Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
koreankid

Using Bio-Oil on top of Differin - is it safe/OK?

you mean putting differin on...waiting for a few minutes...then putting bio oil on top of it? i dont think it would hurt, but i doubt it would do anything.

Guest nec77

i would do bio-oil in the morning and differin at night. i dont think putting them one on top of the other would be as benefitial.

Guest papillon
Is this OK or will it have a bad affect?

I wouldn't mix chemicals. Not good. :naughty:

Well I tried last night - Didnt see any difference (I mean like there wasnt anything wrong after using both at the same time). I would put Bio-Oil on in the morning, but I have on Benzamycin Pak in the morning. Would it be safer to use in the morning or night? I know it can be used as a moisturizer too... so I dont think it could hurt, would it?

Guest nec77

I'm not sure what a Benzamycin Pak is. All I know is that my derm. told me to use my vitamin c serum (its like bio-oil) in the morning and afternoon and then just use the differin at night. If the bio-oil can act as a moistruizer, I would just apply it after the Pak. Just make sure your face is dry (or whatever the directions say) and then put your bio-oil on.

ok, I have been using bio-oil for a few days only and my impression is it's really good, I already sent a thank you pm to Dami4n. I'm not gonna say anything more about bio-oil, I'm going to keep using it, sorry to hijack your thread but this is the only thing I'll say about bio-oil on acne.org, I don't want to sound like an advertisement.

Was going to post pics but no cam etc yet. So if you believe me or not is up to you :D

Just to make it clear, it's not a instant mircale thingy but I can see a small improvement after just a few days...

Over and out.

How is Differin working for you? My local skin care clinic wants to put me on it over benzoyl peroxide, I'm not sure whether I'm going to or not.

How are your results?

Guest nec77

i havent been using differin for nearly 2 weeks now. i also stopped taking doxycycline about 3 weeks ago. my skin has been good so far, i really think im over acne. differin didnt seem to do much. i would have a pimple, and then 3 days or so later it would go away, which is normal time. it didnt make my skin worse though. also, it cost me $100 !!! its supposed to help even your skins PH, but apple cider vinegar does the same thing. i think that stuff worked better for pimples lol.

Hey All,

I'm on Doxycycline, and Differin. I find the Dox helps prevent the cystic acne - aka skin infection, while the Differin keeps the skin clean and prevents acne. I really love this combination. I find I only get acne when I forget to use one or both of them for awhile.

As for using anything with Doxycycline. Directions say to wash face, pat dry, wait 20 min, apply Diff, wait 20 min, apply whatever else.

~Stucoteen