Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memories

50% glycolic, 45 mins really effective?

So where's sgt pepper and his post? Does the 50% glycolic and 45mins peel really works? I remembered last time in this forum, a guy uses 100% TCA for both his cheek. Everyone gave him negative feedback saying that he will scarred. But he never came back again. Same as Sgt pepper. So I suppose they have really gotten rid of their scarring and abandon this forum? Anyone tried 50% TCA peel on their cheek before?

I don't know.. Yea the pictures Sgt Pepper posted show very good results, but I didn't really see why he had to do the peel, his scars weren't even that noticable. And he never came back, so it's a little strange... 50% peel sounds a little scary and very risky to me. I think I rather wear makeup =/

There are icepicks scars and pock marks. There are more on his left side. The swelling makes it difficult for us to spot though...

I believe this method works because about 1 yr ago, I did a 25% TCA peel which i applied 7+ layers over both cheeks. The peel lasted more than 25 mins each day. I did it for 3 days. The burning sensation is really unbearable. I picked the crust on the 8th day and i hyperpigment. But they become less visible now. LUCKY.. Parts that were left untouched heals good. The redness last for a week. But the crust took a long long time to peel. Holes on my face were really reduced. Shallow ones were really gone.

My experience thoughout this peel is that it hurts! Both mentally and physically.

My Greatest Enemies:

1)The burning sensation that you have to go through is really unbearable.

2)The waiting time for the crust to peel off naturally and looking bad with those ugly crust for days.

3)The uncertainty after the peel. Will I look better or worse?

4)You cannot go anywhere with this look. Boring!

5)Your family. Are they going to support you?

I have decided to do this peel tomorrow and hopefully get a good peel out of it. If it really works, I would have saved lots of $$ and I will use the $$ to buy a camera to take pictures. Wish me luck!

I am an Asian by the way..

I jus did what sgt pepper has done... It did frost initially and after that, the area look bruised. Some area did not even bruised... So is this what I call immune to glycolic?

Today is the second day since i did the peel. Th peel ended up horrible. The peel was uneven. Some parts didnt even turned brown and some parts ended up burning deeper. Why is this so? I applied retin A 2 weeks before and why is it that some parts ended up burning and some not? Can anyone tell me why so that next time i can improve on it?

So where's sgt pepper and his post? Does the 50% glycolic and 45mins peel really works? I remembered last time in this forum, a guy uses 100% TCA for both his cheek. Everyone gave him negative feedback saying that he will scarred. But he never came back again. Same as Sgt pepper. So I suppose they have really gotten rid of their scarring and abandon this forum? Anyone tried 50% TCA peel on their cheek before?

I will be updating regularly. Though i know it won't turn out well... But I guess I'll just have to wait for the scab to fall off naturally... and hope it won't scar.

There are icepicks scars and pock marks. There are more on his left side. The swelling makes it difficult for us to spot though...

I believe this method works because about 1 yr ago, I did a 25% TCA peel which i applied 7+ layers over both cheeks. The peel lasted more than 25 mins each day. I did it for 3 days. The burning sensation is really unbearable. I picked the crust on the 8th day and i hyperpigment. But they become less visible now. LUCKY.. Parts that were left untouched heals good. The redness last for a week. But the crust took a long long time to peel. Holes on my face were really reduced. Shallow ones were really gone.

My experience thoughout this peel is that it hurts! Both mentally and physically.

My Greatest Enemies:

1)The burning sensation that you have to go through is really unbearable.

2)The waiting time for the crust to peel off naturally and looking bad with those ugly crust for days.

3)The uncertainty after the peel. Will I look better or worse?

4)You cannot go anywhere with this look. Boring!

5)Your family. Are they going to support you?

I have decided to do this peel tomorrow and hopefully get a good peel out of it. If it really works, I would have saved lots of $$ and I will use the $$ to buy a camera to take pictures. Wish me luck!

I am an Asian by the way..

Do you get larger pores from a result of doing this peel?

for the TCA, I would say it did enlarge my pores for the initial stage. But after some times, after constant squeezing out the whitish yellowish smelly fuzzy from the pores, it becomes more or less back to normal....

Today is the third day of the peel. Scabs has dried up and started to fall off. So far I wouldn't make any comment abt my pitted scars, cause it may be due to swelling which makes them look invisible. I will wait for another few more days before commenting...

The peel didn't turn out well... Uneven peeling.. No scarring occurs... Trying 100% TCA cross now...

i would wait to do the TCA cross...you don't want to stress your skin out too much. let it heal some more naturally before injuring it again!

and DON'T apply 100% TCA to a broad area!!! only a tiny dab with a toothpick...

I did quite a large area... from my experience, doing only a tiny dot won't really help (at least for me...) I actually pick at the scab and squeeze it until it bleed.. This was what i am doing now and the end result is a (really shallow one...) I rather have a shallow scar which can be removed easily by a 25% TCA peel. The

'scar' is still red. Should I apply retacynl to reduce the redness? Please suggest...

My theory for squeezing the scar is that it actually breaks the collagen between the scar and when it bleed, whiteblood cell and blood will fill in that pit forming a pool of blood. Yes, it is bloody! After which, I applied retin A (to build collagen) and an extremely thick layer of vaseline. (until it cannot be absorbed). It feels really uncomfortable with those oily vaseline on your skin.

Or they screwed there skin up :doubt:

You should NEVER go more than 35% for a tca full-face peel. Tca is NOT an AHA...it's quite different in structure and can cause very bad damage....glycolic and hydroxy acids are totally different in performance and aren't near as potent as tca. SIGH. Please people....do tons of reseach by googling and whatnot, or you can really damage your skin.

Denise2, I know why you said that.. I have tried 25% TCA peel with 20 layers in total for 3 days. The peel went really deep and the redness last for 2 weeks. I must say it is really effective for pitted scars. My experience is: if you don't pick the scab, you won't hyperpig or create any pitted scars. Infact, think of it another way. When I do a deep cheeks peel, it scab and when the scab grows thicker, it felt smooth to touch. But sad to say, I don't have the patience to wait for the scab to mature and i started picking it. It always result in scars eventually... But after this time, I am bend on doing another deep peel. I have the patience now. I have gotten over the picking habit. Waiting for 2 weeks is nothing...

Don't worry, it didnt screw up... In fact, some of my pits have been filled up... I have tons of pits. I have always been looking for a fast and effective way to treat all these pits at one time. But so far, still in the search...

Applying Retin A after squeezing the area will help build the collagen? I don't really know what actually happened because I put lots of chemical on the wound. 10% glycolic gel, 0.025% Retin A, Vaseline (lots of it) and makeup (comedogenic).

The makeup that is super oily seemed to help raise one of my deepest scar. Now, it is almost levelled... I will try it on other scars and update you guys... Cheers!