.

5 months seems like forever! :drool:

I understand, trust me. I couldnt' sleep because of the cysts I had on my back. I'd have to be careful how I moved my arms, how I leaned on things, how I wore my backpack so it wouldn't hurt or pop. Sometimes they'd bleed all over my sheets or my clothes--I could never wear light colors. I still can't wear light colors or you can see the raised areas from my scars. The human body does terrible things to itself. I can never go swimming or to the beach without making up some dumb excuse for not wearing a bathing suit or for not going at all. You will be happier once your face clears. Believe it. But the fact that it isn't now shouldn't hold you back.

I understand, trust me. I couldnt' sleep because of the cysts I had on my back. I'd have to be careful how I moved my arms, how I leaned on things, how I wore my backpack so it wouldn't hurt or pop. Sometimes they'd bleed all over my sheets or my clothes--I could never wear light colors. I still can't wear light colors or you can see the raised areas from my scars. The human body does terrible things to itself. I can never go swimming or to the beach without making up some dumb excuse for not wearing a bathing suit or for not going at all. You will be happier once your face clears. Believe it. But the fact that it isn't now shouldn't hold you back.

Yeah I know it too. But even though I know nobody really cares that I've got acne but the fact is I do, and it affects me. It's like when you're 5 years old and you're told that the monster under your bed isn't real, but it's still there to you.

Yeah I know it too. But even though I know nobody really cares that I've got acne but the fact is I do, and it affects me. It's like when you're 5 years old and you're told that the monster under your bed isn't real, but it's still there to you.

I know how you feel. It would be nice to find some guy that doesn't care about my keloids...but, in the end, I care. I hate them. I hate how they feel and how they make me feel...and how disgusting they look to me. Some people find scars sexy...I can't see how they'd ever find mine sexy. Feeling absolutely revolting because of your scars...that feeling never goes away. Well, except for one day every now and then when I look at them and say, hey, they're not that bad! But that lasts maybe two minutes.

Well when you have pimples all you want to do is get rid of them and you think thats it and no more problems,but when you get rid of your pimples you then start to realize your scars and red marks which sort of brings back depression again and far worse cause atleast with bumps there are stuff like accutane=hope, but for scars and red marks it is almost like no hope.And this whole red mark thing fading away- i dont understand i have never seen anyones red mark fade away & i have it for the past 4 years,it has marginally lightened thats probably cause the post inflammation is gone in the early days but the hyperpigmentation is same and not lightened one bit,and i have seen MANy people with the same problem.

i think acne will fuck my confidence up for a long ass time. even if i notice improvement i'll still be down because of the red marks that still remain. 8 months ago i would have died to look like i do now, but i'm not happy at all with how my skin looks now. kinda fucked up.