Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihatemylife

who in here got clear by taking tetracycline???????

i don't have insurance therefore getting medications is very hard. it will cost me a lot of money. therefore, i want to know if anyone has any success with tetracyline or other form of antibiotics. that way i don't have to waste money on acne products again. did you acne ever come back from taking it?????

-thx

Didnt work for me either. I believe Minocylince, out of all tetracycline antibiotics out there,

has been proven to be the most effective.

Try that.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I personally find it hard to believe anyone getting completely clear from an oral anti-biotic alone. They don't really tackle the whole issue. Those with extremely mild/mild acne are the only exceptions IMO.

i took doxycycline for 2 years

it was only tweenty dollars to.......really cheep

but all of a sudden my face started to break out terribly a month ago and i had to stop takin it.......my body built up a resists to the antibotic

so im takin birth control pills now for my acne

It worked quite well for my facial acne. Didn't do much with the back, however. I didn't like that it worked best on an empty stomach too. My derm weaned me off of it (2 pills a day, 1 pill a day, 1 pill every other day, etc.) until I stopped it completely. About 6 months later my acne came back pretty much full force. Contemplating accutane now.