Notifications
Clear all

Did Clindamycin work for you?

MemberMember
(@justplaincrazy)

Posted : 08/12/2006 12:23 am

the doctor put me on clindamycin phosphate lotion. It's one of those meds that makes your acne worse before it gets better, and mine has deffinately gotten worse. I've only been on it for about 3 weeks, but how long did it take for you to get results if you got any? Did it even work for you?

Also i just ordered Nixoderm, which i've never used before but apparently it works for most people. If the Nixoderm does work, should I stop using the Clindamycin since it makes me skin worse? or should I keep using it and see if it'll help along with the Nixoderm in a few months? thanks for any advice =)

p.s. -sorry if there's already a topic about this since it's a pretty popular prescription, i just didn't feel like going through over 500 pages to check.

MemberMember
(@sourpunch)

Posted : 08/12/2006 1:14 am

it did not work for me. actually, it really didnt give me an initial breakout either. i dont like it b/c it was watery. this is the one in a small bottle?? i like thick stuff on my face. its only been 3 weeks, i think you should give it longer before usingthe nixoderm.

what is nixoderm?

MemberMember
(@justplaincrazy)

Posted : 08/12/2006 1:38 am

it's this cream made in india and malaysia, apparently it "cures" a lot of skin-related problems, not just acne. go here [Edited link out] it's rated pretty well

MemberMember
(@adam122234)

Posted : 08/12/2006 5:30 am

It works for me..but i also use Benzaclin...i have both Clindamycin and Benzaclin....when i don't want to strip my face of it's moisture, i use Clindamycin and it seems to really work for me..

MemberMember
(@sallotape)

Posted : 08/12/2006 7:31 am

i used clindamycin phosphate and it cleared me up within a few weeks, however after about 2 months of using it i became immune to it and my acne returned worse than ever. I now get acne which i never used to get and its actually worse than the acne beforehand. The lotion was okay because it didn't dry my skin out but it was hard trying to get makeup to stay on your face. Keep on going and see how it goes.

MemberMember
(@michelle912)

Posted : 08/12/2006 2:42 pm

I've been on evoclin, which is clindamycin in a foam, for about 3 weeks now. It works pretty well for me, has kept me from getting any big pimples. The one or two I have gotten I've spot treated w/ benzaclin and they go away. I didn't get much of an initial breakout- there were some more small bumps that seemed to be like a purging process, but they were small and my skin still looked better overall. I'm using the evoclin in the daytime and a 2% SA lotion at night hoping to knock out some persistant blackheads with the combo.

Good luck.

MemberMember
(@peridottie)

Posted : 08/12/2006 2:50 pm

i used clindamycin for about a month. it did nothing for my skin. i hope it works for you though.

MemberMember
(@acnekid10)

Posted : 05/24/2017 4:03 pm

I'm using clindymacin lotion in the morning and aczone at night and so far my acne is a little bad I've been on it for a week idk if it will get better but I pray it does

MemberMember
(@athletic-man)

Posted : 05/26/2017 12:35 am

I use Clindamycin and BP in the morning and Retin A Micro at night. Those failed. I'm now going back on Accutane.